TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funniest Ride Experiences

Three years ago my family and I went to Geauga Lake. We arrived during a light rainstorm and bought ponchos...

Sometime later in the day, it had stopped raining and we decided to ride RWB. Since we don't go to Geauga Lake every year (or really ever for that matter) I convinced my sis to ride in the front seat with me.

We were dispatched and immediately my mind went into "record" mode- I was trying to give my full attention to the layout and the forces and anything else that adds to the experience, but I was distracted the moment we went zooming down the first hill. I noticed my sister laughing a little more than usual, but at first I tried to ignore it, then I decided that RWB really isn't a mind blowing coaster and decided to see what the heck was so funny.

My sister and I were still wearing the ponchos from earlier and, you guessed it, the wind during the ride caught the ponchos and inflated them, making us look like rejects from the mascot orgies on Conan O'Brien. Looking at my smallish sister "hiding" in that poncho brought me to tears for the rest of the ride. The mother and daughter sitting directly behind us didn't help keep the situation unfunny either. The daughter, in her best 80's after school special voice whined to her mother, "Mommeeee! I can't see aaannnyyythiiiinng!"

Everyone that I kinda got a glimpse of while exiting the ride got off as though nothing special happened, as if they just saw a mediocre movie. Even the operators were in their "quit yellin', I'm gellin'" mood. But I left the ride doubled over out of breath and in pain from laughing so hard at imagining what we must've looked like on that ride...

I still chuckle about it when I think about it...

Only a little thing, but we were on Tatsu and were waiting in the brakes before the station (Woooo one station going)

Anyway, after all the usual whooping and "woah that was great" a girl that must have been a few rows in front just yells out "I've got a blood nose", with that the whole train was pissing themselves laughing at her. When we finally pulled forward there was a small puddle of blood on the safety platform and then a trail leading along up to the station.

I also thought it was pretty disgusting, though partially funny how everyone spits off the lift, I thought people would be a bit more civil than a Llama.

^Heheheh. I find it funny. Around here there are alot of morons who spit on coasters, but the thign is, the main attraction at my home park is a boomerang, so usually it ends up hitting them back int he fact because of the inversions or reverse or I dont know what

This year on one of my rides on the Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood, there was a kid who I guess it was his first time on it and he kept asking a bunch of questions before dispatch. Then on the lift the Phantom usually slows down to a very slow speed for about 2/4 of the way up. Well when this happened the kid flipped out. He was like 8 years old with his dad and he was cussing up a storm. His exact words during the slow down was "Holy f**king sh*t! What the f**k is going on?!?! Dad if we get f**king stuck I will f**king kick your a*s after this f**king ride is over!! D*mmit!!!!!"

Me and my friend were laughing so freaking hard. His Dad was so amused by it he let the kid keep yelling, it was the funniest experience I have ever had on a coaster...sooo funny!

Back when I was about 8 years old my family took a trip to Disney World. One of the days we had stopped at MGM my dad suggested we ride RRC (not knowing that it launched and went upsidedown.) Keep in mind that the biggest roller coaster I had been on before that was Big Thunder Mountain. When we exited the Recording studio part a train launched right as we stepped into the ally. My dad was just thinking "why am I bringing my son on this." We finally get into the train and I am so nervous. It starts to count down, "3! 2! 1!" Then the train launches into the tunnel we go upside down and all around. My dad is trying to yell to see if I am ok, but I cant hear him because the music was to loud. We finally get off the ride and my dad catches up to me and yells "Ryan Ryan are you ok!" I reply " Dad that was awesome!!!!" I started laughing so hard.

"Holy f**king sh*t! What the f**k is going on?!?! Dad if we get f**king stuck I will f**king kick your a*s after this f**king ride is over!! D*mmit!!!!!"

Father sitting in the principals office: I can't f**cking figure out where he f**cking learned to talk s**t like that!"

Parenting 101?...probably a little too late on this one.

My last trip to SFMM we were in line for viper and a car pulls in and there is a rather large black woman yelling like she just had the best sex in the world she stands up and looks at the guy she was with and yelled that was the best I think I got wet then out of the blue a kid of maybe 11 turns around from the car in front of her and yells ma’am there is no water on this ride hahah We laughed so much even the rid ops were laughing. The poor kid never got the joke rp

Me and a friend of mine rode Montezooma's Revenge. He does NOT like roller coasters, but through my brilliant persuasion powers, I got him to ride. He didn't understand the whole "launch" thing yet, so once we were out of the station, he was screaming out of traumatizing fear. I had my hands up the whole time, while he tried to curl up to the side, and close his eyes. As soon as he got off, he had a very pissed look on his face, but instead of yelling at me, he just said, "How the HELL do you ride these things. I'm never doing it again."

I had one of the funniest rides I've ever had on Millennium Force. It was yesterday.

I was with a friend of mine who works at the park, and we rarely have time off together, so we were going to have a blast.

It was windy when we were climbing the lift hill, so I said to her, "It sure is windy up here. Cold too." The people behind us looked at us weird.

