TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Chinese Fireball or Hungarian Horntail? Which is better?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote fire all the way.

Ice's cobra roll is way too rough.

My favorite inversion on a B&M invert is the immelmann. Fire has TWO.

I LOVE the airtime hill on Fire. Unfortunately, Fire has two wingovers (an element that I hate), but fire still wins easily.

If ice had the two immelmanns and fire had the cobra, then Ice would be better. But I HATE that cobra roll.

Ice has a rather boring zero G roll (compared to Kraken, Hulk, Kumba, and Montu). I didn't feel any "zero G" on it like I did on the others.

IMO, the Fire side of DD is the best coaster in the park.

I agree.

Slightly off topic, I wanted to mention something I just realized about the Beemers in Florida.

There are 7 B&M coasters in florida. 4 of them are blue. 2 are red. 1 is green. They all have zero G rolls, except for the red ones.

That is all.

I voted for Ice. I like it just a little over fire because, well it just seemed a bit more fun...I know some of you are going to say "Why did you choose Ice of Fire when Fire has more inversions?" Ice was just a more thrilling ride to me, simly put.

I voted for Ice. I like it just a little over fire because, well it just seemed a bit more fun...I know some of you are going to say "Why did you choose Ice of Fire when Fire has more inversions?" Ice was just a more thrilling ride to me, simly put.

They both have the same. Unless you only count a cobra roll as one.

I LOVE the airtime hill on Fire.

Sorry guys, but the airtime hill on fire is not impressive at all. Leave it to central florida folks to chalk up little to no airtime. I really felt no airtime on that hill. And I have ridden it multiple times.

^ your gight, it's probably something like .25G's.

I love the exit of the cobra roll when sitting in the back. The G's there are the best, just like entering the batwing on Montu. They both have to be around 5g's.

Fire is better overall IMO.

Hands down, Fire. Ice is good, especially the zero-g roll, but the end just kind of dies out, and it overall doesn't pack the punch that Fire does. Plus, Fire's Immelman/helix is quite possibly one of the greatest coaster elements ever.

Hands down, Fire. Ice is good, especially the zero-g roll, but the end just kind of dies out, and it overall doesn't pack the punch that Fire does. Plus, Fire's Immelman/helix is quite possibly one of the greatest coaster elements ever.

It's called a wraparound immelmann, and it's the first of it's kind.

I agree, the airtime hill isn't very airtimey, but the visual impact is great. I hope that more inverted coasters have airtime hills in the future.

I hate cobra rolls. Boo....

I love them both equally. Ice has the speed and the cobra roll (the near-collision with the wall is bad arse), Fire has the unique immelman and has a little more length to it.

I used to favor fire more mainly because of the airtime hill, but I dont really feel the airtime anymore I guess because ive ridden it so much I know to expect it..

I LOVE the airtime hill on Fire.

Sorry guys, but the airtime hill on fire is not impressive at all. Leave it to central florida folks to chalk up little to no airtime. I really felt no airtime on that hill. And I have ridden it multiple times.

I don't know what everyone is talking about, I ride in the back on Fire all the time and get 5 to 9 seconds ( depending on how fast I count ) of air EVERY time. And I'm a big guy, not a lot of room for the air, if you know what I mean , but I get it! But as far as my vote I'm torn, I like Fire from the back, but I enjoy Ice in the front, mainly because of the cobra roll foot chopper into the wall, it still gets me, I love it!

I rode it just last week and BTW since the new paint job, I'm counting it as a new credit

I use to love fire, but ice wins hands down just because Ice has the cobra roll with the wall "sweet @ night" and the zero G roll.

You cannot build a B&M inverted without a zero G roll, it's not right.

Cheers!

Aww c'mon... you can't build a FLOORLESS without a zero G roll, but Inverted Zero G rolls aren't nearly as effective in my opinion.

Aw, booo!! G-rolls on B&M Inverts are generally awesome

And yes, I totally agree with Scott and others - Fire has no airtime. Its a distinctly Florida thing to say it does.

I still like it better than Ice though

- Joe, who still thinks Dragons are kinda in the middle of the B&M Invert class anyways...