TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Paintball!

Well, I'm finally going paintballing within the next month, and I have some questions.

1. What is the difference between paintball and speedball?

2. Are their certain kinds of modes to play?

3. Tips

100th Post

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Paintball is divided into to sections, this will cover your second question also. There is speedball, a more popular version of the game. Its based on a small field and people use fast guns, its a fast paced games and most likely you'll get shot. Woodsball is a bigger, slower paced game, you can take your time, and you can hide better, depending on field.

3. KEEP YOUR MASK ON, I've seen way to many kids walking around and taking off their mask after they got shot, dont do it!

Few tips would be to wear shoes that have ankle support, also try to wear loose fitting clothes to be more comfy. Since summer is closing in on us maker sure to drink plenty of water. Best advice would be to follow the park rules and keep your mask on at all time while on the field.

Could it be that they think that if they take off their masks then they can't be hit anymore?

I think they don't understand the rules or something.

And yes, chug water, Paintball is a more strenuous sport then conventional ones, more adrenaline is pumping alas more energy wasted

• 6 months later...

I've only gone once, with my friend's church group...those Baptists can be violent!

I had a great time, and even though getting shot hurt a bit, I didn't have any bruises the next morning. I can't wait to go again!

I've only gone once, with my friend's church group...those Baptists can be violent!

I had a great time, and even though getting shot hurt a bit, I didn't have any bruises the next morning. I can't wait to go again!

Oh church groups. I love lightin' them noobs up

I just bought a Dangerous Power G3/IQ.

Nice. Careful that triggers a bitch, don't lube it up to much either.

• 11 months later...

All I have to say is that Dragon Man's paintball fields are freaking amazing. They use cars, trucks, and buses that have been blown up by rocket launchers as areas you can hide in and shoot from, along with a field that is literally just a giant maze.

If you're interested, it's off Curtis Rd about 3/4 mile north of Hwy 94 in Colorado Springs, CO.

http://dragonmans.com/dragonman/dragonman/www/PaintBall/home.html

• 1 year later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead now that a bunch of my coworkers have gotten hooked. I went years without playing, but now do private games at least once a month at SC Village.

Upgraded to a DM10 w/ a Rotor hopper.

Anyone else out there still playing paintball?

Edited by Jew

Bringing this thread back from the dead now that a bunch of my coworkers have gotten hooked. I went years without playing, but now do private games at least once a month at SC Village.

Upgraded to a DM10 w/ a Rotor hopper.

Anyone else out there still playing paintball?

Just getting into it. I went for a fourth time, and did pretty well. I feel like purchasing a marker, any good ones for beginners (other than a tippman 98 custom)?

If you need to buy all your gear and not just a gun, $100-200 isn't going to get you much. A Tippmann A5 is about all you can get in that range and still buy the other gear you need (bare minimum of a mask and a hopper).