TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dreams

I had a realistic but simplistic series of dreams set at Knoebels.

Later I dreamed I was ranting about the current state of education to my mom. Today I had to confirm with her that I did not actually bring up the topic with her. Since I hadn't, I repeated the rant in real life.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream about a month ago that honestly was pretty epic. It was like an action/thriller movie, except it was actually happening(in my dream).

I was about 20 years older and had a job at a police department. I was taking a one month vacation after I heard that a fellow officer had been killed on the job. Turns out, there was this group of killers with a hitlist killing off police officers, and, unbeknownst to me, I was next on the list. I was living in Tennessee at the time and was heading to some small ocean town in Florida (didn't think a name was specified). This faction somehow knew where I was going. My girlfriend and I are there for about three days and I get a note that says "Don't try to run, we will kill you". That was when I knew that people were after us. I go to a gun store and buy a semi-automatic Mac11. Being an expert of firearms I am able to convert it to full-auto(since it is legal for police officers to have them). I tell my girlfriend to stay in the house we are staying at while I go looking for these guys. I am walking through a parking lot and I hear something coming from across the lot, then hear something go right by my ear. I knew it was a gunshot. I take out my Mac11 and hide behind a car. I look across the lot from where I heard the shot but don't see anything. I then hear another shot from a different spot in the lot. I run around the back of the building and narrowly avoid another shot. I run to the end of the building and peek around the corner and see the shooter heading to where I ran behind the building. I shoot him in the leg, not giving him a chance to find me. I quickly move in and kick him in the head, knocking him out. Even though I'm off duty, I still have handcuffs. So I cuff him up and take him to the police station for questioning. I go back to the house and let my girlfriend know I'm home, but she doesn't say anything. I don't know where she is so I go looking for her. I find her in the bedroom closet tied up with tape over her mouth. The rest is kind of foggy and I don't really remember much about it. I swear on my life I AM NOT making this up. I am even considering finishing it and turning it into a book.

Last night I had a dream that I was writing the book about this dream.

For some reason, after visiting Legoland California, I had at least 6 dreams of it weeks later.

Also, I used to have the power to wake myself up during dreams and have some control over what I do in dreams. Sadly, I lost the "power".

In most of my dreams, there are things that show up or happen very often, things like shopping for model cars, guns, and for some reason being in a car happens a lot. Although most of the time that happens we either drive off a cliff or bridge or just crash. Another thing that happens a lot is flying. Whenever that happens it is always the same: I start running really fast and just continue to run until I lift off the ground. I also tend to have a lot of dreams about Knoebel's even though I've never been there.

^I also dream about Knoebels fairly often, and this started before my first visit there.

There are several other recurring themes and images in my dreams. Naturally, a common one is coasters. I generally have a definite feel for what coaster I'm dreaming about, even if it's drastically different from real life. My most frightening recurring dream involves driving improperly (brakeless, in the wrong lanes, etc.). I've ended up half-thinking these were real-life incidents, which is completely untrue.

My most frightening recurring dream involves driving improperly (brakeless, in the wrong lanes, etc.). I've ended up half-thinking these were real-life incidents, which is completely untrue.

That is almost exactly what I was talking about. The only difference is that in my dreams I'm almost never driving (probably because I've never driven a car in my life), but it is still terrifying. One thing that happened was that I was on my bus and someone did something they weren't supposed to and the driver got out of the seat and comes to the back of the bus but the bus is still moving. The bus drives through the guardrail and falls off a cliff and I wake up. Another thing I hate, and this is more of a bummer than anything else, is when something great is about to happen and right before it does, I wake up.

I tend to have really disappointing dreams, I remember a few where we had been planning a vacation for a long time, we were finally all ready to go, and when we got to the airport, the flight had crashed and we had to wait to fly. Then the dream ends and we never have fun. And there was one where me and my friends were at a theme park's opening gates, getting ready and pumped to go in and ride the rides, then the manager comes out and tells us that the park is closed for the day.

Sad dreams

But usually if my dream isn't disappointing, it will be really glorious adventuring and cool stuff in general.

I dream every night, and can usually remember images from them (or the gist of what happened) but most of the time they're too abstract to explain without confusing people. A lot of this is because the scenery/items in my dreams often change from moment-to-moment.

I actually have a lot of dreams about water slides even though I rarely go to water parks.

Of course I dream about coasters, but most of the time the coasters are nothing like real life, like they'll be half like a boat water ride and half like a coaster, or it will have stairs to get up to the drop rather than a lift-hill, or I'll be waiting in line for it, and when I get up to it it's actually a water slide. And if I actually get to the point where I ride the coaster, next thing I know I'll be back on the ground away from it, or floating way above it and not actually riding it, or it will just suddenly break or fly off the track and then I'll just walk away and go, "oh well."

And if I actually get to the point where I ride the coaster, next thing I know I'll be back on the ground away from it, or floating way above it and not actually riding it, or it will just suddenly break or fly off the track and then I'll just walk away and go, "oh well."

Haha, that totally happens to me! The cars usually fly off of the track and crash and burn and all me and my fellow riders think is "darn, I guess it's broken" lol. Kinda weird.

