TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman or DINOSAUR?

Which ride is better?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which ride is better?

• The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
    • DINOSAUR

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^He's probably compairing the two because they're located so closely to each other, but if you haven't ridden both than why did you vote?

Spoderman all the way, it's much more re-rideable and fun. I'm a fan of Dino, but Spidey is on its own level of awsomeness

^He's probably compairing the two because they're located so closely to each other, but if you haven't ridden both than why did you vote?

Spoderman all the way, it's much more re-rideable and fun. I'm a fan of Dino, but Spidey is on its own level of awsomeness

Has anyone seen the number on the Spiderman marquee?

You call it, and you get a surprise. It's pretty cool. My favorite hidden secret ever.

407-224-1783

I've called it before. Twice actually, just because I think it's so cool that they went through the trouble just to do that.

Nobody picks up, you just get a recording.

Spidey as I can't really see anything topping it for me. A Simply spectacular ride especially for a comic geek like me!

In saying that, I do love Dinasour as well. Totally caught be by surprise at how good it was and stood up on repeat riding as well.

I'm curious as to why you only included me, when there are other members on the site as well. Why not include Wes, who is also Jewish, or Joe, who had to pass up on the UK trip because of work as well? Could it be that you're always whining about something because it's the only way anyone will pay attention to you? Could this be yet another totally meaningless shepp post?

Huh?

I'm curious as to why you chose to flame me ad hominem, actually. And bringing Wes and Jewishness into this? Um, er, gee, I hardly know what to say. (Just for the record, I was bar mitzvahed, and playing the Kosher card in this instance seems either a puzzling, failed attempt at humor or going totally off the deep end.)

As far as whining...well, thanks for the analysis, Miss Dr. Freud. I suppose the no-glasses thread might be construed as that, though I'd say that most other posters agreed with me. And as far as this thread goes...yeah, I'd say that a poll that compares two dissimilar rides, excluding rides that are in fact similar, and tallies votes from people who say "I never rode X, so I'll vote for Y" is pretty much meaningless. What, I'm not allowed to point that out? Sure, polling's all meant in fun, though, and you may note that my criticism was not made in a vicious or personal manner.

So, boychik, to quote an old Yiddish saying, "Hit yourself in the head and pretend it's mine."

I like the Universal Parks better than Disney but I still prefer Dinosaur. I love Spiderman's 3D technology, but the EMV vehicles are awesome, the top notch animatronics don't hurt either.

I've never really been a fan of comic book themed attractions, but Spidey is definately 100% impressive.

Better than both of these though, IMO, is Indiana Jones, Temple Of The Forbidden Eye at Disneyland.

I can't wait to try Tokyo Disney Sea's Crystal Skull variation.

^ its at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Dinoland.

Anyone think its funny that Bill Nye is in two Disney World attractions? He narrates the little "history lesson" in the first inner queue of Dino and he's in Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Yeah. But then, anybody want to count the number of disney attractions that mickey mouse is in?

You know what, I think I'm ready to declare spiderman as my favorite ride ever. I even think it was better than Expedition Everest. And coming from a disney fan who has a disney web site (and 1/4 of that web site is about Expedition Everest), that is saying A LOT.

I hope Disney doesn't read that post, they mutilated Alien Encounter!

Seriously though, Dinosaur is VERY dark and has some intense moments where the EMV really gets bumpy. The Carnotaurus that jumps down at you at the end would have made me sh!t myself if I were a kid.

Spiderman is one of my favorite non-coaster rides (others being ToT and Valhalla). Having said that, there is NOTHING on the planet that compares with the awesome stupidity of Dinosaur! Seriously, this ride is so dumb it cannot help but entertain, and is easily one of the best attractions at DAK. How can a ride that lurches around in the dark, with random loud noises almost destroying your hearing, and the a dinosaur head pops out and you hear "RAAARRRRR" or some other silly sound, followed by "not our dino" NOT be entertainin?!? That's right, it cannot fail to entertain, and that's why every time I'm in Orlando, I make sure to ride this craptacular attraction at least once. I still cannot wait to take Mary on it...

dt

^ its at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Dinoland.

Anyone think its funny that Bill Nye is in two Disney World attractions? He narrates the little "history lesson" in the first inner queue of Dino and he's in Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Yeah. But then, anybody want to count the number of disney attractions that mickey mouse is in?

actually I can only think of one.

But Spidey shouldn't be compared to any ride, its in a complete different league. Yes, i am saying I vote for spidey.

In Dinosaur's defense, there's simply no better option when you want to scare the ever loving hell out of an unsuspecting first time rider. No one expects a Disney ride to be that intense.

That novelty aside, I still voted for Spider-Man.