TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alveys in Cheeseland

the_rock401

I was reading the 2005 trip plan thread, and I noticed taht Robb and crew were planning to come to Planet Cheese (aka Wisconsin) sometime in August. I was wondering when the Alvey entourage will be in the Dells. If the timing is right, I can find an excuse to run down there and meet you guys.

Paul "is always leery about venturing into Cheeseland" Miller

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully (depending on Robb's Work schedule) we'll be there the 2nd or 3rd weekend in August. We'll be sure to post the details when we have everything confirmed!

Elissa "wants to ride the BLACK ANACONDA!" Alvey

^Wait, Wait, Wait...let's get some choice phrases from the Noah's Ark Website all about BLACK ANACONDA:

YOU CAN'T SCREAM LONG ENOUGH!

Can you survive a brush with Black Anaconda?

Stare pure terror in the eye, before Black Anaconda swallows you whole

...push you up the creature's mighty humps and lash you about in the darkness of its twisting coils.

Elissa "I'm going to challenge the BLACK ANACONDA!" Alvey

Not that stupid fake "wooden coasters" over at GCI

Huh? I need to hear the explanation on this.

Me too, GCI has made a few of my all time favorite woodies...Thunderhead being one of my new favorites. I'd like this explanation of why they are 'fake' as well.

The only thing I can guess they are talking about is the way I feel about GCI...they're pretty good rides...but they're not my style. Not really good airtime, all about laterals...some are good like Thunderhead and keep their speed but as a whole I really don't like them as much as other woodies.

Elissa "just a guess" Alvey

It's a well known fact that GCI's coasters are, in fact, NOT made of wood... hence the declaration of "fake".

They are, as it turns out, made of that spongy material Florist's foam that is used in potted plants.

Brian, who says if that's not what he meant, then I'm lost.

I do know that they don't use Southern Yellow Pine from what I've seen, unlike other wooden coaster manufacturers, maybe that's why their stay smoother for longer .. with SFMW's Roar as an exception, just poor and lack of maintenance there.