TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

UK Photo TR: live2tell75 (the other Eric Johnson)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My UK Trip Stats

The theme park attractions I experienced on The TPR UK 2006 Tour:

Chessington World Of Adventures:

Vampire-suspended coaster, Dragon's Fury-spining mouse coaster, Rattlesnake-wild mouse, Runaway Train-powered coaster, Bubbleworks-dark-boat ride, Dragon Falls-log flume, Peeking Heights-ferris wheel, Tomb Blaster-shoot-out dark ride, Hocus Pocus Hall-3D walk through fun house, Safari Skyway-people mover, and Toadie's Crazy Cars-powered rail car ride.

Coney Beach:

Megablitz-steel coaster, Ghost Train-dark ride.

Oakwood Park:

Speed: No Limits-eurofighter coaster, Megafobia-wooden coaster, Treetops-powered coaster, Plane Crazy-flyers, Bounce-tower drop ride, The Bobsleigh-alpine slide, Spooky 3D-dark ride, and Brer Rabbit Ride-twisted dark ride.

Alton Towers:

Rita: Queen Of Speed-launch coaster, Nemesis-SLC, Corkscrew-steel coaster, Air-flying coaster, Oblivion-diving coaster, Spinball Whizzer-spining mouse, The Beastie-powered coaster, Runaway Mine Train-powered coaster, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory: The Ride-dark boat ride, Hex: The Legend of the Towers-madhouse, Congo River Rapids-rapids ride, The Flume-log flume, Duel-The Haunted House Strikes Back!-shoot out dark ride, Squirrel Nutty Ride-people mover, and the UG Swinger-swings.

Drayton Manor:

G-Force-steel coaster, Shockwave-stand-up coaster, Excalibur: A Dragon's Tale-dark boat ride, Super Dragon Roller Coaster-powered coaster, Maelstorm-giant frisbee, Black Revolver-indoor waltzer, Apocalypse-tower drop ride, The Haunting-madhouse, Wild West Shoot Out-shoot out dark ride, Buffalo Coaster-powered coaster, The Pirate Adventure-dark boat ride and Storm Force-reverser flume.

Pleasureland Southport:

Cyclone-wooden coaster, King Solomon's Mines-wooden wild mouse, Fun House-best funhouse ever!, Big Apple-powered coaster, Haunted Inn-crooked house, Caterpillar, Lost Dinosaurs of the Sahara-dark boat ride, Abdullah's Dilemma-walk through interactive house, Ghost Train-dark ride, and the Sky Ride.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach:

Big Dipper-wooden coaster, Grand National-duel wooden coaster, Wild Mouse-wooden wild mouse, Roller Coaster-wooden coaster, Avalanche-bobsled coaster, Space Invaders 2 -indoor steel coaster, Pepsi Max-hyper steel coaster, Zipper Dipper-wooden coaster, Irn-Bru Revolution-shuttle coaster, Steeplechase-rail coaster, Chinese Puzzle Maze-hedge maze, Gold Mine-dark ride, Alice Ride-dark ride, Ghost Train-dark ride, Flying Machines-flying rockets, Noah's Ark-rocking walk through, Trauma Towers-walk through haunted house, River Caves-dark boat ride, Bling-flat ride, Magic Mountain-dark ride, and Valhalla-Indoor reverser flume.

Lightwater Valley:

The Ultimate: steel/wooden coaster, Sewer Rat-indoor steel coaster, The Caterpillar Coaster-powered coaster, The Grizzly Bear-steel coaster, The Ladybird-powered coaster, The Twister-spining wild mouse and Black Widow's Web-enterprise.

Flamingo Land:

Velocity-power bike launch coaster, Kaumali-SLC, Dragon Coaster-powered coaster, Wild Mouse, Cable Car-sky ride, Waltzers, Little Monster's Exploratorium-ineractive walk through, and Mischief Mansion, dark ride.

Pleasurwood Hills:

Enigma-steel coaster, Thunderstruck-flat ride, Shiver 'M Tibers-boat swing ride, Snake In The Grass-powered coaster, Sky Ride, Tales of the Coast-3D dark boat ride, and Helter Skelter Slide.

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach:

Roller Coaster-scenic railway wooden coaster, Big Apple-powered coaster, Funhouse, Scrambler-flat ride, Haunted Hotel-dark ride, and The Snails-dark ride.

Joyland:

Spook Express-powered coaster, Snails-powered coaster, Tyrolean Tubtwist-virginia reel, Neptune's Underwater Kingdom-dark ride, and The Cars-rail car ride.

