TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Zonga or Thriller (as called in Europe)

Why was this great ride removed from it's current location.

Where is it now..?

Anyone got a POV of this coaster..?

It's amazing this ride was "Portable" and traveled round "Germany".

Does this coaster produce 5 or 6g going through the 2nd loop.?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this coaster was going back to Germany to travel around the fairs.

Another former german travelling coaster is currently being constructed in mexico. This was the "Tripple Loop" or "Magnum Force" (Flamingoland).

I hope Zonga in going back home to Germany.

1st "Thunderlooper" left Alton Towers and arrived at a park in South America, now "Magnum Force" has gone to Mexico, both are amazing Schwarzkopf coasters.

I went on "Turbine" 2 weeks ago at Walibi Belgium and it was as powerful launch as ever.

I hope "Thriller" can stay in Europe for a bit longer.

Just imagine a Park which had these 4 great coasters + Eurostar and Mindbender, the Q's would be everlasting.

• 1 month later...

Just a Zonga update from last Sunday for anyone wondering:

Not looking good, I imagine if it had been sold, it'd be shipping off somewhere rather than sitting in SFMW's Schwarzkopf graveyard taking up parking space along with what's left of Tidal Wave. I imagine they're having a hard time finding anyone interested in inheriting all the reliabilty headaches and high maintenance cost for such a lackluster ride.

That was one closed ride I was actually really bummed about missing. Despite it's lousy position in the park and terrible reputation, it still managed to look magnificent and make me wish for a ride.

Hopefully something will be done with it. It's a portable coaster designed to travel, so it probably wont take too much planning to throw it on a truck and take elsewhere. I foresee it going to some obscure foreign park to rot out of reach of most enthusiasts =(

get rid of those OTSR, and half the problems of the ride goes away. Having a company redo all the mechanics of the rides gets rid of the rest, leaving only minor new problems to be dealt with.

^ Yep, the mods were done to reduce the g's, but created new clearance issues, so it now can never be run without those restrictive harnesses.

I just can't see anyone willing to dump the millions just to buy it, then millions more it would take to restore it back to the way it was, as well as replace all the mechanics to have it run reliably. The ride was unmarketable at SFMW (world's only 4 loop full tilt super coaster???), any other park would be better off buying a brand new reliable enjoyable marketable coaster rather than spending the millions on the hack job SF made of Thriller/Zonga.