Robb, What Kind Of Video Camera Do You Use?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Robb, What Kind Of Video Camera Do You Use?

Postby mejaybe » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:11 pm

Hey Robb!

I'm in the market for a video camera and was curious to know what kind you use to record all of your videos? Do you still like it? If not, anything you can recommend for a reasonable price? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

J.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:51 am.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left!

Postby joshg678 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:07 pm

I also would like to know what Type and Brand of video camera you two use and what kind of Digital Camera you use.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:59 pm

I'll let Robb handle this...but I know there will be a few things he'll ask you so he can give you a better answer, so let me get those out of the way:

- Is it for shooting a day at the park, or mostly onride video?
- How much would you like to spend?
- Do you have any other camera parts or accesories?
- Will you be editing the video? Making DVD's?
- What kind of Computer do you have?

Answer those questions and he'll be able to help you better!

Elissa "almost time for me to start shooting video again!" Alvey

Postby joshg678 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:24 pm

Actually, thats what i want to know what you guys use. I allready have a digital camera, and camcorder.

I would like to know what type of camera is best for onride, and offride.

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:17 pm

I don't know about Robb, but I use a Sony DCRHC30. It's nice and compact. It's pretty easy to hold on rides.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:50 pm

I use...

Great video quality easy transfer (I have a microdrive slot on my pc) Lightweight, can carry it in my pocket if I wanted to.

Microdrive/CompactFlash and Secure Digital card slots for extra storage and transfer (4.0GB Microdrive card included)

the only thing that I would see would be a downfall is its like 1200.00 dollars. but hey, price is nothing when its something you want right!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:55 pm

We normally go for the best of the 'low end' cameras. Mainly because the abuse we put them through every year kills a camera or two, and it's hard to spend that much money on equipment EACH year!

At the moment I am using a Sony TRV-18 as a home DV deck, a TRV-19 for shooting off ride, and a HC-30 for onrides.

I am, however, looking at the new Sony DV cameras, especially that 16x9 one. We'll see....

--Robb

Postby joshg678 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:22 pm

I got my Panasonic PV-GS14 at best by, with an extended 4 year warranty. If anything breaks in it, they will fix it, and if they fix it 3 times they will replace the whole camera, and if that model is not sold any more, they will give me a brand new one thats a new model.

So i say that's the best way.

Josh "Yea thats an On & On sentence" Gould

Wisconsin state fair boy

Postby benzo41190 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:30 pm

I use a DCR-TRV280. Ir is pretty small, light weight. Some good features are the photo option, steady shot, night shot, and USB and Fire Wire streaming option (easy for editing). It was around $300.00 and came with pretty much all the tools you need but the Fire Wire card. One other thing is although it is digital, you need a Cassete tape (a normal one works fine). When you use a 160 min. tape you only get 80 min. out of it because it is digital and the tape are recordable.
"Were Talk-in Bout Flea Market...Montgomery, Its Just Like, Its Just Like--A Mini--MALL! "

Oh YEAH!
Flea Market Video

Somebody Get This Guy Some SUGAR!

Postby thunder001 » Mon May 02, 2005 2:15 am

I am also using a Sony ( HC - 20), but would like to know what software you use for the editing process and burning onto DVD. Have tried pinnacle for the editing, but have trouble when burning.
I found out that if I use pinnacle for the editing along and then use Nero 6 Reloaded to burn to DVD the process works, but it lacks quality with the footage. Any thoughts on how I can inprove the quailty??

Wayne.

Next

Return to Ask Alvey