TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone from Louisville or Charlotte?

Ok, so I recently decided to move out of Phoenix and I plan on moving to either Louisville, Ky or Charlotte, NC.

Does anyone have any information on either of these cities? I need first hand accounts, what are good areas of each city, which areas should be avoided. I plan on waitressing so what are some good restaurants to hit up? Also what is there to do as far as entertainment in each city and are the people fairly friendly there?

Thanks so much for any advice!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, I love North Carolina. If I had to move out of Wisconsin, I would probably move to North Carolina. I love Wisconsin alot, so I won't move. It seems to me that there isn't much in Louisville, they have the Sluggers, thats about it. North Carolina has just soo much more in my honest opinon.

I'm not from there, but decided to reply because no one did...

Well, this is a tough one to answer for someone else. It kinda depends what you like, right? I had a friend who lived in Louisville, Klantucky, err, Kentucky for a year and said it was the most miserable one of his life. Since you're a coaster fan, at least you'd have SFKK, HW, and Beech Bend within reach, but personally I'm not sure that'd be enough to get me to live there (no offense to those who do...seriously).

As strange as this may sound, NC is probably a closer fit to what you're used to in Phoenix. That's taking into consideration the natural beauty, the friendliness of the people, and the quality of life of both places (again, just my opinion....and yes, I've been to both places, folks).

I can't speak for all the restaurants in Charlotte, but I imagine you'd find a pretty good selection to waitress in.

My vote goes to Charlotte, hands down on this one.

Ok, so I recently decided to move out of Phoenix and I plan on moving to either Louisville, Ky or Charlotte, NC.

Does anyone have any information on either of these cities? I need first hand accounts, what are good areas of each city, which areas should be avoided. I plan on waitressing so what are some good restaurants to hit up? Also what is there to do as far as entertainment in each city and are the people fairly friendly there?

Thanks so much for any advice!

Smart move in leaving Phoenix. I left in January and moved to rural Ohio (30 mins from Dayton) and I'm happy I did.

Charlotte is great, and I hear the Indiana suburbs of Louisville are pretty nice.

I've stayed briefly in both Louisville (on my recent Coaster Road Trip) and in Charlotte (at my cousin's apartment). Louisville, even on a Saturday evening, seemed dead. The waterfront area was nice but also deserted. Everywhere I looked there were boarded up shops and deserted police stations. There was only one "hip" location and you needed to be 21 to even enter the street. Also, when I turned on the TV in the hotel, there were at least 5 stories about shootings or stabbings in the area.

Charlotte, IMO has a much more cohesive city area as well as nice suburban regions. There are plenty of apartment complexes in the outerlying areas of Charlotte as well as plenty of restaurants in the city as well as outside the city for you to wait tables. North Carolina also seems like a much better place to be. After having lived in Chapel Hill for the past year (college), it really is a great area to live in. Trips to major cities aren't too far (DC in 5 or 6 hours, New York in 12). Very good location. If it were me, I would make the move to Charlotte.

Either way, good luck.

I've never been to Louisville, but I've lived in Charlotte's shadow my whole life and can't complain, I really love it here, you are right in between the woods and the beach, and most people are friendly lol. You are a short drive from almost everything you could want to do too. With that said, I can't wait to get out of SC for a while, I was thinking Prescott, AZ lol...

I've lived in Charlotte (right outside of it actually) my whole life, but I don't know anything about Louisville really, so I don't really feel comfortable comparing the two of them. Honestly, though, Raleigh almost sounds like a better fit for you than Charlotte. The nightlife, entertainment, and restaurants are much better than from my experience. Just out of curiosity, what made you narrow it down to Charlotte and Louisville?