TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photography

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I don't know, out on a track is okay by me. The jacka$$es who think they can simulate this stuff in everyday traffic....that's another story.

Heck of a shot though! What were your settings?

Even on the track its almost suicidal. But the ones who decide they can do this on the E-Way...I want to do a quick jab turn and see how stable their bike is when they try to turn quickly at 70...then watch them endo the bike.

I believe I was shooting most of my shots at 1/125th. I had a few at 1/80th of a second but for whatever reason its harder to get a bike at 1/80th than a car. Must be smaller vibrations and movement in their body they caused most of my slower shots to be a lot worse than they would be with cars.

But ISO was 100-200 all day, tried to shoot at around 125 to minimize any ghosting while panning and still retain that "motion" shot.

The orange bike is more photogenic. I wasted something like 40 shots trying to get the perfect one of him. I got a few that turned out but the angle on this RedBull rider is perfect. Im feeling good about the rest of the images now.

So, kinda fun. This photo below which I posted on the last page, I posted to Canon's Facebook page just to show it off, I thought it was a pretty stellar shot myself.

Well, Canon on Friday posted it on their main wall for all to see as the "Fan Photo of the Week". I was at the Mid Ohio American LeMans race Fri-Sun and I was super stoked the whole weekend because of it.

Just a little bit of bragging. Its really cool when you get noticed on a decently sized stage.

178574_691502198891_1532934289_o.thumb.jpg.4332c29588613772a87543c709426e64.jpg

Congrats Real! Always awesome to get recognition for something you are passionate about and enjoy doing!

I had a similar thing happen recently as well, although a little different. I got approached by a company that wanted me to photograph their facility, product and people for a 75th anniversary writeup in a magazine two weeks ago. My images will include the front cover along with many of the articles images. I have done some industrial stuff before, but never for a paid client like this. Was pretty exciting!

Congrats Real! Always awesome to get recognition for something you are passionate about and enjoy doing!

I had a similar thing happen recently as well, although a little different. I got approached by a company that wanted me to photograph their facility, product and people for a 75th anniversary writeup in a magazine two weeks ago. My images will include the front cover along with many of the articles images. I have done some industrial stuff before, but never for a paid client like this. Was pretty exciting!

HUGE +1

Nice, great panning shots! ^

I just got my loaner 8-15L from CPS today... Going to be taking it down to Orlando this weekend. Plan to do most of my shooting with it for a different perspective. Should be quite fun/challenging to use. Leaving the telephoto at home, taking only my wide stuff... My samyang 14mm, 8-15L fish, 24-105L and my 40mm pancake...

Crazy how much wider a 14-15mm fisheye is versus a 14mm rectilinear lens... I thought 14mm was insanely wide on full-frame until I mounted this little guy. I probably will not use the 8-13mm range too much, unless the shot really can utilize the "look" of it. But 14-15mm should be a blast to use.

6M3C7382.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C7376.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C7488.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

• 4 weeks later...

A few shots from the Cleveland Aquarium! More can be seen by clicking on any image and going to the set!

6M3C9199.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9007.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9025.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9032.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9157.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9049.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9051.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9148.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9151.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9122.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9080.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9163.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9159.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9090.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9170.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9169.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9069.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Another batch of more recent shots in the past 2-3 weeks or so!

6M3C0626 by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C0345.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C1630.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C1519.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C1814.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C1812.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C1489.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C1769.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9966.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9831.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9791.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr

6M3C9695.jpg by invertalon, on Flickr