TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dreams

^^I'm envious of those who can fly easily. I didn't start flying until fairly recently, and I still don't very often. And usually, either I have to "flap" to keep myself up, or I'm just in a vehicle that's flying.

Happily, however, I generally seem to feel speed and airtime on coasters, at least!

I never really fly in my dreams. I either jump incredibly great distances, or I'm running and my strides are so wide that I'm gliding just above the ground. So basically I'm a SuperBall in my dreams.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I woke up to a loud boom in my house and iI looked up. My ceiling fan started to go 5x its speed and it fell on me, but then I woke up, and it was weird because my body wouldn't let me do a thing about it. I also had a dream the night before that i don't think i'll ever forget. I was half awake in my bedroom, and i looked around without moving my head, and in an instant, my bed started to pull me in. It was scary because it was as if something was pulling me into the bed. At one moment I even felt like I couldn't breath because i was just stuck in the middle of my bed. I suddenly woke up, and I didn't sleep the rest of the night.

I've been having a lot of coaster dreams lately, almost every night. Almost every time I never actually get to the point where I'm riding the coaster, just looking at it, talking about it, or trying to get in line.

Some notable recent ones:

--I was at SCBB and about to pay $25 to get my credit on the Giant Dipper. I was telling someone that I didn't care how much I had to pay for it and I didn't care that it might end up being a really rough, unenjoyable ride, I just wanted the credit.

--I found out the new Superman coaster coming to SFDK was actually really wide, like the track was the size of a freeway and I think the trains themselves were like wing-coaster trains, but each side had a row of seats the size of those on a dive machine. I guess this was my dream way of dealing with S:UF's capacity problems.

These two are the only ones I can remember the details for ATM. I think I'm going through coaster withdrawals and it's invading my dreams!

Here's a pretty good one! Last night I was sick from some bad food and I couldn't sleep all night, but I was able to be half asleep during that time. In my half asleep-ness I had an ongoing half dream ( is that what its called?) in which the Turkish army was trying to kill me and some others through painful stomach cramps. Also my best friend was the one telling me all of this information through a Codec (communication device from Metal Gear Solid games).

After I got up in the morning, fully awake, i still thought the Turkish were trying to get me .

Follow me on this logic.

I had a dream that I was in a car with my family and saw a huge Tour Bus (Think Almost Famous size) and it was the TPR Bus. I was somehow late and had to run after the bus despite not being a member for the trip. Afterwards, we somehow ended up at SFOG. I was all of the sudden on a TPR Trip. Then I walk-and-questioned with the GM of the Park, We walked to the back and then through an underground tunnel to the entrance. I Was late... again and got in trouble for commenting about a dirty joke that someone said. All of the sudden, We ended up at Waldameer Park at night and went through a roller coaster souvenir museum.

At this point, It got a little weird

To make it up to Elissa, She asked me to put a recipt in an envelope that was in a freezer.

Then I Woke Up.

Figure that logic out.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a funny dream last night (non-coaster-related!)

My English professor for some reason decided to come over to my house to do his work from my computer. I was watching TV in the living room when I looked at the clock and realized it was a quarter 'till 6 (my Film class with said professor is at 6 on Tues.). I was like, "I'm going to be late for class! But wait... if I'm no later than my professor, then I'm not late, right? I just need to leave when he does!" Then I saw him printing stuff and suddenly realized I hadn't written my essay, and I said to myself, "Oh no! He knows I was watching TV instead of writing my essay!" So I told him I didn't have my essay, and he said, "It's okay, you're a good student, just give me what you have." I said, "I don't have anything! I was going to write it after I finished this one show, but then I watched another show instead!"

Then my focus shifted back to getting to class on time, so I kept going out to my car only to remember something else I needed and come back in. At one point I was getting a glass of iced tea to take to class, and went back out and put it in my car, then remembered my ipod, and went back in.

Then my professor said, "It doesn't make sense to take two cars to class, let's carpool!" and I turned back around and he was sitting in my car, in the middle of the driver's and passenger's seats. And I said, "Cool! I get to drive my professor to class! This doesn't happen that often!" And last thing I remember before the dream ended (or my alarm went off) was saying, "If you want me to drive you to class, you're going to have to move over to the passenger's seat!"

I told him about the dream too, but was pretty embarrassed to admit that I dreamt about him. He just said, "Sounds like an anxiety dream!" and I said, "Only the part about the essay! The rest was pretty funny and more realistic than a lot of the dreams I have!"

• 1 month later...

