• MEXICO (rank 5)
    • USA (rank 9)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*Sigh* once again our Nations dreams are shattered by a penalty shootout. We battled so hard after we went down to 10 men (and it was no way a red card) and deserved to win. Ahh well, next time I guess

Not gonna write too much but... It shouldn't even have got to the penalties. Rooney being sent off was a total farce when some of the Portugese players got away with the stuff that they did... I doubt Ronaldo will stay at Old Trafford, if in the country, much longer. I was a little concerned about us having an Argentinian referee for the match but didn't think for a second it would be anything like that... And if Carragher hadn't had to retake that penalty and it had actually gone in... Things might have been different. *Sigh* Four more years. Maybe next time.

Well England are out so time to resume normal service but it was hard to watch. David Beckham has also stood down from being captain Thats ok I am still proud of the England Football team and will keep wearing my shirt with pride

But...there was something kind of cool about being in Europe during the World Cup. They're all INSANELY into it which was kind of entertaining.

I was in Germany for a few days, and it was great! The Word Cup creates a really fun atmosphere, I love how everyone is extremely passionate for their country! Many of the cities I went to set up huge television screens in the main squares where hundreds of people would gather to watch the matches.

Anyway, ugh, I hate Portugal and Cristiano Ronaldo. Cheated their way past two teams I was rooting for (Netherlands/England).

I'm rooting for Germany, since they're hosting, and it's always fun to win at home. I would NOT count anyone out though, especially France, and ESPECIALLY since those darn penalties could go either way.

the winner will be....

PORTUGAL!

I'm still really bummed that Australia lost to Italy.

They got a penalty (that shouldn't of been BTW) in the last few seconds! and like 2 000 000 Australian T.V's were on, which means about 4 million viwers at midnight. I hate it when FIFA hosts its world cups in Europe.

WHERE'S ITALY????

Yes,I'm Italian!

I think we didn't play very well against Australia; we have just been very lucky to get that penalty kick!

The game against Hukraine was awesome; if we play against Germany like that we have great chances to win!

I really wish to see Inzaghi on the field from the beguinning; he's one of my favourit players!

WHERE'S ITALY????

Yes,I'm Italian!

I think we didn't play very well against Australia; we have just been very lucky to get that penalty kick!

Yup. Grosso's one heck of an actor!

If things don't work out for the Azzurri this year, they can join Italy's diving team in time for the 2008 Olympics!

/I keed, I keed.

Matt

WHERE'S ITALY????

Yes,I'm Italian!

The game against Hukraine was awesome; if we play against Germany like that we have great chances to win!

I really wish to see Inzaghi on the field from the beguinning; he's one of my favourit players!

GRRRRRRR!

Summary of first-half action:

Both teams came out strong. France's defense is especially dominating, only allowing shots on goal from long distance.

France's offense, however, was lacking as Henry and Zidane seemed a bit rusty.

Midway through the half, France has a promising chance but Henry gets tripped inside the penalty box. France gets a penalty kick for this offense. Zidane takes it versus Ricardo, who stopped nearly all of England's penalty kicks to decide the last game.

ZIDANE SCORES! FRANCE 1-0.

After this point, Portugal, who've never trailed in the World Cup, lose their nerve. They start protesting with the ref every time the lose the ball and start hard-fouling France every time they have the ball. France's defense is in lockdown mode, although Bartez in goal is still a wildcard. It's a wonder no cards have been given to Portugal yet.

My prediction is France 2-0.

Matt