TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

manhattan express trains

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the wheel in the front of the new cars. You guys should look on the bright side. There's no way the ride could possibly get worse, and it has new trains.

-Luke

Wow. I was just looking for this thread yesterday to see if anyone has received/posted any pics on the new trains. Has anyone here ridden the ride with the new trains? How was it?

Looking at the photo's, it almost looks as if there were some modifications to the wheel assemblies. I can't blow it up enough to see it clearly. I wonder if it was just the coach/trains they modified and/or the wheel carrier units were modified as well (hopefully to improve the ride quality). The wheels themselves look a bit different too. Hmmm, new material.

Now just need to have side-lighting similar to the old DF trains..lol

There's no way the ride could possibly get worse, and it has new trains.

-Luke

They could add standup trains like they did on a few Arrow mine trains in the 80's I believe, that way you get some momentum before slamming your head into the restraints.

The Arrow Corkscrew coaster that operated at Worlds of Fun from 1976 to 1988 ran standup trains for the 1983 season. I know I have seen a picture of it somewhere, but I cant remember where...

• 4 weeks later...

When I was there a few weeks ago they were still using the old trains. I didnt even see the new trains. Same old craptastic ride!

BTW,

The lines get LOOOONG at night on the weekends so ride it as early as you can.

The Arrow Corkscrew coaster that operated at Worlds of Fun from 1976 to 1988 ran standup trains for the 1983 season. I know I have seen a picture of it somewhere, but I cant remember where...

The River King Mine Ride (arrow) at SFStL once had stand-up trains, but a woman died because of them so that got rid of 'em.