Robb, What Kind Of Video Camera Do You Use?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:15 pm

So, I am now in the market for some quality video editing software. Prefer to spend under 80.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:54 am

^ Then you're not going to do much better than Windows Movie Maker.

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:43 pm

I got Avid Liquid 7 at work, but only WMM on my laptop. I don't like WMM timeline. I was looking at some pinacle and avid stuff also.

I am also bidding on a Pinnacle Studio v9 on ebay, my high bid is 15 and 5 to ship, so if the software is crap, it won't be that bad of thing for 20 bucks.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Cmmndr312 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Do you have a Mac or PC? I saw you have a PC laptop, but your avatar suggests that you might have a Mac as well.

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:34 am

I have a pc, but if i can ever afford one, I am getting a mac. I just liked the design of it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Cmmndr312 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:55 am

Ok. I was gonna say, iMovie that comes on the Mac is pretty capable. Then there is also Final Cut Express that does a very good job. Of course, this info only matters if you do end up getting a Mac. I used to use Premiere on the PC but had way too many issues with it. Now I use Final Cut Studio 2 for everything.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 pm

CTU Agent wrote:Get Adobe Premiere Elements 4. I have it and it works great. Of course it is not good for professional video editing, but for my use (editing random park segments) it works great. I believe it runs about $80-$90.

I just bought Premiere. I love it. It can be quirky at times, but I'm writing that off on the large size of some of the files I'm working with. As for not being "professional," I'd say that's more of a user issue. I'm panning sound from channel to channel, using opacity, etc, etc. You can make it as "professional" looking as you want it to be. It just takes time.

Doesn't know how to spell "Enthusiast."

Postby Six Flags Enthuseast » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:41 am

I have a Kodak Easyshare, and if you use it for random park photoshooting and/or taking short videos, it's almost unbeatable. It has different modes that set up the lense to different conditions. For example, it has Auto for normal picture taking, sport for when your moving or when the subject is moving, video if you want to take a video (limited only by the space on the memory card), and a few modes that I haven't used yet. And you can change them at the spin of a small wheel. It is a bit expensive, $300 for the model we got, but it is fantastic for TR's.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:10 pm

I just bought the Panasonic P2 200 for home, I use the P2 500 and 2000 at work, they all work great. The 200 has a built in lens, but it's great for shooting around the parks. The 500 and 2000 are too large to take in a park, plus they are broadcast cams, so security would have a cow. The 200 is the DVX100B's step up to 1080i shooting.

I have Avid 3.0 at home, Nitris at work. In my opinion, AVID is the way to go, yes it's expensive, but it's the best. AVID now owns Pinnacle, I've read they've really upgraded the versions you can buy at Best Buy and other similar stores, so that might be a great program to get without taking a loan out.

I also use After Effects, but that's for a lot of post.
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:45 pm

^ What kind of editing work do you do?

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Alvey