TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR 2006 UK Tour" Thread!

I thought that Toad Hole was the best ride ever that featured a talking rubber mask on a stick. Stick yer animatronics up yer Toad Hole, Disney!

Holy crap I'd forgotten about that mask! I believe it was John and Paul who laughed hysterically at me when I screamed in terror.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG it was the funniest thing I think I saw the whole trip! If the cave had been any lower, Lou would have jumped right into the ceiling!

Image a really bad, old, worn Halloween mask glued to a stick that just pops up (slowly) next to the first row of the boat. Before I can think WTF? Lou looks over, screams and jumps about four feet in the air.

Classic.

I'm still peeved that there are so few photos of the old BPB virginia reel around, and it would be a shame if the same was true of the flume.

Holy Craps! BPB had a Virgina Reel? and they took it down?? i'm way bummed about this, and i didn't even now about it before hand! Does anyone know where or if there is still an operating one anywhere?

^^ That is not a Virginia Reel, no way, thats not even a coaster.

Well that's new this year! They only had it on the Big Log Flume last year.

For the last 3 years I have been to BPB there has been someone with a kind of hoover sucking the water out of the boats on Valhalla, they don't do a very good job of it though.

-Martyn

^ Well, they did what they could in the time allotted, before re-loading the boat, and launching it, etc.

I was very impressed that they even had this kind of 'thing' available and being used - the water vac, I mean. At Valhalla.

^ Well us Brits are known for our common sense... Apparantly.

Also quick question, at Oakwood did they have the Tea-Tray waterfall ride that you shoot over water on? I keep hearing from different people that it was closed or it was open?

I really want to know as i'll be there in a week and a day Speeeeed and Tea-Trays. The two rides i'm looking forward to most haha.

It was open.

A valiant attempt was made in saving my "Voyage" hat while riding. Only problem was, that it was at the expense of the rest of my body getting wet, as I ate it pretty good.

I'm a loser.

JJ

Also quick question, at Oakwood did they have the Tea-Tray waterfall ride that you shoot over water on? I keep hearing from different people that it was closed or it was open?

Hi Ed! They were open, Anthony (CoasterCrazy) amongst others got a couple of pics:

And yeah, Jeff totally lost. That's me in the background brushing off the two drops of water I got on me.

Bullet looked cool! I hope it doesn't turn into scrap metal. Nice Flamingoland Pics, I wanna ride an SLC with a ZeroG Roll! Kumali will get rougher over the years though!

Flamingoland Photos have been posted!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/uk2006/flamingoland/flamingoland1.htm

Some random notes:

- Is Kumlai as smooth as a baby's bottom? Read on to find out!

- Flamingoland really IS the "Vekomaland" of the UK

- I didn't miss the Schwartzkopf's (Ok, I missed the Bullet a little....)

- Elissa's Ass Bruise...it's in the update! Seriously!!!

Today, we are HERE!!!

It's a good thing Flamingoland doesn't tolerate Anti-Social behavior otherwise we'd be banned IMMEDIATELY!

Big Mike is all "Velocity is good for the biceps!"

Duuuude....Pound it on the Booster Bike!

"OMG!!! What is that huge creature up there?!?!?!" "Oh, wait...it's just Robb!"

Is it as smooth as a baby's bottom? Check the update to find out!

Oh! Here's where Joe would have spent his birthday!

Hey Joe, how's it going?

TPR Members in the jungle!

And now....Elissa's ASS BRUISE!!!!

Well, we'll at least show you what CAUSED the ass bruise, but if you want to see the actual ass bruise, check out the update!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/uk2006/flamingoland/flamingoland1.htm

Enjoy!

--Robb

Oi,

indulged in the tipple, and way off me pickle, so do forgive mates.

CORR BLIMEY, it's good to see you lot getting a taste of English other than septic yankee speak. Yobbo, bogan, chav, Kevin Bloody Wilson, wot you reckon? Spending my time here in the states, and I can understand everything people spew at me, yet I have to constantly answer to "WHAT?" I just don't get how anti-global citizens here are. I bet Lou understood all yer speak, yet she probably had to decipher heaps for you, and you still made judgements.

Anywho, good on ya for having the gaul to explore and enjoy. Looks like you set up a right crackin' trip, and heaps o' fun was had by all. Much bonding went on apparently, much like a scientology retreat, or maybe even boy scouts and brownies in the woods weekend (tee hee hee). Cherish the bonds you've made; it's the only way this fucking world is going to see it past the next century. I'm gagging for a go on Speed; looks like a right corker, that one! And from what I gather, if you want to know the meaning of yob, just have a look at Derrick, that says it all, (Aye, just taking the piss mate, no worries, eh?)

Hogfire Pignuts McCunty Twat Fink