TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Whats your favorite Vekoma?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As already stated by others, X-flight/Firehawk for sure! I love the lie to fly/fly to lie transitions, and Vekoma was a lot more imaginative with the layout than the early B&M flyers were. Very creative layout, and a few really forceful elements. Really my only complaint is the lengthy loading process, and how FUCKING LOUD the chain lift is

Honorable mention to Nighthawk, GiBs, and the plethora of Disney Vekomas, as they all ride suberbly!

• 10 months later...
I would have to say the Invertigo. I've been on Invertigo at Kings island (July 2014) and Stinger at Dorney Park (June 2015) and they were incredibly smooth!

I'm updating and ranking my favourite Vekoma coasters list as follows:

1. Flying Dutchman (Firehawk at Kings Island)

2. Invertigo (Invertigo at Kings Island and Stinger at Dorney Park)

3. Boomerang (The Bat at Canada's Wonderland)

4. Suspended Family Coaster (Silver Streak at Canada's Wonderland)

So, out of all the Vekoma coasters I've been on, I have greatly enjoyed them all except for the Vekoma SLC which is Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland. Other than that, Vekoma makes some amazing coasters!

• 8 months later...

The GIB's are amazing pieces of engineering when they are working. It's hard to judge their quality knowing that Six Flags added all the extra emergency brakes and changed the ride programming before they opened... it probably wasn't all Vekoma's fault.

Well, as it turns out, I've been on 4: Ninja at SFStL, Boomerang at SFFT, Boomerang at WoF, and Spacely's Sprocket Rockets.

So Spacely's Sprocket Rockets. Ninja is absolutely the worst coaster I've ever ridden, and I don't care for the Boomerangs either.

Wow, a lot has changed since 2014. I've ridden several more Vekomas, and they've generally been pretty crappy. Apparently none of the coasters at Anaheim Disneyland are Vekomas, so I guess the best one I've been on would be Firehawk at Kings Island. Genuinely good coaster.

Firehawk at King's Island. I rode it for the first time a few weeks ago and was expecting the worst, but it was honestly pretty smooth and a lot of fun! It was my first Vekoma since the days of Deja Vu at SFMM, though, so thankfully I don't have many others to compare it to!

Edited by ZeroG001

Apparently none of the coasters at Anaheim Disneyland are Vekomas, so I guess the best one I've been on would be Firehawk at Kings Island. Genuinely good coaster.

How dare you forget the majesty that is Gadget's Go Coaster. The nerve of you.

Apparently none of the coasters at Anaheim Disneyland are Vekomas, so I guess the best one I've been on would be Firehawk at Kings Island. Genuinely good coaster.

How dare you forget the majesty that is Gadget's Go Coaster. The nerve of you.

Oh yeah, I forget that one exists. I also forgot it existed while I was there. Never went to Toon Town; way too many awesome rides elsewhere in that park.