TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photography

Invertalon- I know you posted awhile ago, but any chance you could email me or pm me a couple of those pictures? You don't have to, but I dig on the millie ttd one and also dragster at night. Thanks bud! Those are fantastic pictures!

Sure, no problem. If you can, contact me via AIM if possible. If not, I will try to remember to email them later on today.

Glad you enjoyed the photos. If you have any other type of photos you are looking for, I do most of my photography at CP every weekend so I probably have anything you may be looking for.

Just let me know,

Steve

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an SLR a few months ago and have been playing with it a bit. My New Year's resolution was to take one photo a day with it. So far, so good.

That's a nice picture.. A thing I learned from shooting something that has a lot white, (like in that picture) it's always good to overexpose it a lot. The camera's meter see's all that white and thinks the scene is really bright so it underexposes the picture, and it will give you a correct exposure reading and you will end up with a dark depressing snow scene instead of a bright, happy snow scene. I forgot how much compensation you need, but I would try one stop and higher and see what looks good from there. For sunsets/sunrises, if you want a really detailed sky, undercompensate. I learned all this stuff from a book

I bought an SLR a few months ago and have been playing with it a bit. My New Year's resolution was to take one photo a day with it. So far, so good.

That's a nice picture.. A thing I learned from shooting something that has a lot white, (like in that picture) it's always good to overexpose it a lot. The camera's meter see's all that white and thinks the scene is really bright so it underexposes the picture, and it will give you a correct exposure reading and you will end up with a dark depressing snow scene instead of a bright, happy snow scene. I forgot how much compensation you need, but I would try one stop and higher and see what looks good from there. For sunsets/sunrises, if you want a really detailed sky, undercompensate. I learned all this stuff from a book

Yeah, I'm learning it all from trial and error. A couple of weeks ago, I was shooting snow, and you're right. My camera wanted it underexposed, so I had to adjust the stops until I got it right. It thought the exposed picture was metered right, but it wasn't because the snow was so bright.

I'm really enjoying my camera. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Some of mine from CP... Sorry for the JPEG compression... The quality is incredible full size!

Hey those pictures are pretty awesome. What kind of lens/camera do you have? They look really sharp and crisp

Thanks!

At that time, I was using a Canon Rebel T1i... That camera is gone now though. Was great camera, but I upgraded. Most of those shots were with my 70-200mm f/4L IS lens, and with my (old) 17-85mm lens.

Right now, I use a Canon 7D, along with the 24-105mm f/4L IS, 70-200mm f/4L IS, 50mm f/1.8 II, Tokina 12-24mm f/4 DX, and Tamron 1.4x Pro teleconverter.

If you want to check out some other photos of mine, check out www.flickr.com/invertalon

Appreciate the comments! Ill look to post up some more CP ones here.

Some of mine from CP... Sorry for the JPEG compression... The quality is incredible full size!

Hey those pictures are pretty awesome. What kind of lens/camera do you have? They look really sharp and crisp

Thanks!

At that time, I was using a Canon Rebel T1i... That camera is gone now though. Was great camera, but I upgraded. Most of those shots were with my 70-200mm f/4L IS lens, and with my (old) 17-85mm lens.

Right now, I use a Canon 7D, along with the 24-105mm f/4L IS, 70-200mm f/4L IS, 50mm f/1.8 II, Tokina 12-24mm f/4 DX, and Tamron 1.4x Pro teleconverter.

If you want to check out some other photos of mine, check out http://www.flickr.com/invertalon

Appreciate the comments! Ill look to post up some more CP ones here.

That's cool. I added you as a contact btw, on flickr. I almost bought the 70-200 f/4L but I ended up buying an xbox instead

I have a 40D with the 50mm 1.8, and the 17-85mm also.

Brandon

All my better pictures are the older ones. I don't know why, but I think I've slowly got worse at photography haha

Here are four more shots... Again, sorry for the resize quality... Not much I could do!

These were from my T1i and 70-200 and 17-85 lenses... The halloweekends one was from my 50mm.

Can't wait to use the 7D this year at CP!

1.jpg.9b58bbff18aa2c1c7ceacb260c3b5bda.jpg

Raptor at sunset

4.thumb.jpg.9e06d7c22510a2e8d8a250daaacc0b78.jpg

Maxair

5.jpg.dcd7e6a3589c267af482ed3e2ddf385b.jpg

At halloweekends

3.jpg.54f2d96738d33eb2649db217bd165894.jpg

Mantis, MF, Iron Dragon, Dragsterish foursome.

Edited by Invertalon

That's cool. I added you as a contact btw, on flickr. I almost bought the 70-200 f/4L but I ended up buying an xbox instead

I have a 40D with the 50mm 1.8, and the 17-85mm also.

Brandon

All my better pictures are the older ones. I don't know why, but I think I've slowly got worse at photography haha

You got some killer photos though.. Not bad at ALL!

Love the snake shot, myself!

• 2 months later...

I used a really bad scanner to scan them in with so ignore the quality and dust.

I am thinking about reprinting it and taking the edge of the bench out on the right and changing the contrast a little, might do split filtering just to see how it looks.

Need to burn in the sky a little

Might make a little darker

Might lighten the dark part of the wall on the left a little

Might burn the lighter areas in a bit and do split filtering

Might burn the sky in some

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is the perfect topic! I have non coaster shots to share. I went to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens today. It was a gorgeous day out. Not many flowers out there, but there were plenty of bees on the ones that were there. There were also some roses left. Not that these pics are of roses, but I figured I'd mention that. lol. I used my Nikon D90, and my Sigma 105mm prime lens.

My pics that are up on Flickr are here: lenaapple1974

332962413_DSC_7669800x600.jpg.03da277ccb6ced6e730802b517403bb6.jpg

715296956_DSC_7675800x600.jpg.1e0a5633fa8f7f754177b46e19402bba.jpg

I recently got into photography after being inspired by some stuff I found on deviantART and Flickr!

Nothing really fancy...

Here's my deviantART for those that are curious... and as a little plug.

I'll take the photos, upload my personal faves, and then edit them in Picnik. I don't have too many photos yet, and my camera isn't the best camera in the world, so I have trouble taking some shots.

Overall photography is really fun!

45402_154746897875371_132385723444822_490288_3280637_n.jpg.e10e572859d2486d058a41a3dd1d0e96.jpg

Sunlight streaming through a cloud.

7119088.jpg.d91923b6d9de30e5df4fb387339e4c83.jpg

Times Square.. probably the best part of New York City

7119097.jpg.d5d32acd7f2848ba3ba5b3fdad954c6e.jpg

Nassau Tower

7453534.jpg.be499e9dec33c6d416c7461ec14d12cb.jpg

Bridge in Charleston South Carolina... Taken on cruise over the summer.