TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pirates of the Caribbean

Well mid way through my shift today a fellow Cast Memeber told me there was going to be a sneak peak for Pirates tonight. I didn't hear anything at all about this so I went over to see what was going on and found the cue full with fellow Cast members. Management was in force there. No bags where allowed inside. All cameras had to be turned off. Even herd a few speils through the ride of people being caught with there camera phones and found a few maangers at the dock as I left talking to a few of them. But I don't have to say it was amazing! There was a new island in the horseshoes in the front with a new parrot. The sky was alot brighter and got to see the painted houses on the wall. The lighting efect was redone in the storm scene. A few new stuff here and there. The davey jones affect blew me away. Last but not least capt jack looked so damn real! You should all go Monday to see cause it was great. Sorry for no pictures but there was no way i could get any.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also went to the Pirates of the Carribean Cast Member preview Thursday night and I have to concur about the "enhance", It is pretty darn good! I was impressed! The Davy Jones effect was enough for me. I could care less what else happened, it was worth the down time! Just a heads up! I hear that maybe soft opening will begin on Sunday. So if you get the chance to go to the resort come check it out!

Chuck "Disney Dork" Garcia

I haven't heard either about the FL version, but I will try to find out. Should be soon. All in all the DL version will still be better

Cheers!

========

So a pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants.

The bartender says, why do you have a steering wheel in your pants?

The Pirate says Gwwrrr she be driving me nutzz....

Don't won't to spoil it for everyone so the Davey Jones afect is explained below. Skip if you don't want to see.

As you enter the tunnel that is all dark where the voice would say "dead men tell no tales" they put a fog machine to make a screen to project a image on. Like how they do the rats on the indy ride. Davey Jones is projected on the smoke with a water effect so the smoke looks like water. His face apears from the water and says something then his face dissapears into the water. Forgot what he said though.

Well, from what this sounds like, the changes are going to be awesome. Supposdly, tonight at the premiere, the guests get to ride Pirates before everyone else. Then tomorrow, they are going to soft open it for the public and it will officially open on Monday. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

---Brent

^ So you're saying "dead men tell no tales" has been removed in favor of Davey Jones, or is it still used?

Yep. The skull and cross bones still say it as you go down the first drop but in the dark tunnel it has been removed.

At WDW, the skull has apparently been removed altogether (along with it's safety spiel.) "Dead men tell no tales" is now just spoken by a disembodied voice. Why they would remove one of the ride's iconic props is beyond me...

I gotta ask, did they put back in the Non-PC parts of the ride?

Nope. I wish. They did take out one of my fav scenes though from that area. The horse and goat fighting over the basket of food that the pirate moved side to side has been removed from the ride.

Don't think this has been answered yet, Where is Jack Sparrow in the ride?

At Dineyland he apears three times. Once at the well scene. Another at the scene where the men are chasing the women.......oops....i mean food. Lastly at the end on the lift hill