TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pirates of the Caribbean

^ that's good, I was hoping he would be in a couple scenes. I can't wait to go ride it. hopefully I will be there soon. Also, glad to hear that they didn't change the ride too drastically, when I first heard about this, I was a little uneasy since it is my, and I'm sure many others, favorite disney ride.

EDIT: I heard Johnny Depp was going to be there on Sunday for some event having to do with the ride, can someone confirm this?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure but I think this change is made in Paris as well as the ride was closed when a friend of mine went there a few weeks back.. Could be other stuff too, but it seemed closed all day he said.

I hope so

The ride in Paris was indeed closed for a few weeks, but the change of adding the new characters was not made in Paris yet. It was just closed for maintenance on the ride.

^ So you're saying "dead men tell no tales" has been removed in favor of Davey Jones, or is it still used?

Yep. The skull and cross bones still say it as you go down the first drop but in the dark tunnel it has been removed.

Why they would remove one of the ride's iconic props is beyond me...

Because they have a bunch of morons working in Imagineering these days. Sense of history? What's that? Next thing you know, they'll suggest the Statue of Liberty start wearing a lady's business suit with heels.

I cant wait to see the changes, but I hope, for everything good about disney, they don't do the same for Haunted Mansion.

I think they won't do that, because more people have seen 'PotC Curse of the Black Pearl' and 'Haunted Mansion' is a bad movie compared to 'PotC'.

Look at this (well you probably suspect as much I guess):

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN:

THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES

Domestic: $305,413,918 46.7%

+ Foreign: $348,500,000 53.3%

= Worldwide: $653,913,918

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Compared to:

THE HAUNTED MANSION

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES

Domestic: $75,847,266 41.6%

+ Foreign: $106,443,000 58.4%

= Worldwide: $182,290,266

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

'The Haunted Mansion' doesnt even come close 'PotC'

So I take it that if the movie isn't very popular those imagineers won't think of changing the ride. I sure hope so anyway.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=piratesofthecaribbean.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hauntedmansion.htm

Because they have a bunch of morons working in Imagineering these days. Sense of history? What's that? Next thing you know, they'll suggest the Statue of Liberty start wearing a lady's business suit with heels.

Well, it stills plays "Dead Men Tells No Tales" in the caverns. Call off the WAAAAmbulence on this on.

Well, it stills plays "Dead Men Tells No Tales" in the caverns. Call off the WAAAAmbulence on this on.

Easy for you to say, you still know where the voice in your head is coming from. It even has extra lines!

Yesterday, they started Cast Preview for the PotC at Disney World. I was walking off set to my break room where someone told me to go ride it.

They hadn't started the previews when we got in line, but it was quite short and it just began.

I thought the re-vamp was awesome. The Jack Sparrows look almost lifelike.

I give it a big thumbs up!

*Spoilers ahead...mark well me words mateys*

Most of the ride until you hit the caves after the cursed treasure scene is pretty untouched, just some prop touch ups here and there, much more lavish treasure scene now. I'm pretty mixed on the Davy Jones effect curtain, the effect itself is top notch but the overall use of it is just is too high tech and to me just doesnt fit in well with the whole POTC ride as it stands now.

My wife was really disappointed on Black Beard getting replaced with Capt Barbossa. I was a little mixed on this one as well...other than the Aucioneer, Black Beard was the memorable pirate of the ride and was THE pirate of his days. Barbossa is a worthy addition but shouldnt have replaced old Beardy. Barbossa pretty much just repeats the old Black Beard lines but in his voice obviously which to me wasnt as convincing as Beardy. The POTC movie theme can be heard in the battle scene now and was a nice touch.

Now moving on to the Jack Sparrow animatronics. Wow...simply WOW. They are about as realistic as it gets and their use and motions are simply amazing. There are 3 Jacks placed around the ride, one at the "mayor dunking" scene as they are now interogating the Mayor as to Jacks where abouts, here we see Jack ducking around the corner listening in on them. The following Jack comes up next on the pirates feasting scene. Gone now is the cat (or girl if you remember from not to long ago) that used to pop out of the barrel behind the gluttenous pirate...now its Jack. The expression on Jack's face and movements as hes peaking from inside the barrel is hilarious. They really captured Johnny Deep's mannerisms. The final Jack comes up at the exit scene where the chain lift hauls you up, gone now are the two pirate who used to hoist the treasure up out of the pit. Here we see Jack sitting comfortably with his booty singing the yo ho pirate theme. Very well done Jack's indeed and I welcome them. Overall a nice upgrade to a classic ride...

i loved the new updates. they are great. capt. jack sparow is a must see...it look so freakin real. and the davey jones (spelling?) seen blew me away! woah it was cool but the line was long...yay...too bad it was down most of monday night, but i still got to ride it tuesday

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new Pirates? They cleaned it up a bit, added a indy rats-like effect, and 3 Jack Sparrow look really good, but it feels too much like the movie (which I didn't really like). The new room in Haunted Mansion was cool, though.

(Note: The Longest lines for Pirates I have ever seen. 30min at 8:15am The best time to get on is just as fantasmic ends, line was about 15min.)