TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR:SFMW 6-17-06

Yesterday, I got home from SFMW, and I had a really fun day after being there the first time in a little over a year. PGA's coasters are very forcefull compared to SFMW's. I like them in a different way when they aren't forcefull. The non forcefull coasters don't give me my "Coaster headache" and can be fun in a different way. Anyway, on with the trip!

So we first rode Roar. That ride is so awesome now. It is pretty smooth and still intense. It has some awesome turns and drops.

Then since V2 is right next to Roar we rode that. Pretty fun, the launch is different than a lot of launches I have been on, because it accelerates really fast the first half a second, then slowly gets up to speed after that. I really like that type of launch!

So then, the lines were all really short (Almost walk-on) so we went over to Kong, an SLC. We saw the line and it was a bit long. But we waited anyway, and it was only running ONE train. The ride-ops were very slow operating it. So, we waited...and waited...and then, it broke after we waited about 10 minutes. Great. So we kept waiting and waiting... and then, it broke again! Gosh!! So we had to wait for the ride ops to stop with their conversations and fix the problems. So we were far up in the line, and everyone wanted to go on it, so I stayed in line with them. To our luck...guess what happened? IT BROKE AGAIN! So we finally got on after maybe 45 minutes. The ride was okay, it was rough it has a good layout IMO. I knew it would be rough, but the people who I was with didn't know the difference between a Vekoma and a B&M.

So we did a few stuff, went on a few rides, rode Medusa. Yeah, that coaster is awesome. It isn't very forcefull compared to other coasters I have been on, but it still is pretty fun.

We ate lunch at Subway It was pretty good, but no where near as good as a regular subway. They didn't have as much stuff to put on the sandwich and there was no Cold Cut Combo! :'( They dind't put much vegitibles on mine, and not enough salt and pepper, and oil and vinegar.

I was with Mari and her brother while everyone else was on Monkey Buiesness! I didn't go on those so I wouldn't ruin my appetite for food. And it was very hot out, so that kind of made me feel a little sick due to dehydration. (I'll tell awfull the no water story later) We were walking to Boomerang and passed by Voodoo. Mari's brother somehow got me to go on it. (Top Spin ride) After being hung upside down and flipped a lot while I has a bit dehydrated, really made me hate I that I was on it! So it stopped and I said "Good thing that's over". Then, the ride op said "who wants to go again!?" All the little kids yelled and what happened? Well, he started the ride AGAIN!!! I was like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

So we rode some of the coasters again, bumper cars butterfly room, etc...

It was a pretty cool day! I haven't said every thing, I'll let the pictures do the rest.

And oh yeah, the no water story!!! Well, there was a water machine. I put my $10 bill in for some water. It was the beginning of the day and I had nothing else. So I pressed a water button...all water was sold out. They had mineral water though, so I thought that was just as good. So I got one of those, and it was not water, it was soda in disguise! I thought "Man, I could have got a Coke instead of this!" So I pressed the change button to get my $7 out. Nothing came, so I pressed it again...STUPID MACHINE!!!....So nothing happened. I was so mad!! There was relly nothing I could do about it. I thought it was worth $7 to not deal with SF about it. They will never give you your money, they will sit there and ask you why you are waisting their time. They don't care about anything. I was VERY mad!

So anyway, here are the pictures...if you made it all the way through!

Entrance time to the park!

%5Bhttp%3A//i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/phazan/SFMW%206-18-06/100_1304.jpg

Poor Zonga, all gone!

Medusa!

Mari's brother said to me (He kind of thinks he knows a lot about everything) "Brandon, that used to be a boat ride, but the took it out" I said "NO, it WASN'T, it was a 4 looped coaster" I was trying not to sound like a jerk!

Man, I love the first drop on Roar.

Medusa!! Again!!

Here is V2. An awesome coaster.

We are in the park now!

Here is the group.

Hey, there palm tree! Hows it going?

Check these awesome penguins!

Check out these awesome dolphins! James says they are a type of insect...Hmmm...maybe?

V square's spike!

Roar's line isn't that bad.

Here is V to the second power's line.

Kong!

Time for Medusa!!

up, up, up

After Medusa is Kong.

After it ripped off my $7, nick said he saw them put this sign on when I was on Kong.

James says "Why do I have to go on Hammerhead?" he then puts his head down and gets depressed.

Weeeeee!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Boomerang time!

