TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Chinese Fireball or Hungarian Horntail? Which is better?

I like Ice better.

Ice's Positives

The 240 degree curve after the first drop is so fun

The first drop is better

The Zero-G roll is awesome

I dont really like the Cobra Roll

Coming into that loop is just amazing

The last few turns when you head down a straight away picking up speed and hit the turn real fast, while your feet are about to be chopped off by Fires last wingover is a cool effect

Fire's Negatives

Too intense on the last wingover

After the second immelman the track that swoops down makes me dizzy

I hate how it ends farther away from all the track

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just rode DD for the first time a couple months ago and to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed. (Could be cause I had just ridden Montu the day before which is the best inverted IMO.) I like Ice the best of the two, but Fire had some cool elements as well. As far as airtime on the hump-WANK, I felt nothing. The drop on Ice is the first time I have ever had a dropping feeling on an inverted. I just thought it was better.

Lukewarm for me.

I love the Zero-g, and cobra roll of Ice. Also the straightaway into the loop is more anticipating.

I love Fire for it's intense curves and the wraparound immelman. It's also the only B&M invert without a zero-g, which makes it unique.

Seriously this ride has soooo much potential if you think about it, they could've had a dive loop on ice after that first drop, instead of that long turn, and then they could've just done so much more, with a completely different layout, which would add to the ride, because I like those dueling rides that are farther away from each other, but then come back together to battle then go there own serperate ways, and they could've added alot more to this if they just planned the layout a little bit better...

• 7 years later...
Seriously this ride has soooo much potential if you think about it, they could've had a dive loop on ice after that first drop, instead of that long turn, and then they could've just done so much more, with a completely different layout, which would add to the ride, because I like those dueling rides that are farther away from each other, but then come back together to battle then go there own serperate ways, and they could've added alot more to this if they just planned the layout a little bit better...

So much potential? It has so much reality. B&M designed what the park had the budget and the space for, and it's still an incredible piece of engineering.

^At least that was very true in the past when they did truly duel, the combined interaction of the two rides is/was far superior to either ride as stand alones, much less whatever they do now to separate the timing between the two. (All my rides were back when they did duel)

That being said, I too rate Fire/CF a little bit higher as a single ride just for the slightly more intense overall nature and with that air-time hill being most superb.

Although Ice's/HH's Zero G roll is excellent also.