TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Revenge of the Mummy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orlando.. though I havent been on the Cali version, I hear they have lame ride ops.

I don't really remember if they were loading and unloading quickly because the line was over an hour anyways, but I do remember they had a few guys hiding in the queue who would jump out and scare people. It was funny I thought.

IMHO, they both feel like half a ride. It seems that they took a bunch of great Ideas and split them up between two seperate rides. USH has the better dark ride section, while USO has the better ride portion. If you have the means, I reccommend riding both at one time or another. They are very different... ...aside from the name.

Florida's is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better.

I have been on both and I think the Florida one is better personally, the two rides are very different and are not clones. The Hollywood one seems to have a longer rollercoaster section, which goes through a dark section forwards then backwards, and the Orlando has a lot more theming and effects. Both are good rides and worth checking even if they are not mind blowing purely as rollercoasters.

I was really surprised by how just different the two rides are. While I think that the Florida version is the superior all around ride, we had ridden it so much that when we finally rode the USH version, we really dug it. Just because it was so different. Especially the opening dark ride segment with all the mummies coming to life. Good stuff.

^^ OK Guy you are now banned from coming back to Florida. jk! I have only ridden the Florida one and I think its really great. I feel it has a perfect balance between a dark ride and a roller coaster.

Oh come now!

I didn't say the Florida one sucked or anything. Far from it. I made a general statement about them both. If you took all the best elements from each ride and combined them you would have one awesome ride. It just seemed to me like they took all these great ideas for a ride then took 5 great elements from one and made the USF one. Then took the remaining 5 elements and put them into the USH ride. Both have their awesome elements. But at the same time they both seem to feel short handed a little. Just a little incomplete. I will however say that the Florida version seems just a little less incomplete. Meaning I like it a bit more. Mostly the fake ending.

As far as themed attractions go, they both are well themed and quite exciting. It's a very close race as to which one takes the cake.

I've been on the FL version, but I heard that the CA one has a longer backwards section, anything can beat the backwards section in FL, since it's a small drop..tell me if the one in CA is a better backward ride

I've been on the FL version, but I heard that the CA one has a longer backwards section, anything can beat the backwards section in FL, since it's a small drop..tell me if the one in CA is a better backward ride

^^ OK Guy you are now banned from coming back to Florida. jk! I have only ridden the Florida one and I think its really great. I feel it has a perfect balance between a dark ride and a roller coaster.

Oh come now!

I didn't say the Florida one sucked or anything. Far from it. I made a general statement about them both. If you took all the best elements from each ride and combined them you would have one awesome ride. It just seemed to me like they took all these great ideas for a ride then took 5 great elements from one and made the USF one. Then took the remaining 5 elements and put them into the USH ride. Both have their awesome elements. But at the same time they both seem to feel short handed a little. Just a little incomplete. I will however say that the Florida version seems just a little less incomplete. Meaning I like it a bit more. Mostly the fake ending.

As far as themed attractions go, they both are well themed and quite exciting. It's a very close race as to which one takes the cake.

Yeah the fire is suweet.

I read in other posts that 'many' people were disappointed in the ride(s), especially the endings. Are they both that bad as a ride (in general)? The videos I have seen have some incredible scenery. The storyline appears somewhat dull, but one of the rides (FL?) appeared to use real propane-fire (similar to effects on Pompei @ BGE) and the CA one used light-effects for the fire.

Is the ride not intense?

Would the ride be better with an improved ending?

*Edit-perhaps they may do upgrades on both when the Mummy 3 (or 4 if you count Scorpion King) is released.

my uncle went on the Florida one and cried like a baby, his eight year old son was fine

THE FAKE EXIT IS SO HOT AT THE END OF THE DAY

I went on it at night and this one guy started throwing up from how hot it was in the fake exit. He was really chunking it in there...

I read in other posts that 'many' people were disappointed in the ride(s), especially the endings. Are they both that bad as a ride (in general)? The videos I have seen have some incredible scenery. The storyline appears somewhat dull, but one of the rides (FL?) appeared to use real propane-fire (similar to effects on Pompei @ BGE) and the CA one used light-effects for the fire.

Is the ride not intense?

Would the ride be better with an improved ending?

*Edit-perhaps they may do upgrades on both when the Mummy 3 (or 4 if you count Scorpion King) is released.

No, they're not bad at all, at least not the FL one, it has insane airtime and overbanked curves, and the dark ride part is better than any disney stuff(my opinion), some people may see it differenly though, because sometimes there is a projection head on the dark ride part, and sometimes there is an animatronic, the animatronic is great, and the projection is kinda sorry, at least i was lucky enough to see the animatronic (1 out of 3 rides on Mummy)

The florida one has real propane fire, i guess CA has a law on fire rides,, and i dont think the florida one needs an improved ending

^The dark ride portion of the USH version far surpasses the Florida version. The coaster portion is much better on the USF version. Also the fake ending is awesome. USH has a better backward section.

Both rides are very smooth and have great overbanked turns as well as some sweet airtime hills.

I will say it again. If you put both of these rides together. You would have one AWESOME ride. Seperate, you have two very good rides that seem to be lacking what the one across the country has.

My sugestion is to ride them both, close your eyes, and put them together in your mind.

Their AWESOME!

I've only been on USF's and I loved it. Alot better than I thought it would be. I think it was well done, nice banking and hills. I wish you could have done the whole coaster portion backwards but that would probably lower the capacity.

Just curious, is the dark ride portion of USH's longer or better effects?