Here is the evil shark that bites the end of the train. Theming?

Yeah, I timed this just right!

This ride is a joke! It once was dinosaur themed and now themed as Stargate:THE RIDE!! This theming looks almost a little too high tech for Stargate!

The Stargate ultra futuristic space ship!!

Okay, enough with that dumb ride! Time for the good rides again!!

Roar!

So there was this girl that had her camera out and the ride ops didn't say anything about it. I thought "Wow these people are cool!" So I bought out my camera to take a POV, then the lady said "Ummmm, you can't bring that on the ride". So I gave it to her, and asked her to keep it safe for me!

Time to see the penguins again!!

Hey there!

What's up?

yeah...

Medusa!!!!!

Medusa's helix!!!

Medusa!!!

Ahhh! Snake! Snake!! oh, it's a snake!!

Right after I took this, I came across a man peeing in line... what a moron.

See for, a nice day weekend in June the day wasn't crowded at all!

V2.

The Thrilla Gorrila got Sal Menilla!

Time for the butterfly room. I got my camera a little too close to the butterfly's so a few of them are blurry.

Fancy!!

Exotic!!

CAVE!!!

It's like I'm in the jungle.

Yeah.

Yep.

Oooo. Ahhhh.

This "parade" made me laugh so hard!!!

LOL!!!!

Ahh man, time to leave. They didn't want to stay till 9 to ride coasters in the dark.

And I didn't get to get the nice sunset pictures of the coasters.

See ya later Medusa.

See ya later Zonga...wait..where are you?

Time for Mari's house to watch a movie and hang out. They have a HUGE dog!!

Big dog!!

BIG DOG!!

I am glad he is eating his food and not eating me.

Well, that's my trip report! Thanks for reading!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice TR, I love how empty SFMW is during the summer. I personally like how they make Voo Doo go multiple times when there's no line haha, but that's my twisted mind for ya. I think Kong is a good ride, but they really should have 2 train operation. Is Roar smoother this season? I haven't been there since October...and I'm glad to see Zonga is all gone!

Nice pic's and you seemed to enjoy your day at the Park.

You are very lucky being able to ride "Roar" as it's layout is lovely with it's twisting lines and drops. This is how a "woodie" should be.

Those Penguins are love-able, did you take a couple home..

Is Roar smoother this season?

Yes Roar is a lot smoother! It's probably the smoothest wooden coaster I have been on now! It makes it sooo much EDIT:MORE FUN

Thanks for the coments!

Roar was completely retracked over the winter time. Right after it derailed at the end of last year. Which no one knows about.

Any who... Great TR! Enjoyed the photos!

^Funner isn't a word. (sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine)

Glad you had fun!

You are going to be a grumpy miser when you grow up! Like Robb is now!! hehehe!!!

Looks like a fun time at the park Brandon!! Heck if I was there I would of stayed with you till the park closed!!! I think night rides are funner anyways!!!!

Roar was completely retracked over the winter time. Right after it derailed at the end of last year. Which no one knows about.

Wow wow what? I'd love to hear more unless you can't tell.

Yeah... it derailed the second to last week. PR kept it a big hush hush. No one was killed, just a few bumps and bruises. And over the winter GCI came in retracked the whole coaster. Only about 3 weeks ago did they put the train that derailed back on the track. You can actually see the sections of the train they welded the cracks back together. I try to take a picture when I visit again. The park is only like 10 miles from the brewery.

Well I might actually go again Wednesday, my cousin goes every year, and he's inviting me if his mom says it's okay. So if I do, i'll look for it. But yeah, I never knew it derailed. I love that coaster so much!

I DON"T GET IT. after seeing your pictures of V2 am soooooooooooooooooooo confused. i thought that V2 had 2 vertical spikes, one that is straight vertical, the other vertical but has a twisting corkscrew. Then I see another pictures that show somewhat of a elevated corkscrew element. can someone clear this up for me???

000000000.thumb.jpg.18263f5c670a390833724d241c678d7e.jpg

0000000.jpg.e534db838c787eb377a30adbc4f6a88d.jpg

vertical corkscrew spike

000000.thumb.jpg.fb4fe82f5df4ed575a7f53657abd5b18.jpg

vertical spike

000000000000.jpg.a060756d020705f78a7115229fde2f5f.jpg

as you can see one spike totally vertical, another just elevated slighty with the corkscrew element all pics from www.rcdb.com