I actually don't dream about coasters TOO often, but when I do, it often involves a wreck where we're all like "oh well" haha.

Recently I had a dream that I got a ticket and didn't tell my parents and I woke up feeling guilty, went to tell them I got a ticket, and not until I was at the door did I realize I did not really get a ticket, LMAO!

That kind of stuff happens to me all the time. I can't remember specifics but I know for a fact that stuff like that has happened.

• 2 weeks later...

A frequent occurence that I have is that I'm "caught" between dreaming and being awake. Like, I "wake up" and I can see my room, and everything around, but when I try to get up it's like I'm paralyzed. I can feel myself moving but I what I see is that I'm stuck in one position. Then I realize I'm not awake yet and I panic.

I have this awful recurring dream. Although what takes place in the dream is usually different, everything in the dream feels like it's in slow-motion, and when someone talks it sounds delayed and it echos for a very long time, even if someone else starts talking.

A frequent occurence that I have is that I'm "caught" between dreaming and being awake. Like, I "wake up" and I can see my room, and everything around, but when I try to get up it's like I'm paralyzed. I can feel myself moving but I what I see is that I'm stuck in one position. Then I realize I'm not awake yet and I panic.

I had that happen the other day. I dreamed that my parents came home because their high school got a snow day (it was snowing when I went to sleep) and I thought I saw them come in and say, "Oh, you're taking a nap?" and I couldn't keep my eyes open more than just one second and I felt paralyzed and couldn't respond. When I woke up for reals, I realized it was just a dream, but it felt so real the whole time I was asleep I kept thinking I needed to wake up and say hi to them.

I had a freaky dream last night. I was in the city somewhere and pulled off to get directions to the freeway I needed from my friend to get to the freeway I wanted. Then there was this gang-banger guy who came toward me and started trying to rape me and I tried to scream for help but I couldn't make a sound. I don't think he actually completed the deed but I was completely powerless to do anything about the situation.

I think this is because I'm looking for campuses to apply to and L.A. keeps coming up with various colleges but I don't want to go to a campus down there where there's a lot of crime. I'm just a small-town girl [living in a lonely world!] and I don't want to go to a campus that's as small as the one I'm at now, but not huge and overwhelming either!

^^^I get sleep paralysis occasionally too. Usually it's quick and inconsequential, but every once in a while it's powerful enough to freak me out.

I have also experienced hypnic jerks on occasion throughout my life. Sometimes there is an actual falling scenario in my dream, but other times I only recall a light, seemingly dreamless sleep before the jolt.

Other situations I have noticed since childhood include the inability to run at full speed (this can be very frightening) and the inability to shout audibly.

Last night was a stressful dream night for me. Scenes included eerie classic dark rides, a fire, and a plane crashing in front of me. The night before, I had another dream about driving recklessly, one of my most troubling recurring themes.

^^^I get sleep paralysis occasionally too. Usually it's quick and inconsequential, but every once in a while it's powerful enough to freak me out.

I have also experienced hypnic jerks on occasion throughout my life. Sometimes there is an actual falling scenario in my dream, but other times I only recall a light, seemingly dreamless sleep before the jolt.

Other situations I have noticed since childhood include the inability to run at full speed (this can be very frightening) and the inability to shout audibly.

Same here for all of those things!

I can fly in my dreams if I remember in my dream that I can fly. Usually it only happens occasionally when a dream is getting too scary and I remember I can fly to try to get away. And sometimes I can't run, but if I flap hard enough, I can fly.

Some of my frequent recurring nightmares involve trying to hide from someone or something but no matter how great the hiding place is (and I usually find REALLY great spots) the person or thing I'm hiding from always seems to find me.

Last night I had a dream my neighbors got this new little dog, and I was watching it out front from our window. It was running really fast all over the middle of the road, and making me nervous. Cars kept speeding by and weren't stopping for it, they'd pass right over it and it was just getting so lucky. Then I looked again, and it was like something under one of the cars had caught it and ripped its skin off, and its skin was over near the side of the road, and the dog was still alive, mostly skinned, trying to move. And I sobbed everywhere.

^^I'm envious of those who can fly easily. I didn't start flying until fairly recently, and I still don't very often. And usually, either I have to "flap" to keep myself up, or I'm just in a vehicle that's flying.

Happily, however, I generally seem to feel speed and airtime on coasters, at least!

• 4 months later...

I really hate my dreams right now. There is a girl in one of my classes that I have strong feelings for and want to start a relationship with. I've been having a lot of dreams about her but the last two weren't good. In both of those dreams we were coming home from a date, but she died in a crash in both dreams. I started having those dreams on the weekend, and she hasn't been in school the first two days this week. That's making me really worried even though it probably shouldn't.

I dreamed that my family and I went on a vacation. There was a large egg hunt in a swamp and my friends and I went to my grandmas house to get snacks. She is dead now, so we went in and were rummaging through the cupboards. I peeked in her bedroom and she was asleep. I started thinking how I missed her and how my biggest regret is not going to spend the summer with her a few years ago because I thought she would die while I was visiting. She woke up as my friends got into a loud argument. When she came out of the bedroom she gave me a big hug, but her eyes were bloodshot red like when you don't sleep for many hours. She said she missed me and loved me. I woke up.