TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR 2006 UK Tour" Thread!

The thing that's funny about this, is that Drayton residents and Alton residents should learn from Sandusky, Ohio citizens. They have a Fudging line to CP going through their city sometimes, not saying it happened, but as an example. They can't hear the park, but 75-85% of their traffic is for the Park!!! and 40-50% of the town is CP employees that work at CP year round!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^A bad policy is a bad policy, no matter the reason.

sorry but how can that be!!! the parks over here are under some really stict rulings by the courts and have to do everything they can to adhere to these rulings. Alton and Drayton in particular.

Am sure Drayton would rather have people screaming there heads off than having to impose rulings that have been dealt out of a court of law.

They recently lost a court case brought by a neighbour to the park over noise generated by the Enterprise ride, and were forced to remove it. They have decided to adopt policies which should, with luck, avoid pissing off the neighbours even more.

IMHO it would serve Robb well (and whoever else is writing photo captions) to look into the reason for a policy before tearing it apart. Just my 0.02 euro...

All I read was "Jolly jolly jolly us Brits have brooms shoved up our asses jolly jolly"

- Joe

Like I said before them signs are just there to show the locals that they are doing sometihng to reduce noise, they're not actually going to throw you out for screaming.

Even though it gives the park a vey bad image, especially to people who haven't been before and think the rule is for real. If I wasn't an entusiast and I had never been to Drayton Manor and heard about these signs, it would definetly put me off going.

The really strange thing is that the same thing happened at Alton Towers BUT they put signs up saying "SCREAM, SHOUT your at ALTON TOWERS!!!

-Martyn

^^I could care less if the park closes. And the guests certainly don't care about some lawsuit if those rules put a damper on their day.

But there are more important things to discuss here...like why Robb and Elissa suck for still not posting any updates!

Hi to all you guys hitting the parks in the UK,

after seeing all the great photos from your trip it`s even harder to think about my decision not to join you because of the world cup here in germany - but hey - we`ll never get the world cup again in the next thirty years or so.

So Robb, thanks for all the hard work on updating this forum with your trip photos, I know this is such a hard work every evening after a day at the park (we did the same two months ago in our german forum with our japan trip and man it was real work).

I`m sure me and my wife will be able to join on one of your next trips, because the next world cup will be 2010.

So I`m really looking forward for the next pictures - but take your time and enjoy your "holiday"!

Greetinx

Andy

I Should think Robb & Elissa are knackered trying to keep 54 TPR members & the roadshow on track for 10 days

I spent one day with them and I was knackered!

"Don`t Panic" everyone the updates will come.

eee.jpg.3a97ba038641b1c82703a50b75c6071a.jpg

Just remember Robb has to feed this lot by spoon every night & then put them all to bed

I think Robb will have Southport up tonight or tomorrow. He was working on that up date on the bus for like 4+ hours today!

Between R&E, they take hundreds of photos every day and have to select the ones that best sum up the day's experiences, are funny, look good, etc. Then crop, rotate, resize, as necessary, insert them into the pages, think up captions, and upload them.

And that's all while riding herd on 40-50 freaks, dealing with hotels, parks and coaches!

The updates will come, be patient!

and 40-50% of the town is CP employees that work at CP year round!!!

26,977 is what the US census lists as Sandusky's 2004 population. Does CP really have that many year round employees? We're talking like 13,000 people here.

I wouldnt be surprised. You figure there's like, 50 rides or so there, so thats like, 2 or 3 ops times 2 or 3 shifts a day. And then the upkeep for sweeping and cleaning. Gardeners. Resteraunts, games and shops. Hotels lobby staffs, room staffs, backroom staffs. And then other assorted jobs at the water park? I wouldnt be surprised if it topped over 10k.

I think Robb will have Southport up tonight or tomorrow. He was working on that up date on the bus for like 4+ hours today!

Between R&E, they take hundreds of photos every day and have to select the ones that best sum up the day's experiences, are funny, look good, etc. Then crop, rotate, resize, as necessary, insert them into the pages, think up captions, and upload them.

And that's all while riding herd on 40-50 freaks, dealing with hotels, parks and coaches!

