TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toverland Discussion Thread

Thanks to everyone who has been uploading pictures throughout the construction! TPR, along with troytoverland.nl, toverland.info and turbolaaf have all been fun sites to follow during the building of Troy.

Leaving in 16 hours...will be there on Sunday. I'm giddy like a kid on Christmas. Stop by and say hello if you are at Toverland.

Will be there @ the 27e, 29e en 1e july so just say hi

I love those trains. The theming looks a little cheap and plasticy though. Are they going to be adding any sort of weathered or stone look to the castle to make it look better?

EDIT: I'm assuming that the brick like covering seen at the bottom right and the left of the castle picture will eventually spread to cover the entire structure, am I right?

I love those trains. The theming looks a little cheap and plasticy though. Are they going to be adding any sort of weathered or stone look to the castle to make it look better?

EDIT: I'm assuming that the brick like covering seen at the bottom right and the left of the castle picture will eventually spread to cover the entire structure, am I right?

I'm afraid not

They told us that the theming stay's like this and that's something nobody likes

A well in a few years they should look fine also

There will be some more add ons like lamps and stuff so we'll see what happens.

Toverland.info 16-06-2007: The trains are already set on track and during the finishing touch of those, the ride system is being check today. All sensor + liftmotor. To bad i can't say when the first ride is going to be But keep watching this topic or toverland.info for the first testing videos!

Till next update! Probebly WITH testing vids!

Well, the coaster is almost done, there adding some extra footers, took out a bump before the fly-through and checking all the systems. Most of all testing at the evening/night! The Trojan Horse also came along today and they are finishing up thatone right now. I have to say the GCI crew is really nice to me and i respect that deeply! It could have been different (i remember Vekoma with the Boosterbike). So thanks allot you guys!

Well, i had to take this picture. It's defenetly the best part of the whole ride, it's the switching turns after the fly through

Till next time!

Ah man, that coaster looks so beautiful. Thank you Toverland for building such a ride over here! And great to hear that you had a fine experience with the GCI crew. I'll be there the 8 th of july. And Troy better be as good as Thunderbird in Power Park, the other GCI in Europe.

Today i went to toverland by bike.

(What a terrible trip – one way is about 34 kilometers...)

But at the end we saw our new sweet home – Troy.

Here are some pictures of the ride:

You will find some more pictures right here.

Julian

I had the opportunity to travel to Toverland for the final days of construction and testing of Troy. It’s an amazing ride…I can’t wait to travel back to the park next summer.

First drop is very similar to DW, although in the opposite direction. Nice rightward lateral push in the back of the train…strong positives in the pullout. The ride immediately climbs and rebanks to the left into a 70+deg banked turn…with max banking at the peak of the hill. This turn unfolds into the lowest level of the triple crossover where the train begins the righthand climb into the deadman turn. Also similar to DW, there is a pop of air before the peak of the turn for frontseat riders and the train winds back into a steep bank for the dive back to ground level. Fun and fast opening sequence but then things really start to get crazy.

The swooping dive turn off the deadman leads into the middle level of the triple crossover…a quick low floater that lands on the backside into a downhill then uphill righthand turn. Awesome laterals and positives. Just before the peak of the next hill the train twists from right to left and sets up in a descending helix where lats are held on the riders for several seconds. The track falls away when exiting the helix and riders get a good headchopper effect mid-float. Another quick low floater with a lefthand curving exit leads into the extended camelback. Great trajectory, long float. The train then climbs right with a pop of air before banking strongly at the peak and aligning with the station fly-through.

The hill after the fly-through drops all the way to ground level landing into a slight left hand bank. Quick switch to a righthand climb to the top level of the triple crossover. Snap left at the peak…A left-right twisting S-curve drop on the backside aligns the track parallel with the first curve under the lift. An uphill climb flattens out with a nice pop of air and banks flatly to the right before another pop of air into the final leftward undulating helix. The track banks and unbanks through the helix, giving riders a variety of lats and positives before one final headchopper air hill and lat filled lefthand uphill climb into the brakes.

I rode Troy countless times and each time was as fun as the first. There is such a variety of elements and forces that keep it interesting and exciting.

I enjoyed meeting Coaster Chi and sharing a slew of front seat rides late one night. TPR should have a great time at this park! Wish I could join the fun!

9907522_DSC00321800x600.JPG.e876ff6d986ea245bd8142f2829eaf8c.JPG

214118909_DSC00316800x600.JPG.4c9349832a767cff96b0563a1b5b8a1a.JPG

I rode it today.

It's extreme !

Coaster Joe said "Fun and fast opening sequence but then things really start to get crazy." and boy was he right.

The first half of the ride is awesome as well, but the second half is just extreme. From the moment you exit the station flythrough, you're either pushed down, pulled up or smacked against the sides of the seat. There's not a single breathing point anymore until you hit the brakes.

It's amazing how much speed is in this section. Maybe a little too much even. It's so violent, it's crazy.

Always smooth, but it's soooo out-of-control and wild !

Congratulations to GCI and Toverland for this monster ride.

I just got back from the ERT on Troy and it was realy, realy awsome! I arrived at the park just before 10, but since troy didn't open till 11 we had to ride boosterbike and stuff. At 11 the opening began with some speeches of the 2 owner, followed by the official Troy song. When they finnaly took the lines holding us back, away I sprinted to the ride and got in first. However I gave up my place to someone else, so I rode it in the 3th train.

The first ride was awsome, but I was left with a strange feeling. So we decided to ride again, front seat this time, wow what a rush that was, it was totaly awsome!

During the day the ride got better and better, going faster and producing more and more forces. At the end, the last ride at 8 PM it just went totaly crazy.

Its like descired some post above, only way faster, so more airtime and totaly wild. According to chris the last part of Troy was even better then 'The voyage'.

Realy, all come over to ride this ride, cuss its the most awsome coaster I've ever riden. But remember, ride at the left side, better view, and you have not such a big change to get killed by the inmense lateral G's at the last part.

BTW, max wait was like 5 minutes, and up to 7 for front and back seats. The ERT wait was 1 ride mostly! I got 40 rides today and I'm goign back on monday I Think.

I hope its a good coaster.

It is it really - I love this ride.

I heard about some people who said that this is the "Expedition G-Force" as a wooden coaster. ( )

I can only say the same.

This ride is unbelievable.

Here is a small preview - more pictures you will find during the next week at my website.

Julian

Just got back from today's 'official' openingday of Troy.

Troy is great !

The station fly-through is brilliant and get's everybody excited during waiting. I noticed a lot of 'am i going in that' reactions in the station.

The first drop is steep and the speed after that almost doesn't get lost until the breaks.

Here are some pictures of the official opening :

At this time, i did the coaster 85 times, but it still doesn't get boring! It just keeps on pushing the speed (atleast it looks like it!) and it's just one big fun coaster! All the people here like it allot and that's a good thing to hear!

I still want to say thanks allot to all the guys of GCI who made this project even more special for me , then it already was! I just can't say "Thanks allot!" enough for that! But i'm gonna type that all out

TROY STILL KICKS ASS!