I had a dream last night that I was in Japan, and I was walking the lift of an older Togo coaster with locomotive themed trains, and I was trying to safely lower the train down a maintenance ladder with my bare hands, and said train was dangling freely like a rope.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream that I was at Movieworld and that they had a Batman clone that I previously somehow didn't know about. For some reason the ride ops didn't push the ride out hard enough (in the land of dreams B&M's are human operated) and the carriage split or something. So, yeah...

I once had a strange dream of which I was at Disneyland, on a normal day. The park was not crowded at all, and, I decided to ride BTMR, since there was no wait (there were even one or two empty rows on the train). Most of the ride was normal, except for one thing. All of the tunnels were COVERED in graffiti. It will say that it was quite creepy.

One of the best dreams I ever had, though, occurred a few years ago. Yet, it was so awesome, I still remember it. Cedar Point decided to modify Blue Streak, and extended the layout to an L shape out and back. However, the difference was that they restored the old buzz bar trains, but did not add seatbelts (like the trains on Phoenix). Also, some of the existing hills were modified to have more airtime. Once I got on it, though, I realized how insane the airtime was on this dream-Blue Streak. The airtime was probably as strong as El Toro, but with restraints like on Phoenix. On some hills, I felt like I had to grab on the buzzbar to keep from flying out. Total airtime heaven!

^I try it on weekend nights, and my strategy is to repeat in your mind over and over before you fall asleep "I am dreaming". I have only tried this once, but it actually worked for me. Lucid dreaming is awesome, but it is difficult to stay asleep. Some say it helps to dream that you are spinning, in order to stay asleep.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night, I was dreaming that I was on the lift of a stand up coaster, where it e-stopped about 15 feet up the lift in front of a guy doing welding work. Then, some kittens that were being held in these small, egg shaped containers split up into three or four pieces got loose, and as I was back on the ground trying to cup one of the kittens in the containers, I accidentally sheared off half of one of its front paws. Then I woke up.

I have a lot of dreams where I'm on Bizarro @ SFNE, but it's a B&M, and it's painted it's original Superman colors. For some reason, after I go through the tunnel I reach the top of the next hill, and fly out of the train. I fall on my face and then I forget what happens.

1. Trying to get on the Tower of Terror. In this dream, I am waiting in line for the Tower of Terror ALL DAY LONG. It is just room after room. In one room, I had to watch a video on pregnancy with my pregnant mom (wtf) then I would finally be about to get on my elevator and the dream would end.

2. Weird Hulk. In this dream, I would be in line for Hulk and it would be like walking through a giant shopping mall. It was disorienting, confusing and hard to find my way through. Finally, I would make it to this dirty concrete staircase and I would just sit there with my friends and finally keep walking to get on the ride. During the ride, there was like two launches and they were very dangerous because they went through a small tunnel and nothing would hold you in.

3. Dying on the Hulk. Okay this is the scariest one. Right after being launched out of the tunnel, the track just ended and I remember seeing the people ahead of me crash and die but instead I just gently floated off and landed on this strange version of Marvel Superhero Island. I can't tell if I died or not but once in Marvel Superhero Island, people just barely acknowledged the roller coaster accident and kept walking. It was strange.

4. Strange DHS. This is the most recent. First, I would be walking on the beach and go up a wooden walkway and then all of the sudden, I'm in this weird version of Disney Hollywood Studios! The first part was cool, it was basically DCA's Tower of Terror and a new version of Rock 'N' Roller Coaster next to each other. But then, it turned weird and like a huge spread out fair,except the large grassy area in the middle was off-limits and you walked around it. There was wooden roller coaster, weird rides and concession stands. It was really strange.

A few days ago, I had a dream that I was riding my most recent No Limits creation. I was towards the back, and my sister was towards the front. Midride, my sister yelled to me, "why aren't you screaming." I responded something along the lines of, "I'd rather not, this is a dream, it's not real." My sister laughed and said, "Yes it is! Come on!" I smiled, and then let out a nice healthy, "Aaaaahhhhhhh!" ... then everything went black. I opened my eyes and realized that I had just screamed out loud in my bed. I'm so glad my roommates aren't around.

I've been having amusement park dreams more frequently than ever recently. I have a very hard time sleeping and usually wake up several times during the night so I usually have more than one dream. I've been having at least one park dream a night for the past like 10 days, and sometimes more than one a night. I hate my park dreams because I ALWAYS wake up before I can ride anything. My most recent one that I went to Hersheypark with my coasterphobic friend and I tried to get him not afraid of coasters. We started at a hotel and then went to this huge sand dune thing, which actually turned out to be a GCI coaster that I built but couldn't ride. Then we actually went to Hershey but we started in the water park, rode a few slides, and then went to Stormrunner. We got in line and right as we were about to get on I woke up.