TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I got an itch to play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 again, so I started a new park (I'll probably finish up my Disney park after this one). The park is set like the one in 'Jurassic Park' but in this, the dinosaurs have not escaped and the owners are able to expand it to include roller coasters and other rides (as mentioned would happen in the movie.)

An exciting new zoo/theme park is currently in the works on the island of Isla Nublar, 120 miles off the coast of Costa Rica. But this zoo features a special sort of animals, ones that have lived millions of years ago. Dinosaurs! Living! Breathing!

Using state-of-the-art technology we will be able to put these creatures on display in enviroments that match the ones they lived in, in days past. This makes for an educational and breathtaking experience for the entire family!

Also included will be several roller coasters and thrill rides, a hotel and waterpark!

Here is the first teaser pic, a full update will come soon!

jurassic.jpg.85c4d0d6f2eeffdba9c0df4ab08b02f3.jpg

The main center, modeled after the one in the movie.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Jurassic Park is my #1 movie, so this better be damn good. Just kidding around . Really though, it looks great. Maybe work on some of the foliage in front of the building though. A few less palm trees and some more tropical bushes would be great.

Thank you guys! I hope this update doesn't dissapoint too much.

Construction is taking off smoothly, several buildings are complete and 2 species of dinosaurs have already arrived.

13.jpg.eba8bd77276e97fda5d44fb22ff6eeb4.jpg

The entire island.

12.jpg.e8751809ac52204f00f5fa9bd126bdbd.jpg

The, currently under construction, Cretaceous Inn.

11.jpg.45311c21a43e7654a1b8d7117d99468e.jpg

Overview

10.jpg.61d96ecfbc8de4e8cba3f4aec125cc13.jpg

"Quiet! All of you! They're heading for the Tyrannosaur pen."

9.jpg.caa393aa0360a208e140d8427c769c13.jpg

Tunnel!

8.jpg.6efb866b7c5108046772cb7e0d087436.jpg

First, we see a paddock of Dilophosaurus.

7.jpg.c7920be124facc67949af53b1b8bf586.jpg

"Welcome...to Jurassic Park!"

6.jpg.7f61cb4f3670ce6ee8e17b36a2deff94.jpg

Another look. The ride was moved from being in front to of the visitor's center to its own station to have a defined queue.

5.jpg.621a2943411881f459511ee3f135baef.jpg

Safari Adventure...the signature car attraction of Jurassic Park.

4.jpg.3519431ff4bc2804655e8bd0c2aeba8f.jpg

The visitor's center's dining area.

3.jpg.9731604fd6ce51f73d5207efb10261b4.jpg

The visitor's center and an off-limits electrical room (which is really where peeps come onto the island from the "port")

2.jpg.aa59c7063eee163ef24b843aa140f4e8.jpg

The helipad, a place to park your helicopters (the waterfall/helipad is also a landmark in the movie.)

1.jpg.0dac37191b0d531cd8fc8dcab209cf1a.jpg

The port, this is where boats headed to the island dock.

It looks good, but I would have taken it in a different direction. Please, don't change what you're doing because of me, but here's what I think. This should have been 50x50. You should have started with the visitor's center in the first screen and built from there. Some jungle paths, random paddock areas, electric fences made from coaster track, and to top it off, a kick ass coaster that takes up a lot of space. Almost make like a design out of it you know.

Now, I'm not saying this because I don't like what you've done, because I do like it. However, I do know that there's not enough Jurassic Park stuff to fill up a map this large without getting bored. But, I'd love to see you prove me wrong. Keep at it. This deffinitely has caught my attention.

This park is looking really good so far. I like the use of the 1/4 sized block pieces on the buildings. I've just downloaded them recently myself and they are very useful.

I think also the size of the park could be just about right considering there is a hotel being built. That's supposing it will be a kind of Jurassic Park resort. Cool idea though.

Well, there are parts of this park I like a lot (Like the hotel) and parts that just don't look very good.

For one, the jeep track looks off when it goes over the water. I would maybe suggest making a bridge that goes along with it to make it look better. Also, the waterfall looks kind of weird. It just doesn't really look right to me. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be man-made or if it is supposed to be natural. I would suggest (Like what was said before, don't change this just for me) to make it a little more narrow, and make a river that actually feeds it and then make a river that going away from it, continuing on it's path.

But this park looks like it can turn out very good, and I will defidently watch for updates on this.