• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faves:

-Arrow Lifts - that is still what I think when I think roller coaster

-Thunderhead's station fly-by

-All the sounds in CHAOS

-"Weak back or not, I'm gonna jump" and "Looks like you've been kissin' that mule (later steam) train" - Blazin' Fury, Dollywood

-(most missed) OUTER LIMITS: Flight Of Fear - Video is cheesy BUT all the lights go out...laser shoots out of spaceship and you hear..."We control the horizontal, we control the vertical..." - Made my hair stand on end everytime.

Not so much:

-Shuttle loop brakes in the station while the train is running the course (Viper@SFOG)

-"It's a world of laughter, a world of tears..." - shoot me now

• 10 years later...

Hola amigos from ecuador!.

as a musician, and rollercoaster fan for me, there is not worss sound of the coasters, but i mention the best sound in a rollercoaster.

the Vekoma scl lifts hils!.

all scl vekoma models has a particular sound of the motors when yo climeing.

more detailled if a musician is viewing this topic.

most SLC coasters has a sound when you climeing, the lifts hils has a completely musical sound!.

consist in a high pitch note, and a low pitch note.

most of the slc has diferent notes in the motors but in general the high pitch is a d, and a low pitch is a f Sharp, 2 octaves down.

in teh next post i put a example how this to tones sound in a piano for comparison.

Saludos from ecuador!.

Great thread! I LOVE coaster sounds and thought I was really nerdy for it. The Intamin fart, the obnoxiously loud launch of the Premier spaghetti bowls, the whoosh of Intamin accelerators launching, the B&M roar, that squeal of LSMs firing up, love all of them.

On the flip, I could do without the click clack of anti-rollbacks on a slow lift cause I'm an impatient ass**le that would rather it be a cable lift or launch.

Some sounds I think are the best on coasters is the "clunking" of the brakes on a Vekoma Boomerang coaster when the train comes back into the station, the "clanking" of the Arrow Dynamics chain lift, and the ratcheting sound created by shoulder restraints found on Arrow and Vekoma coasters. The worst sounds on a coaster is the "creaking" of some PTC trains on wooden coasters, the whirring sound of Vekoma lift hill motors, and the rattling sound found on most Vekoma SLCs' trains.

^

And since we're posting videos.

Best ^^

I also really enjoy the "psh-kerchunk" of first gen Intamin towers right as you fall.

Worst: A train slamming into a block brake after an e-stop or automatic ride stop on Morgan hypers. Steel Force in particular screeches so loud you can hear it from Hydra.

My favorite sounds at a park are Intamin Accelerators launching and the sound that S&S towers makes shortly before blasting up or down.

My least favorite sound would have to be the tires/brakes that take Wildcat (Hershey) back into the station. Would it cost that much to silence it? It sounds like a seal exhibit back there!

Best: On the Disney Vekoma coasters, when the friction wheels start spinning fast the millisecond the brake fins open at the station. It's the sound of high capacity. Also, Vekoma brakes in general sounds really nice when they open.

Worst: Wheels squeaking. It kind of ruined the soundtrack at the dark ride section of Seven Dwarf Mine Train.

The best sound,well most cool in my opinion was the sound of TTD launching. It reminds me of a mini jet taking off! Also the sound of any coaster going up the lift hill. You know the clunk clunk clunk or tick tick tick! It adds to the anticipation and excitement of climbing up the lift hill before the drop comes!

The worst sound to come from a coaster isnt so much a coaster itself but the drama queens who scream like they are being murdered while on the ride! These arnt your typical thrill ride screams that just all blend together to make typical roller coaster white noise,but those blood curdling ones that make you want to turn around and tell them to STFU! It doesnt sound like they are having fun but sounds like they are completely terrified.

The worst sound to come from a coaster isnt so much a coaster itself but the drama queens who scream like they are being murdered while on the ride! These arnt your typical thrill ride screams that just all blend together to make typical roller coaster white noise,but those blood curdling ones that make you want to turn around and tell them to STFU! It doesnt sound like they are having fun but sounds like they are completely terrified.

See I don't mind screams of real terror. What gets me is fake screams and "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die!" just to be dramatic. Get over yourself, we know it's scary.

See I don't mind screams of real terror. What gets me is fake screams and "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die!" just to be dramatic. Get over yourself, we know it's scary.

Not an issue for me... as long as said drama queens aren't sitting next to me on a ride.