Then from the drop through the rest of the ride, I shouted to my friend that I was planning on going to Burger King after spending the day at the park. I said I wanted to get a soda and a Hershey's Sundae Pie.

I bet the riders thought we were nuts!

My friend said she was going to poke my face for the photo, so right before it, I grabbed her finger and bit it. It resulted in the greatest on-ride photo I've ever had.

1991 and me and the family went to Disneyworld. My sister, who was 7 years old at the time, was super scared to go on haunted mansion. She couldn't wait outside so she was forced to go on and close her eyes. Well when we got out of the stretching room and were waiting to get on the ride part, my sister yells out, "I think I am gonna pee my pants!" Everyone waiting to get on and even the ride-ops were laughing hysterically.

My favourite happened to me... Same situation, different people and different rides, but...

My first time on Detonator at Thorpe was at my 11th or 13th birthday. We were super-hyped except for my female colleague who hated heights and rides to make things worse. So we approached Detonator, all nervous, queued up and watched it in action... We got to the front and my female colleague was just about to wimp out as we were strapped in... We went off, too late for her to get off. We reach the top, all of us swearing blue murder and drop.

My other friend loved it.

My female colleague said it wasn't so bad.

I hated it.

All sorts of things happened last week at Kennywood. (Full trip report later.) First, I was riding the Cosmic Chaos, their Zamperla Disk'o, and when it got up to speed a girl a few seats away from me yelled "Ow, my titties!". About half the passengers heard her and laughed. (In fairness, it really doesn't look like the restraints were designed with girls in mind.)

Second, I was in line for Phantom's Revenge when it was shut down due to lightning. I decided to wait it out in the station and I was watching the storm go by when I heard one of the ops say, within range of the microphone, "Way to go, Turtle! Who's over there anyway? Anthony?" And when somebody asked him what he was talking about, "They valleyed the Turtle!" The Turtle is a Tumble Bug, and since it was low to the ground they had kept it running despite the rain until the track apparently got too slick for the cars to pull themselves over.

I got tired of waiting for Phantom's Revenge and went to ride Thunderbolt, which restarted while it was still raining, then when I came back to PR the guy in front of me in line for the back seat was talking about a previous rider dropping a bag of weed on the way out of the car, and whether he would have the guts to come back looking for it. Then the cops showed up to pick up the bag, and the guy said "Great, now the cops are gonna smoke all his weed!"

I remember when I sat next to a first time rider on Stealth, he went mental he sounded like a woman screaming at one point, and he made the strangest noise ever over the top hat!

Sounds like what I did... :S... He wasn't wearing a t-shirt with "Special" written on it, was he?

I had one of the funniest rides I've ever had on Millennium Force. It was yesterday.

I was with a friend of mine who works at the park, and we rarely have time off together, so we were going to have a blast.

It was windy when we were climbing the lift hill, so I said to her, "It sure is windy up here. Cold too." The people behind us looked at us weird.

Then from the drop through the rest of the ride, I shouted to my friend that I was planning on going to Burger King after spending the day at the park. I said I wanted to get a soda and a Hershey's Sundae Pie.

I bet the riders thought we were nuts!

My friend said she was going to poke my face for the photo, so right before it, I grabbed her finger and bit it. It resulted in the greatest on-ride photo I've ever had.

Holy crap! I was on the exact same train!

I even remember glancing over the finger-biting thing on one of the monitors!

Dan "It actually was kinda cold up there" Smith

me and my dad were riding the Viper in Sfga and one of the ride photo's was 2 guy. One guys was "sucking" on the other guys nipple!! it was hilarious!!!

Ooookaaaay .......

I remember having laughed a lot during our first visit at Blackpool PB :

first Wild mouse : what an unbelievable wild ride

then Valhalla : we couldn't believe how soaked we got

And finally on Grand National on the airtime hops at the end.

I was in line for Tower of Terror (MgM) and this lady infront of me goes, "Hey does this ride go in the dark?" And the guy infront of her (her boyfriend) was convincing me to say no so I was like "Nope not at all." We get on the ride, the girl is sitting next to me and apparently she had a fear of the dark, so we get to the moving forward and stuff, she's clinching my hand, and her boyfriends hand so hard I came off the ride bleading.

--Same Day--

Tower of Terror re-ride, in the movie room I hear this lady talking way loud and she has this country accent, now there must have been like 10 - 15 kids in the room and you hear her go "Last time I rode this they had a lap bar and my titties wouldn't fit in the ride!" I was laughing so hard.

--On Ride--

The kid next to me was shaking the metal and screaming in the dark to try and scare everyone, I get off the ride I see the kid crying, puking, and yelling for his mom. Oh how cruel karma can be!

Caleb "He got what he deserved" Stone

Everytime the seats of any flying coaster lift up into flying position is a funny ride experience, in my opinion.

Especially if it's some hot chick who doesn't know "how you start flyin".

I guess that's the only thrill Superman: Ultimate Flight has left besides the pretzel.

I went on a Chaos today with my friend and I wanted to take my flip flops off because I knew they would fly off but the ride op insisted I keep them on so I did. When it starts flipping my flip flops flew off right in front of her LOL!