TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR 2006 UK Tour" Thread!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW - The gas conversion comes to $3.63 a gallon. (3.7854L/Gal)

Hey dumbass, you have to convert pounds to dollars and THEN do the L/Gal conversion!!!!

--Robb "So it would be £3.63 per gallon...." Alvey

Hello guys, I'm Sam Worthington and I work at Alton Towers on the ride that you all loved, Nemesis, I also operate the Blade, and host on Duel and the Congo River Rapids. Hope you all enjoyed your stay at Alton Towers and hope to see you guys back soon.

That's pretty good spelling for being piss drunk.

Cheers eh! It's the darndest thing that. Seems the more blotto I get, the better my spelling becomes. I'm anxiously awaiting the Lush Lout's Spelling Bee to come about. I'm a shoe-in I reckon!

Oh good lord, you'd think I'd know better than to post something (especially my first post here) when I'm piss drunk.

Drunk at 7 in the morning? Are you originally from Ireland??

Ha, that's a good one! Nope, half Dutch, half Indonesian, which is a bit odd seeing as how many Asians don't have the enzyme in their innards for breaking down alcohol as is the case with my siblings. Must be the Dutch half since I seem to be able to take anything people do for "shits and giggles" without too much recourse. (I don't think my time zone is registered correctly, btw)

Excellent updates, even if you are taking jabs at joe and I like his comments. Those portable Schwarzkopfs look like so much fun in a small package!

Well, time for fireworks and more BOOZE! Have a fun 4th everyone, and I swear I'll have my mate hide the keyboard this time so there's no way you'll be subjected to my idiotic, drunken bastard rantings and ravings.

BTW - The gas conversion comes to $3.63 a gallon. (3.7854L/Gal)

Hey dumbass, you have to convert pounds to dollars and THEN do the L/Gal conversion!!!!

--Robb "So it would be £3.63 per gallon...." Alvey

Whoops!

JJ

(aka Stupid lonely "Dumbass")

Quick question Lou, where you a part of the officical UK trip?

Yes. How would I have been on the bus, in the hotels and at every park, otherwise?!?!

Another great update Robb.

Jow, if it's any comfort, the Schwarzkopf, for me, was.... Meh! Kind of a bizarre little ride, much slower than it felt like it should have been. Making you feel any better? No?

Quick question Lou, where you a part of the officical UK trip?

Yes. How would I have been on the bus, in the hotels and at every park, otherwise?!?!

Because your brittish???

Colin"Just a guess"C

Yes Colin, they had a seat on the bus reserved and hotel reservations for each British TPR member, just in case we felt like tagging along.

For the record, I told Joe today how bad all the Schwarzkopf's were on the UK trip (and Add-on) before I was punched in the face by a female line cutter I confronted waiting for Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFGAdv.

The two events were unrelated.

Its just, I was going to sign up for this trip, but I live in England and I thought it would be out of order of me to be a part of this UK trip as I live in the UK & visit these parks on a regular basis and I could taking a place that someone from America wanted.

Maybe Pleasurewood Hills is trying to reinvent themselves, but they haven't got the money to do so

Pleasurewood Hills is are owned by Grevin & Cie, who also own Parc Asterix, Walibi World & 16 other parks throught Europe, they are far from having any money problems, they are currently in them middle of re-furbishing the park.

Its just, I was going to sign up for this trip, but I live in England and I thought it would be out of order of me to be a part of this UK trip as I live in the UK & visit these parks on a regular basis and I could taking a place that someone from America wanted.

Not at all! TPR is not an "American" theme park site as we have a large percentage of members from all over the world. While we might be based in the US, that's not the home of many of our users. The UK trip had members from the US, Canada, Australia, UK, and Japan. (and originally Germany too!)

Ok, thanks for that Elissa, but I would still feel bad about my self if there was some people on the other side of the planet who really wanted to visit the UK, and took the last place and I live in the UK. Do you see what I mean?

-Martyn

^ I see...

Anyway, great photos, funny captions as usual , I haven't heard much about this park, so it was nice to see how it looks like.

I think that the Cannonball Express/Enigma/Joe's another missed Schwarzkopf's trains look quite exactly like Lisebergbanan's, except for their length.

Looking forward to the next updates.

Ok, thanks for that Elissa, but I would still feel bad about my self if there was some people on the other side of the planet who really wanted to visit the UK, and took the last place and I live in the UK. Do you see what I mean?

-Martyn

As a member of the UK trip there is no way anyone felt that Lou took the spot away from someone on the "other side of the planet". Lou absolutely rocked on the trip and was one of the reasons it was so fun.

Second Martyn if your theory is applied to any US trips, does that mean none of us should go so as to not take a spot from other people.

IMO first people who want to go and who are able is who should go, no matter where they call home.

Rich "friend of Lou not a fanboy" Bitner

^ Aww, thank you Rich, and Elissa, but it's okay, he's entitled to his opinion, and maybe he's right. *shrug* My situation is very different to yours Martin, because I don't drive, the majority of these parks are difficult for me to get to without an organised trip or without dragging some unsuspecting friend into the equation to drive me. I saw the opportunity, had the money, and took it. I'm sorry if anybody else feels I should not have done.

^ You do what you need to, Lou. Nobody has been complaining about not being able to go on the trip because it was full as far as I've seen. Every other reason, money, prior commitments, age, but I don't think it's a big deal. I'm glad everyone had fun, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next update. Poor Joe .

-James "no coasters until engagement ring is paid for" Dillaman

-Martyn

Not really, to be honest. There is no reason why someone shouldn't attend one of our trips based on where they live in relation to where the trip is taking place. I'm not really sure how to explain it further.

--Robb

Hello guys, I'm Sam Worthington and I work at Alton Towers on the ride that you all loved, Nemesis [... ] Hope you all enjoyed your stay at Alton Towers and hope to see you guys back soon.

Oh, we did! Alton Towers was a real highlight of the trip for me, and Nemesis was probably my favorite ride. Thanks for running it so well!

Cameron (yeah, I'm an ass-kisser - deal with it!) Silver.

Ok, I seem to have peed alot of people off with what I've said, just forget I said anthing.

I wasn't having a go at you Lou in anyway.

I'm sorry if anybody else feels I should not have gone.

No, no, no, you've the wrong idea, I'm not saying you shouldn't have gone, no way.

You all seem to have the wrong end of the stick.

Robb, Elissa, Lou, James, Rich, I'm sorry.