TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR 2006 UK Tour" Thread!

Lightwater Valley pics have been posted!!!!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/uk2006/lightwater/lightwater1.htm

Random notes:

- The Ultimate - It hurts, it's insane, and I don't know why, but I like it!

- Skate Karts - Easily the most fun ride in the park that everyone seems to miss!

- Why is it all the men pee on the women in this park???

- Random areas of grass - Well, that's what this park is made up of!!!

- Don't drink the water

Here's some pics:

Woodie or steelie? Does it matter? All I know is that this ride will F**K YOU UP!!!!!

Right there is where the crazieness begins.

"Bring out your dead!"

The "RAT RIDE!!!!" Elissa's all "Yeah, baby...the Rat Ride!"

"Keep going boys. No time for a hot male threesome in the stairwell."

"How the hell is she beating me?!?!"

"Mommy, why are these scary creepy people performing bizarre hand slapping rituals?"

"I can no longer feel the lower part of my torso!"

SKLOOOSH!!!! OMG!!!

Oh, yeah...we forgot to tell you.......

Anyway, the rest of the pics and stuff are here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/uk2006/lightwater/lightwater1.htm

Enjoy!

--Robb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen video of The Ultimate before!! It is amasing how skitzo or bi-polar that ride is!!

It's a bit of a fun jaunt through the country side dodging wildlife.... then it's a slower then a snail crawling through salt lift + turn...... then it has now turned into Mr. Hide or the tasmanian devil tearing thru the trees.... then it's now another jolly romp through the country side with a few turns and tunnels dodging even more wild life then the end mini lift!!

But for first time riders when those evil banked turns of death come, I am sure it is was a shock to you concidering how the first part of coaster fooled you into thinking it was gona be some mild terrain coaster through the woods and contryside!!

The Ultimate was sorta fun... And sorta scary... And REALLY hurt me... I still have no opinion on it. Too confused.

I'd forgotten about all the fighting with Ryan that day... Random fact: Robb runs REALLY fast for somebody his size, I was shocked!

And you guys weren't QUITE the only people to do the skatecart thing, I watched Chris, the Aussies, Paul, John, and Dan do it, hoping that one of them might stack it and be horribly maimed, but unfortunately they all made it. Although I think Chris did give up on the last turn and walk the rest of the way because he couldn't get his cart to move or something.

EDIT: Dead photos, will put back up later.

And you guys weren't QUITE the only people to do the skatecart thing, I watched Chris, the Aussies, John, and Dan do it, hoping that one of them might stack it and be horribly maimed, but unfortunately they all made it. Although I think Chris did give up on the last turn and walk the rest of the way because he couldn't get his cart to move or something.

Psst I was there too.

In fact I remember having my life flash before my eyes when I spun sideways and almost got t-boned by Dan.

Those karts were fun, but a pain in the ass to get going when you stall.

^ Very true, that 'track' isn't long enough or steep enough, but then again you can still pick up some pace if you choose the right 'Skatekart' thingy, some of them have very tight wheels, so its pretty boring, but some of them go zoom zoom zoom, which is quite scary as I would nearly fly off at every corner, such good fun though!

Psst I was there too.

In fact I remember having my life flash before my eyes when I spun sideways and almost got t-boned by Dan.

Those karts were fun, but a pain in the ass to get going when you stall.

Edited accordingly, sorry Paul! I didn't remember John was there either until I looked at the photos! I'm pretty sure that was the day after Clint and I stayed up in the bar all night instead of going to bed, the whole morning is a little fuzzy...

Yeah, I think that's the probolem Chris was having, he stalled and then couldn't get enough momentum going again to finish the course. Looked like fun though. If I'd had the energy and hadn't already had 436 bruises I would've liked to do it!

And you guys weren't QUITE the only people to do the skatecart thing, I watched Chris, the Aussies, Paul, John, and Dan do it, hoping that one of them might stack it and be horribly maimed, but unfortunately they all made it. Although I think Chris did give up on the last turn and walk the rest of the way because he couldn't get his cart to move or something.

Coming around the final corner...

Photo finish between Aussie A$$hole Number One and the Diabetic. Both unharmed. Damn it.

Ohh! Please post the skate kart photos!!! Seriously, I'm glad you guys did those. We were telling people about it and everyone was like "What?!? We didn't even know they were there!"

In 2002 I really think I did permanent damage, but this year I rocked on them!

--Robb

I agree that everyone should ride The Ultimate at least once; truly, it is the Jeckyll and Hyde of coasters. I actually braved it twice; that is, after I got some feeling back in my right hand after bashing my elbow on my first ride.

Note--the back of the train is more enjoyable than the front.

I agree that everyone should ride The Ultimate at least once.

True, its such a strange coaster, so very brutal, yet so very nice.

I'm surprised they they don't need new trains every month for it, I think the trains take the most beating.

-Martyn

See, the thing was, that they gave us these meal vouchers. But what they didn't tell us was that they were good in only one place in the park and that was at the Munch hole back at the entrance.

We were at the back of the park. We were hungry.

^They said they were only good for a hamburger or hot dog, but it turns out you could use it for anything at that place!

Robb and I got 6 donuts, crisps, and a drink each! Sometimes you just gotta ask!

I know some people got those frozen drinks and other random candy and stuff too!

and they were only good for a hamburger...which was really and old discarded tire.

A tire that had spent a thousand years in the sun and used as a nest by vultures would have ended up tasting better than that "hamburger". Like Derek said, that was the worst food we encountered on the trip.

And I wisely did not do those skate things. Much to the disappointment of all, I'm sure.

Dave "UK trip injury free!" Thomas