Thorpe Park:

Stealth-rocket launch coaster, Nemesis Inferno-SLC, Colosses-steel coaster, Zodiac-enterprise, Vortex-flat ride, Quantum-flat ride, Rush-giant swing, Samuri-flat ride, Loggers Leap-log flume, Slammer-fly swat, Chief Ranger's Carousel, Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari-railed car ride, Detonator-tower drop ride, Rumba Rapids-rapids ride, Train to Thorpe Farm, X:\ No WayOut-backwards indoor steel coaster and Mr. Monkey's Banana Boat Ride-swinging ship ride.

Eric, what a wonderful TR! Some of your photos, especially the ones of London and a castle in one of the parks, are just gorgeous! I hope lots of those are finding their way into frames for your walls!

-Julie

Thanks Julie! That is very kind. And yes I do plan on framing some of my London and castle pictures from Alton Towers. My next project is to put together a UK trip scrapbook. That should keep me busy for awhile!

--Eric J

My TPR UK Trip Top Picks:

Favorite Park:

1. Blackpool Pleasure Beach

2. Alton Towers

3. Thorpe Park

4. Chessington World Of Adventures

5. Oakwood

Favorite Coaster (Steel):

1. Dragon's Fury at Chessington World Of Adventures

2. Nemesis at Alton Towers

3. Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park

4. Velocity at Flamingo Land

5. Steeplechase at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Favorite Coaster (Wood)

1. Megafobia at Oakwood

2. Grand National at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

3. Big Dipper at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

4. Cyclone at Pleasureland Southport

5. Roller Coaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Favorite New Kind Of Coaster (To Me)

1. Dragon's Fury (spinning mouse) at Chessington World Of Adventures

2. Velocity (boaster bike) at Flamingo Land

3. Steeplechase (Single rail horse) at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

4. Roller Coaster (scenic railway) at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach

5. Speed: No Limits (eurofighter) at Oakwood

Favorite Water Ride

1. Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

2. Congo River Rapids at Alton Towers

3. The Flume at Alton Towers

4. Storm Force at Drayton Manor

5. Dragon Falls at Chessington World Of Adventures

Favorite Themed Dark Ride

1. Hex: The Legend Of The Towers at Alton Towers

2. Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

3. The Brer Rabbit Ride at Oakwood

4. The Haunting at Drayton Manor

5. Bubbleworks at Chessington World Of Adventures

Favorite Old School Dark Ride

1. Ghost Train at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

2. Ghost Train at Pleasureland Southport

3. The Snails at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach

4. Gold Mine at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

5. River Caves at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Favorite Flat/Thrill Ride

1. Samurai at Thorpe Park

2. Hex: The Legend Of The Towers at Alton Towers

3. Vortex at Thorpe Park

4. Apocalpse at Drayton Manor

5. The Haunting at Drayton Manor

Favorite Walk Through/Funhouse/Haunted House

1. Fun House at Pleasureland Southport

2. Trauma Towers at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

3. Noah's Arch at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

4. Haunted Inn at Pleasureland Southport

5. Abddullah's Dilemma at Pleasureland Southport

Favorite Shoot Out Dark Ride

1. Duel: The Haunted House Strikes Back! at Alton Towers

2. Tomb Blaster at Chessington World Of Adventures

3. Wild West Shoot Out at Drayton Manor

4. Spooky 3D at Oakwood

Favorite Themed Attraction:

1. Hex: Legend of the Towers at Alton Towers

2 Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

3. Nemesis at Alton Towers

4. Tomb Blaster at Chessington World Of Adventures

5. Vampire at Chessington World Of Adventures

Finally, Rides That Scared The Crap Out Of Me!

1. Wild Mouse at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

2. King Solomon's Mines at Pleasureland Southport

3. Megablitz at Coney Beach

4. Speed: No Limits at Oakwood

Thanks Eric for taking the time to put together this wonderful TR. I got a kick out of reliving all the unique moments of the trip. Some of them I had almost even forgotten (ex: riding the flying carpet in the DO NOT USE seat).

We really need to find a way to trade some photos real soon.

B.O.T.B.C. Forever

^ Definitely Ted, we have got to do a photo trade. I can't believe how much we did. Going through all the park maps brought back everything. Sorry again about knocking you in the head on that wierd Trauma Towers ride at Blackpool. I'm glad you survived the magic carpet at Thorpe. That was freaky, but pretty funny, I'm glad you held on tight! Hopefully I will see you and Catrina soon for a BGT and/or AI meet in Tampa.

--Eric

Thank You's

I know I have said thank you here and there, but i just wanted to say thanks one more time. If I forget your name, please know that I sincerley apologize and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

And if I didn't get to know you on this trip, hopefully I will on a future trip! I now feel like I have new friends all over the world! I hope you all feel like you have a new friend in Florida.

--Eric J

groupweb.JPG.3b1df496860474e0fb993ccb7dd31436.JPG

First I would like to thank the entire TPR UK group, you ALL rocked! I have never been on any type of theme park group tour. It was so refreshing to be around so many people that knew and appreciated what I was talking about!

