TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Poor birdie

Had a funny note from a friend on the trip. One of the coasters hit a bird. My friend was in the third row and he said feathers flew up in front of his face.

Don't know which ride it was on, but I think it was at Thorpe Park.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a time when I was walking into the Incredible Hulk building that a dead bird fell out of the sky right behind me. The coaster train struck the bird and killed it instantly. The two girls that were walking behind me seemed not to enjoy that experience too much.

^ I heard that a bird hit the back of S:TE and pushed it over the tower, then it set off a set of nuclear missles that launched randomly at the park instlant vaporizing all of the park guests. Plus we cant all forget the fabio incident. by the way....jk about S:TE if you didnt alredy know that they have a lock box over the switch that sets off the nuclear missles.

It seems to happen quite a bit. When I was at Geauga Lake in 2004, I was waiting for the front of Steel Venom and all of a sudden something went skipping across the platform. A bird had hit the seat I was about to get in Luckily the only person on the ride was sitting in the seat right beside it and managed to not get hit in the face.

A couple days later at Cedar Point Millenium Force's train ran over a hawk. Unfortunately the hawk's wing got stuck underneath the wheels and the poor thing was still alive and terrified. They spent half an hour getting the hawk out. I'm not sure what happened to it, but its wing was definately not in good condition

I had to do it, way to tempting

don't know what it is, but everytime I see this picture, I lose it!!!

I guess its the fact that I can't stand Fabio,, and well the bird in the face thing

was pretty appropriate for him!!

I think the blond in the pic is saying--"Don't worry, nobody will notice"

I love how the girl on the right of him looks as if nothing's wrong, she's just smiling away.

The girl on the right is my friend Stephanie! She has videos from that day, and kept telling Fabio "It's all right." The whole thing happened so fast no one knew what really transpired. She used to tell me that the girl behind her had part of the goose's liver on her costume.

Nice!

I remember on my first trip to Cedar Point, there was a crane sitting on one of the footers for Mantis. It was just after the first helixy type thing after the dive loop. The track comes close to the footer at that point, and it definitely looked like the bird was going to get hit. Every time the train came, the bird would duck, missing the train. People were cheering for that bird until it flew away.

3 BGE bird incidents (lol)

Nessie: Peacock got a new makeover when we were 'green-tagging' the ride before morning operations (around 1990). Another one we had a bird crap on the photo-eyes (out-dated sensors..lol) and the ride set-up.

BBW- a bird around the lake area hit the 2nd axle and feathers covered the wheels/axle and the coach. A funny noise kept occuring around the axle and apparently some of the feathers got stuck in the wheel material and we had to remove it...ugh!

DF-early morning (about 5am) we had a peacock get run over as the train exited the station (the peacock was sitting just along the track near the lift-speed sensor) and kaplat! she was gone.

^ I heard that a bird hit the back of S:TE and pushed it over the tower, then it set off a set of nuclear missles that launched randomly at the park instlant vaporizing all of the park guests. Plus we cant all forget the fabio incident. by the way....jk about S:TE if you didnt alredy know that they have a lock box over the switch that sets off the nuclear missles.

What movie is this from, what park?

This has been around the internet, but...

A mid-teen girl was riding on Millenium Force, at the bottom of the drop, a bird hit her in the face! She suffered bleeding in the face and a broken nose.

Let me guess she found a way to sue the park...

Had a funny note from a friend on the trip. One of the coasters hit a bird. My friend was in the third row and he said feathers flew up in front of his face.

Don't know which ride it was on, but I think it was at Thorpe Park.

Stealth at Thorpe is notorious for killing pidgeons, on opening day there were pidgeon bits everywhere. It seems they just don't expect trains to be hurtling around everywhere, I don't think it's really happened much on Colossus or Inferno though, odd. :S