TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch vs. Busch

which Busch is better  

83 members have voted

1. 1. which Busch is better

• BG europe
    • BG africa

BGE

With questions like this I think that it will ultimately come down to staffing . I just think that the staff at BGE is far superior in the amount of pride that they take in the park. This translates into all the other areas. I have had unpleasant staff interactions at BGA so that also skews my opinion. Your results may vary.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BGE easily.

Alpie is almost as good as Montu. Apollo is better than Kumba IMO (I hate OTSR's). Griffon = Sheirka (I'm guessing). Having an Arrow suspended is way better than a crappy twin woodie. Nessie is about equal to Scorpion (the best Arrow looper is on par with a standard Schwarzkopf IMO).

Plus BGE's theming is way better, and they have Pompeii and DarkKastle!

I had to vote for Africa just cuz' it's my home park and it looks like it needed some love in the polls, but yes, BGE is much better in my opinion.

BGE has all amazing rides, while at BGA we have some bad rides like Gwazi, and there's not much shade, it's a little bit of a let down if you ask me.

So BGE all the way.

I pick BGA! BGA is a zoo first and a park second. BGA knows how to take care of their animals and how to make them interact with guest. Jungala is the best example and that new area looks beautiful! Also, BGA knows how to do very good events, Such as Howl O Scream. BGA like BGE have good coaster, but I give BGA the slight lead on this. BGE is better at theme, bu BGA is getting better (Jungala, Egypt, Sheikra). BGE takes the cake at landscaping, but BGA is not far from that. I do see a lot of great options or potential for theme when I think of Africa, rather than Europe. BGE is kept better, but I think that is because it is a seasonal park, plus it is in a nicer area. BGA on the other hand has to constantly keep up looking good and they do it very well. BGA is a good park despite its surrounding area (Very Ghetto) and it is because of this that BGA gets my vote, BGA has done so well despite all the set backs (location, climate [climate can be extreme in Fl from one day to the other and has hurt plants, tarnish paint, etc])

I think if BGA themes better and can work on Landscaping more they could be better than BGE to all those that prefer BGE.

While both Busch parks are better then the majority of other chain parks, I think for first time visits BGE is a much better park. Everysinge roller coaster and ride is very different and very interesting, and very good.

BGA has some really good coasters too like montu, Sheikra, and my personal favorite Kumba., but they also have some pretty sub par rides in their collection.

But for return visits... i'd think BGE would get old since all the rides are far apart and there's a lot of walking in between. BGA would be a fun park to kick it at daily.

My first trip to Bush Gardens Williamsburg was in 2000, and I loved it. So I was pretty excited about visiting Tampa a year or two later--but it just wasn't up to snuff. Which is not to say that I dislike BGA. It's just clearly inferior to BGE, is all.

And the more I visit both parks, the more convinced I become.

My vote is for BGA. I mean how can you beat the combo powerhouse of Kumba, Montu and Sheikra? They are all top 10 amazing coasters! However Apollo's Chariot, Alpengeist and BBW were all lacking in their departments. Kumba and Montu hopped into my top 5 after just one ride while Alpie and AC didn't even make my top 10!