TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shoes on or off...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Your brother sounds like my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Rausch, who was so obsessed with shoes that she'd change in the middle of class, paying no attention whatsoever to the fooling around that we did. We got a six-person poker game going, and she walked by one of us and said, "Nice hand," completely oblivious to the fact that we were playing poker in the middle of class!

Ah, the memories.

But yes, if you're wearing sandals you should definitely take them off. In fact, I think you're required to place them on the side. Don't leave them on the invert floor because it moves down and there's going to be another train that comes.

If you want to be sure the shoes don't fly off, tie them tightly before you get in line or double knot them. I always check my sneakers before I get in line for an invert or floorless to see if they are loose because I'd hate to lose them.

Yeah, that teacher sounds like my Spanish teacher..she would always pick on this one kid right in front of the class and when she gave us a test after telling us it would be next class we would walk behind her and give her the finger...totally oblivious to anything we do..

I'm not stupid enough to wear sandals to a theme park, but my friend wore sandals and when she went on DD she had to sit on them...

Uh, you're the one who made the "unnecessary" comment in the first place. You asked, didn't you?

Stop acting all high and mighty. We've had numerous complaints about you and your sass, and we've let it slip by. There's no reason to be an obnoxious twit on here.

It wasn't exactly an unnecessary comment. I was asking the topic creator. Whether you wish to believe it or not, your comment was indeed the unnecessary one. Thanks for answering a rhetorical question, you've made yourself look that much stupider.

And by "numerous" complaints, if you mean BeemerBoy, he is the one with "sass" and the one being an "obnoxious twit".

Now let's stay on topic. If you wish to have a go at me, kindly do it over PM.

The joy it must be to be a mod. Back on topic. If your shoes are tied, they won't fall off. If you have filp flops, sit on them. Pretty much sums up what everyone already said.

-Luke

A good pair of walking shoes should really be a must if you are going to a park. When I was in Florida, I made the mistake of bringing a pair of skateboard shoes. I didn't think it would be a problem, since they were comfortable when I was in the office and such. BAD IDEA. The lack of support for walking really ended up killing my feet.

As a personal recommendation, I would suggest the Nike Free. They are super light and really comfortable. They are a little pricey, but totally worth it (unless you are Blue0ctane and you don't want to "flaunt" your money).

I've worn loose-ish shoes on many inverts and floorless coasters and they've never come off, so he'll probably be fine. I see lots of people take off running shoes with laces before going on an invert and I can never figure out why. They have laces, tie them. When I was at IOA last August the rideops told people with flipflops to put the seat belt through the straps. If they're the heavier kind you might end up getting kicked in the crotch by your own shoes though