TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toverland Discussion Thread

^If it gets the 50" height requirement that Dollywood's has, this is a great fit for the park! If it gets the more common in Europe 55" B&M height restriction I'm not so sure.

Toverland has previously said that they are trying to attract a more diverse agegroup of visitors. So I'm not sure if height restrictions are that much of an issue to them.

Besides that, Dutch people are considered as some of the tallest on earth.

Toverland has previously said that they are trying to attract a more diverse agegroup of visitors. So I'm not sure if height restrictions are that much of an issue to them.

Besides that, Dutch people are considered as some of the tallest on earth.

I think part of the issue is that while diversifying is good, Toverland's definitely a park geared toward a younger age group, and it would be peculiar to make their biggest-ever investment a ride that a big portion of their main demographic couldn't participate in. The place was packed with (and I dare say overloaded with) school groups when I was there this past year, and I'd guess most of them were in the 8-10 year old age range.

In fact, it's a little weird for me to picture Toverland with all their play areas and magic forests and fantasy theming up front, and a huge B&M wing coaster in the back. It's definitely a big step, and I don't mean that in a bad way at all -- I'd be thrilled to go back there and check out the new coaster. Just hope some of the kids can get on too (so I can sneak a few more rides on TROY!)

I think part of the issue is that while diversifying is good, Toverland's definitely a park geared toward a younger age group, and it would be peculiar to make their biggest-ever investment a ride that a big portion of their main demographic couldn't participate in. The place was packed with (and I dare say overloaded with) school groups when I was there this past year, and I'd guess most of them were in the 8-10 year old age range.

They have to start somewhere to get them in a different light, besides this coaster is part of an entirely new themed sections who knows what rides it will be filled with. I agree that with their reputation and track-record it's odd to see them invest a lot of money in a big thrill ride, but like I said they have to start somewhere.

^&^^^ But why should they move away from a core demographic that is obviously doing VERY well for them? We've seen company after company figure out that families bring in money and teenagers don't. A 50" height restriction, exciting big ride can be just as enticing to children as it can to teens and adults if done right.

B&M wing coaster? Go Toverland!

A 50" height restriction, exciting big ride can be just as enticing to children as it can to teens and adults if done right.

Totally agree. And given that wing coasters generally aren't too wild, they can be a great "first big coaster" that maybe looks intimidating but don't cause anyone to freak out.

^If it gets the 50" height requirement that Dollywood's has, this is a great fit for the park! If it gets the more common in Europe 55" B&M height restriction I'm not so sure.

I think thats fairly likely, OzIris also has a similar height restriction which is 1.3m, 51inches. It would be great as Toverland is very family focused.

• 3 months later...

Toverland announces new B&M Wing Coaster and water ride for 2018!

It's finally official: Toverland will open a spectacular Wing Coaster in 2018 and a water attraction for the whole family. The Dutch theme park has just announced this. Rumors indicated the arrival of the new attractions a while ago, but Toverland didn't say anything about it, until now.

Now the theme park gives clarity. "It is true that we will open two major attractions next year: a wing coaster from the Swiss manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard - the first in the Benelux - and a water attraction for the whole family of Mack Rides from Germany," says a proud spokeswoman.

A wing coaster is a roller coaster type with the cars hanging next to the track. Details about the attractions are still missing. "But the wing coaster will have multiple inversions." The two attractions will become part of a new themed area, which will be located behind the current park. "We will announce later what the theme of the area will be".

Rumors about the wing coaster of about 40 meters high were spread out in January. This week it became clear that Toverland will also add a gentle boat ride next year. The ride will be partly indoors.

Source

Edited by JordyC

^&^^^ But why should they move away from a core demographic that is obviously doing VERY well for them? We've seen company after company figure out that families bring in money and teenagers don't. A 50" height restriction, exciting big ride can be just as enticing to children as it can to teens and adults if done right.

I don't think they are moving away from their core demographic, I think they are expanding. Besides, Troy is a big coaster for regional standards, that didn't stop them attracting families.

I don't think they are moving away from their core demographic, I think they are expanding. Besides, Troy is a big coaster for regional standards, that didn't stop them attracting families.

Yeah but families can ride troy, its not physically imposing really there are no inversions and its quite short. i think it doesn't really matter either way as long as they go with the low height restriction it will be fine.

Looks quite brief for a wing coaster

It's an unconfirmed layout, although it will be close to the final result. The source made this drawing:

- 42 meters high

- Around 800 meter long

- 6 coaches long, 24 persons

- Color: Light blue track, brown supports

- KST (Castle), a big castle as station.

Again, not yet confirmed by the park.

Okay not the biggest fan, I'm still hoping for a bit more like Flug der DÄmonen at Heide park. But who knows maybe the actual lay-out (taking the top view as 100% fact here) could be a little more intersting, we'll see.

Just a question why is this a populair rumor though? Just curios.

Looks like a solid layout. I'd love to see the zero-G roll incorporate a near-miss if possible when it opens like most of the other wing coasters, but this one seems to have good interaction with the pathways below which would make up for it.

If this layout is accurate, it looks like an average middle-of-the-road Wing Coaster. They layout seems oddly perfect and "mechanical" almost as if it was designed in RCT3 or something. I'd love to see a final inline twist or something, but this will still be great for Toverland.

Looks quite brief for a wing coaster

Clearly you've never been to Holiday World.

There's a lot of wing coasters shorter than the one at Holiday World lol

Upon further research, turns out you're right. Wild Eagle is actually the 4th longest, it seems. However, it sure feels like the shortest. I've been on 5 of the 8 that exist and Thunderbird is easily the one I wouldn't mind skipping in the future.

First off, the coaster is going in a new area according the the preliminary announcement. The layout could be ANY shape depending on the paths. We aren't even really limited to an area here.

Second, anyone could make a layout like that in a couples mins in Microsoft paint. In fact, I used to be that on my own for entertainment years ago. Look, I mean you can even see where the line segement that was used to make the turn back into the station was too long and stretched wrong. There's an extra length of it sticking out next to the brake run.

Sorry, but my BS detectors are firing up a wall on this one. I'm betting this was fan made.

• 2 months later...