TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your first Car?

My first was a Vauxhall Nova, one day the police pulled me over (because of a brake light that was out) they then done me for about 7 diffrent things wrong with my car, including wheels that were to big to fit under my wheel arches, a diffrent sized spare wheel, they then called for another police car to come along, then another with some guy to check if they needed to tow it away and destroy it, they let me drive it home in the end then baned me from driving it till i got everything repaired, i gave it away for free in the end

Heres a picture for those who dont know what a navo looks like, this isent mine, this one is far newer than mine, mine had scraps all over it, a coat hanger (in the shape of a love heart) for an areal and things growing on the outside of it

nova.JPG.8c3e65897c4e7c254a0b97601e7e26a9.JPG

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That nova car is called "Opel Corsa" in Germany. My mom had one in 1985. I liked it at that time, but now she have the new modell. The "Opel Corsa D".

I've seen a german corsa like my nova in England with its opel and corse badges, we have that corsa of yours here in England and now call it a corsa aswell.

A friend went to look at an 'exclusive' version of the a corsa here, they told him it would be unique as they were only making 300 cars with all the sporty and luxuary upgrades it has and and that they dident have many left to sell, thinking that it was a deal of a life time he paid alot of money for it.

After he had it about a week he found they were selling more of his car and for cheaper!! he angryly phoned them up and got told that they removed the 'exclusive' badge from the side of the car and can sell it as its not the same as his, he got ripped off big time!

I've had a laundry list of cars, mainly because I always put hundreds of thousands of miles on them, so here goes (photos are not my actual cars...)

My first car (A hand-me-down)1984 Toyota Corolla Hatchback

1989 Toyota Corolla Coupe

1995 BMW 325i

1998 Toyota Tacoma

1999 Toyota Corolla

1999 Toyota Sienna

2001 Toyota Echo

2004 Toyota Corolla (Elissa's car)

2005 Toyota Corolla

--Robb "So yeah....a new Toyota every couple of years..." Alvey

^ The BMW was my "Hollywood Producer" car when I was working at MGM. I grew out of that phase REAL quick, thankfully!

--Robb "I quickly realized how STUPID all these *L.A.* people looked and it wasn't until two years later that I was able to get rid of it!" Alvey

My first car was a 1977 MGB Convertible. It was rebuilt and in pretty good condition. I learned how to drive on this car with NO AC (in s. florida), a non-working convertible top, stick shift, no power anything. Needless to say - I can drive *anything* now! I then got a geo metro (ugh) and then shared a Dodge Neon with my g/f for a number of years until I got my Honda Civic EX in 2001 which I still have and love!

A friend went to look at an 'exclusive' version of the a corsa here, they told him it would be unique as they were only making 300 cars with all the sporty and luxuary upgrades it has and and that they dident have many left to sell, thinking that it was a deal of a life time he paid alot of money for it.

After he had it about a week he found they were selling more of his car and for cheaper!! he angryly phoned them up and got told that they removed the 'exclusive' badge from the side of the car and can sell it as its not the same as his, he got ripped off big time!

They removed the 'exclusive' badge from the side of the other cars, and told him it is not the same as his? That sounds so wired. :? Is it legal?

--Soeren

My first car was a hand-me-down from my mom. It was a blue/green Saturn. I thought I was "the sh*t" because my car had a sunroof, leather interior, and a phone - but in the end, I was still driving around in a Saturn, lol.

Now I drive a 1998 red Civic EX (which I bought in 2001)

I want a dark grey Mini Cooper convertible!

My first car was a 1975 Olds Cutlass Salon that I got used in August 1978.

Next, I bought a brand new 1983 Toyota Supra in March 1983 which I drove till February 2002 when I bought my 2002 Honda CR-V. The CR-V is great. I'd post a picture, but y'all know what they look like.

Eric

• 8 years later...

Mine was a white 2000 Pontiac Sunfire. I wasn't lucky enough to get a car at Graduation like several of my other family members so in 2006 when I got my raise at my job with Midwest Airlines, I was finally able to go and put a down payment on my first car.

Unfortunately a year later I lost my job and it was reposessed. Now I have that ish on my credit BUT 2014 makes the 7th year so hopefully it will go away soon.