TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Best Terrain Coaster

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking the 3 big coasters at Mt. Olympus can be qualified...

*Zues: follows the natural hillside, and is shrouded in trees.

*Cyclops: Even though it's off the ground alot, it follows the terrain nicely. Also, the finale include a ditch-dive.

*Hades: The pre-lift sequence, and that figure 8 finale both follow the terrain. Also, account for the twin tunnels...

If none of those count, Im going with Rattler and Beast. Otherwise, all three Mt. Olympus woodies =D

IMHO terrain refers to something that follows the land without much support structure. Other than lift(which I think dragon Mountain actually goes right up the hill without ever leaving the ground) there should not be any need for supports. Most of the rides listed here actually have support structure over 50 feet off the ground?? I don't know, just an observation.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

What's your favorite terrain coaster? Do you prefer wood or steel terrain coasters? Which park doesn't have one but you wish it did? Which park has one that doesn't really do much for you? What's the best example of a terrain coaster you can think of?

image.jpg.ec8de7827ed0ef2c40a71b29b00376fe.jpg

Talk amongst yourselves....

What's your favorite terrain coaster? Do you prefer wood or steel terrain coasters? Which park doesn't have one but you wish it did? Which park has one that doesn't really do much for you? What's the best example of a terrain coaster you can think of?

I merged this into an existing thread.

Wood - Boulder Dash - might be a bit rough these days but still a great ride

Steel - Alpengeist - one of the less intense B&Ms, but I love how this inverted coaster uses hills and valleys to make the overall ride more thrilling.

Some steel "terrain" coasters might not follow the ground quite as closely as woodies, but I think Phantom's Revenge, Tatsu, Loch Ness Monster and The Bat all use the landscape in an interesting way.