TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR 2006 UK Tour" Thread!

Aww why does America have to be so strict, that wheel of doom thing looks insane! What other crazy flats did they have in that fun house? And Cyclone's lift looks like every coaster at CP's lift! Im glad the trip was fun, and I want to know how Thunderbird is!

Colin C

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Mike, my first impressions after reading the update were "wow that fun house is pretty effed up", "geez, I wonder who's plate was already empty when everyone else still had tons of food left" and "OMG looks like Loo had one hell of a night upon her return to her hometown"

Now that the official trip and add-on are over, I'd imagine its only a matter of time before we see tons of pics.

- Joe

Whee! Love the update! I'm living for these updates! My daughter Melanie and her husband Rich are on this trip and it looks like their having the time of their lives!

The Wheel is awsome! When I was a kid there was one at the fun house at Silver Beach in Saint Joseph, Michigan. (Yeh,I'm old.) My mom would never let me go on it because I'd "get hurt". It's good to know there is still one in action and that my daughter got to go on one. (Hey, Melanie, Grandma says "You'll get hurt!")

The coasters are incredible. I'm keeping a barf bag next to my computer because even the pictures make me want to hurl. I'm just don't have a coaster-friendly body. (I'm built for comfort, not for speed.) And I don't know where my daughter inherited her love of coasters. I think it might be because there was no life guard on duty at the gene pool and she dove right off the deep end. I ended up with a left-handed coaster crazed kid. It laid dormant until she married Rich, and now I have nightmares of red headed grandchildren named Air, Cyclone, and don't forget the baby, Nemisis.(We'll call her "Sissy" for short.)

Great photos. Looking forward to more soon.

Thanks, Robb and Elissa, for letting me come along without leaving home!

Be safe. Have FUN!!!!

The worst thing of all though was seeing the Mistral (Flying Scooters) in a worse state than they were a few months ago. After Knoebels this set is the next best set in the world and had they been running this year I'd have had a season pass just to go ride them!

The TPR guys have been deprived of the most fantastic snappers in the business and it's truly a shame. Check this link to see what I mean http://bluebuzzards.com/video/displayteam.mpg (46mb so watch out)

For those who haven't heard they've been decomissioned until someone can retrofit a backup braking system.

Robb where does she get all that energy?

I bet you don`t feel like this, do you?

I think I better re-phase that!

I bet you don`t feel as energetic as Elissa in this pic do you?

southport16.jpg.46b3abde34363fab01fe94ea0ccfd540.jpg

....Whatever Elissa`s on I`ll have a pint, second thoughts put me on a drip.

Oh my god. "...when he suddenly discovers he has a penis!"

You never cease to amaze me.

Geez, poor Elissa all these years. Makes you wonder what she married Robb for, if it wasn't "the goodz."

http://www.themeparkreview.com/uk2006/southport/southport42.jpg

Lucky Robb.

Anyway, fun update. You've got to make more "Barry filming EVERYTHING" jokes. Cuz he's like me at a theme park: camera permanently attached to hand. Can't wait for the next one!

Just seen Ted's pics of the trip, and I'm very glad to see Robb's lipstick cam on the front of the Ultimate, can't wait to see the POV of the worlds most violent/brutal/vicious coaster, I don't even want to imagine what it was like with over head restraints, I'm surprised they don't require new trains every week, after the second lift-hill all I could hear was bits of the train falling off. I hope LWV don't get rid of it, its a coaster masterpiece.

Did you know the second part of the ride was designed and built by British Rail engineers.

-Martyn

^ Martinb, the Ultimate was a nightmare with OTSRs (especially since I was so small at the time)...luckily they had quite soft padding, but the section through the trees was still like being beaten up by someone twice your size and this was only a few months after it opened. It didn't stop me riding though...it may be violent but its kinda fun

Just seen Ted's pics of the trip, and I'm very glad to see Robb's lipstick cam on the front of the Ultimate, can't wait to see the POV of the worlds most violent/brutal/vicious coaster, I don't even want to imagine what it was like with over head restraints, I'm surprised they don't require new trains every week, after the second lift-hill all I could hear was bits of the train falling off. I hope LWV don't get rid of it, its a coaster masterpiece.

Did you know the second part of the ride was designed and built by British Rail engineers.

-Martyn

I rode The Ultimate a few weeks ago and I was shocked just how violent it was after the second hill. OMG it was so brutal and it doesn't matter where you sit in the mega long trains, it's ALL brutal. I can safely say I won't need to ride tha one again in my lifetime. I'm really curious what the TPR trip members thought of it ??

it may be violent but its kinda fun

Here, hear. The way that the second half of the ride throws you about your seat and gives that feeling of being flung out at any given moment is what makes it so great (yeah, I love crazy laterals!). Certainly a wake up call after the mediocre first half where there train almost grinds to a halt before engaging with the second lift hill. It's as though the ride has suddenly taken a large dosage of steroids.

Unfortunatly the excellent second section of The Ultimate is not enough to draw me back to Lightwater Valley anytime soon. There's just nothing else there that warrants a return visit. Shame really, as the park has bags of potential. Hopefully Flamingoland's bout of heavy investment will make LWV wake up and smell the bacon. Wishful thinking though me-thinks.

Rumour has it that the Ultimate is being torn down soon and all that land is going to become a caravan park!

-Martyn

There'll be no point going there if that goes.. although to be honest I wouldn't want to ride that thing again.. I don't mind a rough woodie now and then (ooo err) but the ultimate is beyond anything else (even Viper @ SFGAdv or Cyclone @ Dreamworld)

Martin

Just got home, am miserable, bored, and lonely already, just want to add a few thoughts:

Trip was so awesome for three reasons: 1) Robb and Elissa putting vast amounts of effort into ensuring everybody had a great time and got to do everything they wanted to, many thanks and much love guys; 2) the parks doing so much for us with ERT and other stuff and making us feel so welcome (kinda linked to 1 as I'm sure some of the stuff they did was because Robb and Elissa are so popular and well-respected); and 3) the insanely fun bunch of people. I'm kinda tired, covered in bruises (trying to cram 6 people into scramblers, waltzers, log flumes, etc etc, not a great idea) and this house is way too freaking quiet, but it was TOTALLY worth it.

Also, I did not have a hangover ONCE on this trip, everybody stop implying I'm some kind of alcoholic, I think you're getting me confused with the Aussies. Not sure what's going on with my face in the Southport update, probably just tired, that morning felt really early for some reason if I remember correctly.

I miss my Aussie bitches, Ryan is the dude, only two lifts allowed, "we don't have to ride with you"... Looking forward to seeing everybody's pictures and the rest of the updates.