TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Chinese Fireball or Hungarian Horntail? Which is better?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Zero-G-Roll on Ice was awesome, very different then Hulk's. I liked the faster spin as to Hulk's air time in the roll

Yes, which is better is all a matter of opinion, however I prefer the air, and you said it yourself that Hulk has better air in the zero G roll.

Fire. Better group of elements, and the ending doesn't die out as bad as Ice does. Oh, and I have never failed to catch at least a small "pop" of air on fire's hill. Granted, it's never gonna get confused with a B&M hyper, but if my rear end left the seat, then that does qualify as airtime in my book.

Scott "would really rather step back and admire DD as one" B.

Is it just me or does Ice have a longer straightaway before the vertical loop?

Yes, Ice does have a longer straightaway than Fire... fire has to finish coming out of the Wraparound Immelman.

But anyways, I vote fire. In the back (Towards the end of the day) you do get a little floater air on the "Air Hill". But what wins it over for me is the overall Intensity of Fire... the Wraparound Immelman is INCREDIBLE! Especially in the back.

• 1 year later...

Hard choice... lately I've been riding Ice more and its been alot more intense than I remember, but I still think I like Fire better, but for different reasons. Its not the airtime hill that gets my vote, but the immelmans, and g-forces. First immelman is so smooth, then the next one is a different subject...

Fire gets my vote.

-Justin

Ice is my favorite. I just love the first half of the coaster from its first drop until the turn after the vertical loop. Though I have no problems riding either side since they are so close to perfection.

Erik "Double D fanboy" Johnson

DSC02185.JPG.9f2b5bf5fd07fe915702a220a300c437.JPG

DSC02201.JPG.f3ed7365cb0afd8357a0f2562398067f.JPG

Ice no doubt.

Immelmans are fun, but the 2nd fire one is too rough.

I never get any airtime on the first hill...NONE.

Also Ice has more diverse inversions

zero-g, cobra roll, loop, corkscrew - compared to 2 straight immelmans

Ice no doubt.

Immelmans are fun, but the 2nd fire one is too rough.

I never get any airtime on the first hill...NONE.

Also Ice has more diverse inversions

zero-g, cobra roll, loop, corkscrew - compared to 2 straight immelmans

Agree^

Plus Ice have the cobra roll again that wall of the castle and when you see all those foots up of you in the zero-g-roll is awesome

It is a really nicely themed ride, but neither is a great inverted coaster. The are better than the chain of Batman Inverts but they don't compare to Raptor, Montu, or Alpengeist. I am a huge fan of Universal Studio and IOA but Dueling Dragons and Hulk are easily the most overrated coasters. The theming is the only thing spectacular.

This is a really hard decision! Ice was the first out of the two I rode, and I think it was my favorite for a while.vNow that I look into it they are both neck and neck to me. Bother have unique qualities that the other doesn't.

I never ride one, without riding the other. I suck at making decisions, so I'm going to go with lukewarm water!

Has anyone else noticed how "vibrate-y" IOA's B&Ms are getting? They aren't rough, but they all just shake throughout the ride.