TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Whats your favorite Vekoma?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goliath at SFNE was my favorite Vekoma but it's now easily my least favorite thanks to the crappy new train that manages to give you unimaginable headbanging on perfectly straight track.

I guess I'll go with Nighthawk at Carowinds now. I like all Vekoma flyers and that one has a great setting.

I have four favourites. Not in any particular order but all were really nice rides and smooth too:

- Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars - Hong Kong Disneyland

- Stingray - Ferris Wheel Park

- Gravity Max - Lihpao Land

- Millenium Coaster - Fantasy Island

I... I guess Sidewinder at Hersheypark? The only Boomerang I've been on that has the new vest restraints instead of the old big clunky OTSRs? I actually enjoy Boomerangs in general, though.

I was hoping to say Goliath, but since the one time I was at SFNE it was out of service, I can't. :/ Maybe I can get back up there before Fright Fest ends if it's up and running again.

I was hoping to say Goliath, but since the one time I was at SFNE it was out of service, I can't. :/ Maybe I can get back up there before Fright Fest ends if it's up and running again.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for it running again this season. Even if it was running, the trains absolutely ruin the ride. It was running all summer and I didn't even ride it because of the horror that ensued with the horrible trains. I guess SFNE just likes adding bad trains to good rides like they did with Bizarro.

Arkham Asylum at Warner Bros Movie World in Australia was actually a really great SLC experience. It had new trains and restraints that were vests and not headbang machines that all the other models have. Turns out when the ride isn't slowly torturing you its actually pretty great.

Honorable mention goes to the GIBs around the world, when they work they are really fun.

Personally, I love Rock n Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios. It's smooth and has one hell of a launch. I also like Ninja at SFoG. I don't know what it is about that ride but as long as you sit in the right place, it's a very enjoyable ride.

GIBs are amazing.

I also find Ninja at SFOG to be a great, intense, and unique coaster. I absolutely love it and while it isn't butter smooth I never understand all the hate. Maybe vest restraints can save it for those whose head is low enough that it gets bashed.

Out of Vekoma's I have been on, I got to say smoothness wise goes to Stinger. Very surprisingly smooth and intense. Funny story: when I rode it this year I got off and then no more than 5 cycles later the emergency brakes accidentally engaged and it got stuck at the bottom of the loop luckily it wasn't me.

Honorable mention goes to The Great Nor' Easter for being the smoothest SLC (IMO) because of the comfortable restraints. Still feels like the train is going to rip off the tracks tho.