TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR 2006 UK Tour" Thread!

^ It's all cool Martyn.

The trip was first come, first served - and first with the downpayment, etc. No matter where you lived or were living, UK or elsewhere.

And having a few Brits on the tour, provided some good immediate travel information when and where needed. Unless they had no clue themself, hee hee.

Also, a few good laughs too - LOU I LOVE YOU!!! (But not in 'that way', hmm?)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys, I'm Sam Worthington and I work at Alton Towers on the ride that you all loved, Nemesis [... ] Hope you all enjoyed your stay at Alton Towers and hope to see you guys back soon.

Oh, we did! Alton Towers was a real highlight of the trip for me, and Nemesis was probably my favorite ride. Thanks for running it so well!

Cameron (yeah, I'm an ass-kisser - deal with it!) Silver.

Why thankyou, we do our best, staff rides in the morning and after the ride has finished is well worth the effort. Come back during halloween time and see what we have planned for Duel, more on that when we get the information on friday.

^I share Cameron's sentiments here, Sam. Nemesis was my favorite coaster in the UK. And Duel was an excellent shoot-em-up dark ride (would love to be there for Halloween, but it's not in the cards this year).

I'll third that, Nemesis is still my favorite coaster in the UK, and I'm really impressed with Duel. Usually when a classic haunted house gets rethemed with shooting stuff, it takes a turn for the worse, but in this case it actually kept a lot of the old stuff and made the ride more fun and interactive. Oh, and the guns actually fired where I told them to, unlike most Sally rides.

^ You and me both.

Barry, don't take it personally, the fact that you're mentioned is a compliment in itself. You were a great sport on the trip and always laughed if Robb or whoever made jokes about you. Take it to mean that, shock horror, people may actually kinda like you!

OK, why am I always picked on in these UK updates?

Why do you always sound like a child molester when you ask questions on your videos? Example: (in a low voice) Answer and I'll give you candy. Where are we today? What ride is this?

OK - maybe the "Answer and I'll give you candy" part is embellished

Don't feel bad, Barry, I feel like a dirty whore after reading some of the captions under pictures of me on the updates

I'll preface this by saying I don't believe you are one, Nicole. But, yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb with this one and say that having your breasteses grabbed on numerous occasions for 12,000+ worldwide members to see over the last 6months probably didn't help matters any as far as impressions go.

It's cool that you can laugh about it though.....that's more than most could do.

Scott "I'm just sayin'" B.

having your breasteses grabbed on numerous occasions for 12,000+ worldwide members to see over the last 6months probably didn't help matters any as far as impressions go.

You should see what we *didn't* capture on film.. !

Cameron.

say that having your breasteses grabbed on numerous occasions for 12,000+ worldwide members to see over the last 6months probably didn't help matters any as far as impressions go

12,000?!? And I STILL did not get the credit?!? Dammit...

dt

You should see what we *didn't* capture on film.. !

Which makes that remark all the more intriguing and redundant at the same time, LOLOL!

Yes, there are only memories now, with which we will remember those 'Choice UK Tour Moments'. Ones we will never forget...

(...no matter how hard we try to.)

^ Not to make you feel worse or anything, but now that I look closer, that number is actually 14,000+.

Yeah, well, most of the time I didn't really have a choice. I would pull Derek's hands away but by then it was too late.

Beemerboy, go to hell.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/uk2006/flamingoland/flamingo58.jpg

Does anybody know why they would put these flatrides no only in the same park, but right next to each other. It's the same priciple of motion just one on a swing, and one on a track.

If you're talking about the Disk-O and the Evolution, the Evolution does not spin the same way a Disk-O does. It moves very slowly and deliberately, whereas the Disk-O moves quicker and more freely. The rides feel totally different.

I told Dave he could grab Nicole, but he just wanted to put an ax in her skull. Maybe at PPP, Dave. Of course, I also still owe you a beer.

As for putting Disk-O and Evolution right next to each other, they are two totally different rides. Evolution was slow, painful, and pointless, whereas Disk-O was actually spinning nicely, somewhat comfortable, and fun. It left me able to ride again, where Evolution left me wanting off before the cycle even started. The duct tape on the restraints didn't help either, but the random pair of dirty bloomers under the ride were pretty entertaining.

^ Not to make you feel worse or anything, but now that I look closer, that number is actually 14,000+.

Yeah, well, most of the time I didn't really have a choice. I would pull Derek's hands away but by then it was too late.

Beemerboy, go to hell.

Nicole, just teach them a lesson, the next time you're on a trip with them, and they're sleeping, antique them or something. Then they'll stop messing with you...

14,000+? Dayum.