TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toverland Discussion Thread

It does amaze me just how much the park has changed since my visit in 2008. Im glad to see that the triangle of death is still in the park though!

agreed, and that triangle was a lot of fun

anything that might cause you injury is fun

Edited by Hhappy

It does amaze me just how much the park has changed since my visit in 2008. Im glad to see that the triangle of death is still in the park though!

agreed, and that triangle was a lot of fun

Love that Europe has things like that at seemingly every park! I'm not a fan of this one though...since it did almost kill me!

• 4 weeks later...

Toverland has released a press statement about the number of visitors they had in 2015.

They were pleased to welcome 698.484 guests which is a record for the park.

Attractiepark Toverland kan terugkijken op een succesvol jaar. In 2015 mocht het attractiepark maar liefst 698.484 gasten verwelkomen. Hoogtepunten waren de opening van twee nieuwe attracties, een nieuw dagbezoekersrecord en de populaire avondopenstellingen: de Midzomeravonden en Halloween Nights.

Het jaar 2015 ging van start met de opening van een nieuwe attractie, de bobsleebaan Maximus’ Blitz Bahn. Speciaal ter gelegenheid van de nieuwe bobbaan werd het themagebied Magic Forest in Oostenrijkse stijl gethematiseerd inclusief een nieuwe Biergarten.

Afgelopen zomer mocht Toverland bovendien een nieuw dagbezoekersrecord noteren. Op 5 augustus, tijdens een van de acht Midzomeravonden, bezochten bijna 11.000 gasten het attractiepark in Noord-Limburg. Vanwege de grote populariteit van de avondopenstellingen werden er dit jaar maar liefst 8 Midzomeravonden en 8 Halloween Nights georganiseerd.

“De opening van onze nieuwe zweefmolen Djinn en het vergrote winteraanbod, van een naar twee overdekte themagebieden, maakten dat 2015 mooi afgesloten werd. Bovendien was het mede door het mooie weer de drukste kerstvakantie ooit”, aldus Pieter Huijsmans (Hoofd Marketing & Communicatie).

Toverland 15 jaar

In 2016 bestaat Attractiepark Toverland 15 jaar. Het familiebedrijf is in haar jonge bestaan uitgegroeid tot één van de populairste attractieparken van Nederland. Het attractiepark is van plan haar verjaardag volop te gaan vieren vanaf de start van het zomerseizoen op 19 maart 2016.

• 4 months later...

The park has detailed its plans for the next 10 years:

- the entrance will be relocated

- a significant expansion of the park

- an additional parking lot

- a hotel (100 rooms for 4 people)

The goal is to double the park's attendance. From 630,000 visitors (in 2015) to 1,2 million visitors (by 2025).

According to a new zoning plan:

- buildings will be no taller than 30 m

- except for the new entrance (which includes a 45 m tall tower) and the hotel (35 m)

- rides are allowed up to 45 m (148 ft)

- however, 3 rides can be as tall as 100 m (328 ft)

- and even 150 m (492 ft) could be allowed, but that would require an additional investigation

toverland_201509.thumb.png.74381b9ef5e1013f5b30858701b004d8.png

source: http://www.horstaandemaas.nl/Actueel/BKM/2016/Bestemmingsplan/week_22/Toverland

That looks very promising! I always loved this park, it's great to see they keep evolving. If the new areas are anywhere like 'De Magische Vallei" (I am pretty sure they will!), oh boy oh boy that theming will be B-E-A-UTIFUL!

This place is nuts. I remember when it was just an indoor park and how cool it was when they got that motorbike launch coaster.

Were they always planning on going this large? Seems odd that they started out so small yet keep expanding so rapidly. Definitely smarter to do it this way than to propose something ridiculously large from the start and never get started though.

• 4 months later...

As of today the new zoning plan was approved by the city council of Horst aan de Maas.

Meaning Toverland will be able to expand from 24 to 75 acres in size.

Also, rumour has it they'll begin construction on a wing coaster february 2017. Take this with a grain of salt though as there's no concrete evidence.

As of today the new zoning plan was approved by the city council of Horst aan de Maas.

Also, rumour has it they'll begin construction on a wing coaster february 2017. Take this with a grain of salt though as there's no concrete evidence.

I'll buy a season pass when this really happens lol

Hope this time the park isn't just announcing stuff again, without actually building something.. Love this place though, would be awesome to see a new themed area.

....Hope this time the park isn't just announcing stuff again, without actually building something.

What happened before? I'm just curious, since I loved my visit there, with TPR in 2008.

TROY!

B_10PullingTheHorse_Toverland.jpg.568c926a31e37ecddc7780d7f8af4158.jpg

"Pulling the Horse." TPR 2008 Europe Tour.

If they do this, I'll have to stop by since I'm already doing Efteling. And it's that Efteling is so close as to why I don't think it is. That is, unless it is not B&M.

• 2 weeks later...
....Hope this time the park isn't just announcing stuff again, without actually building something.

What happened before? I'm just curious, since I loved my visit there, with TPR in 2008.

TROY!

Toverland released a couple of plans for expansion on wich they didn't follow through. Most famous I think is the proposed water coaster that should have gone behind the boosterbike rollercoaster, where they now seem to plan a future front gate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New B&M Wing Coaster at Toverland in 2018

The theme park Toverland located in the Netherlands will get one of the most spectacular rides in the Benelux. In 2018, the theme park will open a B&M Wing Coaster, stated by Looopings after talks with several staff members.

Toverland will be working with the Swiss manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard (B&M), known from the Dive coaster Baron 1898 in the Efteling. The opening of this massive investment is scheduled for the summer of 2018 as part of a new themed area.

The sensational roller coaster will be the fourth wing coaster in Europe and the first in the Benelux. According to the manufacturer the ride will be give riders "an unprecedented sense of freedom, with nothing above and nothing below you."

The first wing coaster from B&M opened in 2011 in the Italian park Gardaland. Meanwhile, there are also Wing coasters at Thorpe Park and Heide-Park. Wing coasters usually reach a top speed of 90-100 kilometers per hour.

There has always been rumors about the arrival of a wing coaster, but now Looopings can confirm with certainty that the sensational news is true, though Toverland won't officialy announce it yet. "In 2018 we will indeed open a new themed section with a spectacular new roller coaster, but we can not say what type it is," said the spokeswoman.

Source

I heard this yesterday on the local news although they talked like the park released the info at a press event.

I love that despite everything looopings says should be taken with a grain of salt their track record of "announcing" new rides is so high even to local news just report what they release. I don't blame the news at all when they are 99/100 times right, in 2015 they also announced the openings date for Baron 1898 correct despite the Efteling keeping their mouth shut, I had a hard time explaining my colleges that it was still only a very likely rumor but because it was on the news they took it as a fact.

Anyway happy to see a wing-coaster so close at home, like Baron 1898 I rather would have seen a Flying-coaster but I'm not complaining about this outcome as well. I'm curious how high they plan the thrill factor of this ride, it's not really that easy to tell with Toverland. Anyways really exited to see how the lay-out is. I really like where this park is going the last couple of years.