TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toverland Discussion Thread

And i am the closest person to toverland on whole of TPR, 5 miles

Trust me i can get there faster then you think

And i'm also in a good contact with the parks staf and press relations.

So far there hasn't been a release for a layout however some people did released what the second attraction would be and thats a Wiegand inverted bobsled.

I keep you informed as soon when i know more.

Fantastic news indeed. Doesn't take that long for me to get there from the UK. Will most definitely be making a return visit to this cool little park next year at some stage. Last time I went was in 2004, about a week before Booster Bike opened (we knew it would be give or take). But, as soon as management/marketing (fantastic bunch) caught whiff that enthusiast's were in the house, we were whisked along to the Booster Bike site where we were allowed to sit on the trains and take as many photo's as we liked. They didn't have to do this for us and it was certainly a nice suprise.

Anyway, I have a feeling that this new ride will be far from mediocre

Edit:

And I hope that this isn't the last GCI we see in Europe (fingers crossed that Flamingo Land bite the bullet and build one of these).

And i am the closest person to toverland on whole of TPR, 5 miles

Trust me i can get there faster then you think

And i'm also in a good contact with the parks staf and press relations.

So far there hasn't been a release for a layout however some people did released what the second attraction would be and thats a Wiegand inverted bobsled.

I keep you informed as soon when i know more.

i've got better contacts with the people that work there

bcause i work there myself

Its been posted on Screamscape with a link to an offical link that in 2008 Toverland want to add a powered Mack inverterd coaster and by 2010 the want to have phase 3 of the indoor park open, in effect doubling the size of attarctions.

Have a look, there is also what looks like a picture of a model of the Toverland wooden coaster, I can't read Dutch though maybe someone can translate.

www.screamscape.com

Have a look, there is also what looks like a picture of a model of the Toverland wooden coaster, I can't read Dutch though maybe someone can translate.

Nope that model is from a existing coaster (don't know wich one though). It just says that these are examples of tracks from GCI like the one that's going to be build, but not the actual layout.

The inverted will be something with cars for one or two people, a 700 m track and you can control the speed yourself.

Hope this helps!

Nice to hear that since I know the most of the crew that works there.

Rene is one of them and he also works with me on my site. Together we travel a lot to other parks included florida and acros Europe.

Since i know him i also know Lianne and your boss Caroline where all the info comes from.

Next time i get there i will look for you.

So far off topic

For those who do not know what the other ride will be :

http://www.wiegandslide.com/produkte.html

Then have a look at the wiegand wieflyer.

Nice to hear that since I know the most of the crew that works there.

Rene is one of them and he also works with me on my site. Together we travel a lot to other parks included florida and acros Europe.

Since i know him i also know Lianne and your boss Caroline where all the info comes from.

Next time i get there i will look for you.

So far off topic

For those who do not know what the other ride will be :

http://www.wiegandslide.com/produkte.html

Then have a look at the wiegand wieflyer.

look for the guy with the pony-tail

With these stats, this coaster will be the biggest GCI in the world!

And if I look to the other GCI's, I know Toverland's woodie will be bigger, it makes me feel incredible happy!

The only problem is that I live far away from Toverland...

• 2 weeks later...

Whooptydoo, just for 1 or 2 days!

Ontopic:

I'm verry verry glad that there is a GCI coming to Toverland. With the first plans of Magic Forest, they already had designed a great woody (but it wasn't a GCI). This woody should go over the Backstroke log-flume, so that would be great! But hey, we got a free Motorbike coaster for that!

Luckly enough, the woody is still coming in the form of a great GCI! With the facts now known, it's gonna be a great coaster! Although i can't give you guy's the "real" inside information, i can tell you that the part of the layout that is given out to me, is suprising! Ass soon as i can let more info get free, you'll here from me (or find it on toverland.info , witch is also mine) ! If it's gonna be as good as Gwazi (the only GCI's that i did), it's going to be killer! But hey, no big news for you guys!

About the Wie-Flyer that is also coming to Toverland: The track lengt is going to be 700 meters and will be between the Survival Course (you guys liked that one right?) and the Boosterbike. Maximum speeds will be the same as the standard bob-cart. More info about the station is given free soon so you'll just got to wait for that!

Magical greatings,

René

• 2 months later...

The terrain:

Dirk's pictures:

The first pole did imediatly got examinated by hyyyper.

We first thought it was marked till the road, but eventually the distance was much bigger!

From here to all down there!

Warning: Runaway Hyyyper's!

He is going to check now every day if there is going to be a new pole! [lol]

From here to my scooter on the right is the width from the terrain. The length from the terrain is from here somewhere outside the picture [lol]

Meanwhile hyyyper is picturing every picture that was on the terrain. You never know if there is standing a hidden message on them! [:D]

Every little pole! [:D]

This is going to be the length of the terrain. From here to the boosterbike! [pshades]

And hyyyper did also measure the height and the width from the pole [:D]

I'm defenatly sure, this is going to be one huge coaster for toverland [pshades] We'll keep ya updated [:)]

hyyyper's picture's:

Well...dirk and i went to meet at toverland and we got a hint from the boosterbike rideop that poles where put in the field after the boosterbike, so dirk and i went to take a look...

because my pics are basically the same as dirk's i'll only upload 11,

Dirk being mindwarped by the orange pole

Dirk (thinking he's) being cool next to a white pole

...179...180...181...ehhh...damn, lost count

X-treme Pole Close-Up

Dirk: "I swear i saw that pole move!"

"Hmm...this bunny hop is certainly pop some airtime"

"Dirk, there's just markers"

"Bummer"

Look close, the northwest pole is out there! Somewhere!

You see, i told you it was out there! Somewhere!

Hey BoosterBike RideOp's, how's it hanging?

Random photo of random poles in a random field

• 1 month later...

Location of the woodie has changed from behind the Boosterbike to next to it. The flied was a small forest, but most of it has been taken down. Only one row of trees is still standing, soil samples have been taken to analyse and determine the cement mixture. Footers are scheduled for november so that won't be long before rebar should be popping up. Also piles of sand have been laid down, the yellow will most likely be used for the tiles/bricks for the paths

wrebbit< me hope new toverland's ride would have gotta be the

one of the greatest thrill ride in the planet! wishin' toverland would

use very small place effectly so people can have a blast though the

ride's scale's so tiny! great to know the news! why don't we share

it in a chat later?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice! Thanks for the pics. I went to Toverland this year and it was a nice park, but they could still use a new coaster, i guess i'll have to go back there next year!

Also, i didn't know Toverland had so much room left for a new coaster, i thought they where gonna go for a compact lay-out on the events/pic-nic/whatever field next to boosterbike and the survival course, but apparantly its going to be a huge GCI!

I can only hope this new woodie combined with the booster bike gives them a major increase in attendance, but not so much that they feel obligated to take out the obstacle course and replace it with another coaster in a few years!

Wow, did I really say I DON'T want another coaster, yeah I think I did!

First of all they have more then enough room and on the most pics you can see some of it.

In the back you can see some forrest and they own the land till that line.

And about the Survival parcours: they will not take it appart for more room or a coaster.

Its just to popular and they still have more then enough room to expand

• 2 weeks later...

Would be great to meet up with you again

I was there with your last meeting and made a small video of you elissa on the survival track that was fun.

When you come over i'll sure try to make some time to join you.

We expect to get hard hat tours as well so make sure to keep an eye on this one