"Red Alert! Red Alert!"

Thank you to the Back Of The Bus Crew (B.O.T.B.C.), I love all of you!

Big Mike, Casey, Melanie & Rich, the Jim's, Dave & Jodi, Paul, Tommy & James, Ted & Catrina, Barron, Kristie, and Gary. You guys all rock! Thanks for making the long drives so entertaining!

"Ole' Ole' Ole'"!!!!!

84162486_BusCoolPeopleweb.JPG.426012f41948cc005d8e706d9dff0591.JPG

B.O.T.B.C. forever!

More Thank You's

riverrapidstedcatrinaweb.JPG.7e170f09badff34b56055f6235837f53.JPG

Thanks (my fellow Pizza Hut fanboys) Ted and Catrina. You both were so much fun to hang out with. I look forward to doing future park meets!

1872357412_TheTowersEricJamesTommyweb2.JPG.00c73987a4beba4d8988c0f3ccc3c044.JPG

Thanks Tommy and James for helping me perfect the art of "stalkeratzzi". You guys always made me laugh! Thanks for alwayz keepin' it fo real!

521087523_mikeandericweb.JPG.667050950f64a5f7995e372d95fac973.JPG

Ditto to you Big Mike, thanks for being the best non-add on roomate! And more importantly thanks for being our bodyguard at Thorpe Park! "red alert"

1067211710_PaulEricweb.JPG.33bf5a54e92531717f78de8a30cb4234.JPG

Thanks Paul for being a great roomate! It was fun hanging out.

stealthkarenchickweb.JPG.893cc01648e4aeb3da5bc03a19b359c4.JPG

Karen and Chuck, I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys throughout the trip! Karen you were a great powered car ride partner and dark ride hunter! Chuck, my fellow dark ride junkie, I had a blast on all the cheezy but great dark rides!

HauntedHotelGroupweb.JPG.ea6e3815b66ca88bf991f1382919967c.JPG

Thanks to my dark ride fanboys: Peter, Andrew, Chuck, Karen and Bill. I can't believe we all survived those terrifying rides!

Great TRs Eric.

My gods & goddesses, I couldn't keep track of half of what you've listed in all your lists there! Very impressive. Makes me want to go back thru all my park maps, the tour guide and all the souvenirs, and re-live (mostly) all of it.

Nice to meet you and share some theme park time, here and there. Hope you will consider maybe the Japan trip - as I know you'd do a great TR with the country and culture.... not to mention the coasters and rides, too, heh heh!

More Thank Yous:

Thanks to the Big Blue Hotel for being a kick ass hotel! To everyone at Blackpool for hooking us up with so much fun stuff! The Pizza Hut Buffet at Blackpool for the free refills! Nigel the best bus driver a tour could dream for! Melainie and Rich for being my hotel hoppa/Heathrow Airport support! Ryan for keeping it real and by pounding it! To anyone who let me send free Emails-I am still grateful! All the UK hotties that I stalked at the parks! And anyone I shared a ride and/or a conversation with on the trip, hopefully we will do it again in the future!

And finally last but not least, the most important thank you to Robb and Elissa Alvey. A thousand thank you's would still not be enough to express how much this trip rocked! I think I speak for everyone on the trip, when I say we appreciate all the many hours and hard work you both put into making this a truly theme park dream vacation! From keeping us informed for almost a year before the trip about what to expect. The fantastic important UK guide. Working with all the parks for the gazillion ERTs, photo walkbacks, and other perks. Organizing with the hotels and parks the many meals. Booking a nice comfy bus and the best driver ever! The trivia, Family Guy episodes, DVD and other fun stuff. The awesome t-shirts. Even the surprise Coney Park stop! And most important sharing all of your theme park knowledge with us. The trip was a blast. Thanks again for creating this little awesome website called Theme Park Review! If you ever need help planning a Florida and/or Southeast trip you can count on me, the other eric johnson/madonna stalker! Thanks again!

--Eric Johnson

robbelissame2web.JPG.44f259702e2765bd76d1235b22d0a907.JPG

Thanks Robb and Elissa!

So that's all folks! Again, you guys are all amazing! Hopefully I will see some of you on the Midwest or Spain trip next year. If you're ever in Florida, give me a buzz, I would love to do a park meet! Till then-peace out! Holla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that now ends my TPR UK 2006 Tour Trip Report!

--Eric (I can now go to sleep now that the TR is done!) Johnson

B.O.T.B.C. forever!

It was great meeting you, too, Eric. Hard to believe that we survived the exquisite horror of all those dark rides. I'm still kicking myself for missing Spooky 3D at Oakwood--d'oh! At least I saw the partying bunnies!

You need to get up to the 'Burg for a DarKastle fix as bad as I need to check out Sheikra.