TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any ideas for the next official TPR trip floating around?

LOL!! You just gave me an awesome mental image of you, half asleep, still slightly hung-over, walking swiftly to the bus because you can't quite coordinate oneself to run full-speed, all in an effort to get to the bus on time and not be left behind, only to get on the bus to find the lone remaining open seat next to Barry, upon the discovery of which you let out a huge sigh.

LMAO!! As hilarious an image as that is, for the ninetieth time, not once did I have a hangover! ::twisted:: I was pretty much half-asleep walking to the bus every day though, although I was only late once, due to my watch being slightly off from changing it on the plane. Replace the name "Barry" with "Jeff".... (Only kidding old man.)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely be interested in the Mid-West trip, although I don't know if Robb and Elissa can top the amazing ERT we had on Balder (and that other Intamin ride that nobody seemed to notice). Keep in mind that those of us on the UK trip do get first dibs though.

If not - a fight to the death.

Then I have to get that Industrial strength Meat Slicer from the Hus & Hem wheel at Liseberg.

Since I started to learn Japanese and while watching the TPR Japan trips I have my urge to go to Japan has increased.

Keep in mind that those of us on the UK trip do get first dibs though.

True. However it's highly unlikely that all of us will take up all of the spots on any of the trips. There should be plenty of spots left open for newcomers.

Myself for example won't be doing the midwest as I did that last year, and won't be able to do Japan due to it's length and cost. So Spain seems most likely for me.

^You may have more use for your Spanish in Van Nuys, Derek. Hell, it could come in handy in Williamsburg nowadays.

I'm seriously considering the Midwest trip--esp. for Cedar Point.

I've got my heart set on that mid west trip now I have an idea of what parks are being covered. I thought about doing Japan as well but I'll have to go there in the future for other things so I might as well do that later and Rabid Disney wants to go on Japan to do our Ozcoaster coverage thing, and I'll cover the mid west for ozcoaster if I manage to get a spot.

Look, no offense, but y'all will suck if the minimum age limit is 18 for the Midwest trip. I WILL KILL ANYONE FOR A SPOT! OR TO HAVE THE AGE LIMIT 16!

God, I really looked forward to 07' but now it's like.....

I'm not sure too......argh......age limit is 18.....boo.....*goes into a corner and cries uncontrollably*

While I don't think I'd be able to be a member of the full trip, would it be possible to meet up with you guys for just one of the days you're in the park?

I think Robb said earlier in this thread.

You're welcome to meet up with the group on the day of their visit at said park.

BUT

You CAN NOT participate in special events/ERT made for TPR members that have paid for their trips.

Just thought of a few side-trips for extra coaster credits on the Midwest: Wyandot and Coney Island. I think we should stop at Coney anyway, because admission is only $20 ($10 after 4) and has some good bumper cars/boats, along with a nice assortment of spinny rides and a credit.

you can have the utmost confidence that R&E will do what is best and coordiante side trips if possible. they know what they are doing. you must keep in mind that while sidetrips at late night reduced prices sounds good this is also the time that ERT will be most likely be available and that will be a big perk on all TPR tours.

OMG

I just realized earlier today - that my David and me will be touring Paris and Amsterdam from late April into...May?

That said, hmmm. Wait for the dates of the Spain trip, then could adjust with travel time allowed from Amsterdam or Paris to Spain.

Hmmm.

Ooo! Ooo! This and Japan, too probably!!!

And also, on future trips, I'll be starting a Sad And Pathetic People Sat Mostly In Middle Of The Bus Or Wherever The Hell Is Free By The Time I Get Out Of Bed Club.

Mary and I would qualify for that club. Though we are hardly sad & pathetic, in fact we are quite cool. Well, Mary is, anyway...

dt

My undestanding of what Robb said was that you got first dibs on the bus. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but that is what it came through for me. Seriously, I can't wait for the Mid-West trip next year.

---Brent

My undestanding of what Robb said was that you got first dibs on the bus. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but that is what it came through for me. Seriously, I can't wait for the Mid-West trip next year.

---Brent

I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, they have first dibs on the bus = first dibs on going on the trips.

Basically, we felt that since this was our first effort like this, the people who were willing to take the chance and do our trip deserve a shot at going on the next one. That same courtesty will be offered to those people who on our next trips, etc, etc....

--Robb

All three trips look quite fun.

Unfortunately, my wife and I have a ton of trips scheduled for next year already:

Skiing in early Jan.

Jamaica or Mexico in Mar.

NYC in May (She's a theatre teacher and takes a group).

Gatlinburg in July (Dollywood, SFOG, and such).

WDW in October.

Hmm... I was going to go to NYC with her but I've been numerous times and I'm not fond of being around a couple-dozen middle school kids. She has to work starting in early August but I should be able to do the Midwest trip with TPR, provided there's a space. I really wish she could come and that we were available for Spain as we've never been, but it's probably for the better as she'd probably want to do the full tourist thing, not the bus-park-bus-park thing.

On the other hand, I was saving up a ton of money for a new computer next year. I could always blow it all on trips.

Matt

---Brent

I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, they have first dibs on the bus = first dibs on going on the trips.

Basically, we felt that since this was our first effort like this, the people who were willing to take the chance and do our trip deserve a shot at going on the next one. That same courtesty will be offered to those people who on our next trips, etc, etc....

--Robb

First dibs on the trip, last dibs on Dippin dots flavor was how I understood it.

Matt