The updates will come, be patient!

hi.

im kris, the guy at pleasureland who was trying to get the wild cat open in time before you left but failed!!.....sorry . hehe

hope y'all having a good time in 'jolly old england' ...the fun house wheel hasnt been the same since last week!! hehe

looking foward to the next update, hope it isnt to, um, brutal! :-P

taz

I wouldnt be surprised. You figure there's like, 50 rides or so there, so thats like, 2 or 3 ops times 2 or 3 shifts a day. And then the upkeep for sweeping and cleaning. Gardeners. Resteraunts, games and shops. Hotels lobby staffs, room staffs, backroom staffs. And then other assorted jobs at the water park? I wouldnt be surprised if it topped over 10k.

Right but he said these people work at CP year round. Tt the majority of CP employees are seasonal, just like any other seasonal park.

Sorry to get this a little off topic guys, but the claim just seemed off to me...

Oh no! Have you seen this? http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26030

It looks, from the article, as if Speed Monster wasn't behaving itself and broke down just before the ERT. I hope everyone on the add-on trip got plenty of rides whilst it was working (the article makes it sound as if this was the case - I do hope so). I hope it's not too wet at Liseberg today and that the rides on Balder make up for the Monster's misbehaviour.

Whilst I'm here, here's my photo trip report (taken in hospital in Hamburg) for my recent non-trip to Heide Park which also extends to my non-trip on the TPR day at Thorpe Park as well as the TPR add-on to TusenFryd and Liseberg... Maybe I'll meet you all on one of the 2007 trips instead.

All the best,

Robin

iwantmyappendixback.jpg.e099e6437e0bee32cfee5cf76a73cabc.jpg

I want my appendix back!!!!

Well as we all make our way home and back to reality, I just want to say what an incredible job Robb and Elissa did on this trip. Everyone just had an amazing time from the moment we arrived until we HAD to leave. I think they both deserve a well earned rest from dealing with 50+ nutjobs for the last couple of weeks. I know I'm tired and I wasn't even dealing with any of the aggravating stuff on the planning side! Once again, GREAT JOB guys and I can't wait for the next one!

For everyone looking for update and trip reports; just wait. Over the next couple of weeks I'm sure there will not just be updates from R&E, but Photo TR from most of us on the trip so hopefully we will be able to satisfy everyone.

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a few days since the last update. It's been a few late nights, a LOT of work, and a night or two without high speed internet.

So, without any further delay....

SOUTHPORT PLEASURELAND Photos are UP!!!!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/uk2006/southport/southport1.htm

Highlights:

- The Wheel! What more can you say? A fun house ride that is no longer allowed in the US made for kids and when a bunch of adults jump on it, injuries are BOUND to happen!

- Cyclone: Classic wooden coasters are GOOD!

- King Solomon's Mines: Want to know what a wooden Wild Mouse is like? OMG! Wait until you ride this!!!!

Anyway, here's a few photos:

So what is the wheel? Basically everyone runs to the center and holds on tight (Tommy & James demonstrates)

Then the wheel starts to spin and a look of terror is on everyone's face. (Ted demonstrates)

In order to hold on, you need to stick your skin to the wheel. (Rich demonstrates)

As the wheel goes faster, everyone goes FLYING!!!

Yes, it's true. TPR members did have fun at Pleasureland!

"Hey fanboys! Check this out!"

GRRRR!!!! I'm *ANGRY* green dinosaur with a HUGE plastic mouth....GIMME SOME CANDY!

Lou gets that threesome she's always wanted!

There are a LOT of awesome funny photos in this update. Check out the rest of them here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/uk2006/southport/southport1.htm

Now that the trip is technically over the updates should be coming quicker. (we had our incredible day at Liseberg today where the park actually let us hammer nails into Balder's structure! But more on that in a later update....)

Enjoy today's photos!

--Robb

Glad you all seemed to have a good time at Pleasureland! I was working the Cyclone for you all - how did i do? Some nice photos of the ride in action.

I was in Blackpool with the group on thursday and it was a great day! Thanks for letting a couple of 235 club members in on the action! It was a great group of people in a great park. If every day of your trip has been like Blackpool then i envy the lot of you big time!

Look forward to more updates soon.