TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toverland Discussion Thread

i have the same feeling Rene, i've seen Troy being build up from the ground up and in that way, i still haven't realised how 'big' Troy is going to be, and i don't only mean that in the literal way. Somehow i have the feeling i'll pass out for a few days when i really realise the awesomeness of Troy, which if it weren't for some trees i could see from my house

What i don't get is that nobody who is speaking about the trains.

This will have the first "themed" millenium flyer trains ever and thats also something special.

Then also include the great theming in the front that is being build right now and you've got a real special GCI.

What i don't get is that nobody who is speaking about the trains.

This will have the first "themed" millenium flyer trains ever and thats also something special.

Then also include the great theming in the front that is being build right now and you've got a real special GCI.

I just hope we can leaf the bars open a little bit, for some real airtime!!!

But normally on the new woody's they fit perfectly. (no airtime in the seats)

Airtime is a sensation based on forces felt by the riders, not actual movement in the seat. I'm fairly certain the goal for most designs of lapbars is to have direct contact with the rider.

Airtime is a sensation based on forces felt by the riders, not actual movement in the seat. I'm fairly certain the goal for most designs of lapbars is to have direct contact with the rider.

And i think you need to ride colossos or EGF here in Europe before saying something like that.

I'm sure the lapbars and seatbelts are suppose to let you staying in your seat but thats something that will not happen on these two

To clarify, what I meant is that airtime, by definition, is simply when your body is feeling less than 1G forces. I know that there are plenty of coasters that do tend cause actual movement (less than 0G), and, depending on the lapbar, it is possible to literally come up out of your seat.

But you can still experience airtime with the lapbar perfectly pinned to your upper thighs and with little to no actual movement from your seat.

To clarify, what I meant is that airtime, by definition, is simply when your body is feeling less than 1G forces. I know that there are plenty of coasters that do tend cause actual movement (less than 0G), and, depending on the lapbar, it is possible to literally come up out of your seat.

But you can still experience airtime with the lapbar perfectly pinned to your upper thighs and with little to no actual movement from your seat.

Your totally right, but i really prefer the airtime when you really get off your seat. So when i ride EGF or Colossos, i always make a "big belly" and move a little bit forward , do not close the restraint totally, let the employe check it and when the train departs, just sit back normally. Believe me, you absolutely want to ride a intamin coaster with lots of ejector airtime with your restraint a little bit open! It gives you far more the thrill and you can enjoy the airtime mutch more!

... i miss EGF... 3/4 seconds of floating above the seat of one camelback is heavenly!

But back on topic, the catwalk on the lifthill is totally there and the catwalk on the drop is almost at the top! Damn those guys are working hard!

Everything to do with this lovely GCI coaster is simply stunning

There will be loads of on this mighty woodie, if you want to have some space between yourself and the lapbar, pull it down 1 or 2 clicks, stick your stomach out when the Ops check the bars, this way your have plenty of room to come out of your seat.

Those trains are better than "cex"

Update friday 20 april 2007

The triple-crossover is nearly done, the little turn from the brakes to the station and the prelift 'S' are also allmost done. The marked some things around the station area and the entrance towers are getting some foundation.

05.JPG.9b0a10c910420a518aeb05284aa977b8.JPG

04.JPG.449e9002d11a9ed535bb2e172a555287.JPG

03.JPG.5748990b88413c301a90d3899a240d61.JPG

02.JPG.6d0bcc521476a07e166fea3941b284b8.JPG

01.JPG.54e4cb0982eae03983df9f4709056b4d.JPG

The pics on your intern webspace are the same from toverland.info

Odd. We received the photos yesterday through email from one of our guys on site.

they are in fact from coasterchi, owner of toverland.info, i recognize the 'yellow' wood. I guess coasterchi gave the pics to Stan or Clair, and they sent them back to Sunbury

Yep, there mine, but hey, i could walk up the lifthill if Clair got the pictures! I find that a fine deal Haha! Here are some more of today, the tripple crossover justs look insane if you stand next to it! There also doing a great job on the lifthill and tracking work! Keep up the good work you guys!

This coaster is really shaping up to be insane. It seems like it will just fly through it's course, and that first drop with the extremly low turn immediatly afterwards looks completly awesome. It looks like it might even be the best new coaster of 2007.