TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights XVI

Lots of HHN news.

HHN will be opening at 5pm on remaining peak nights. That's right, 5pm. In addition, it will be closing at 1am on all non-peak nights except for Halloween. A new magic show featuring Jeff McBride will be featured on unspecified event nights, likely in the Animal Actors theater. And finally, Marvel Superhero Island is open on Saturdays from 8 to 11.

All of this is of course a result of the unspeakable hordes attending this year's event. Needless to say, they've failed miserably in the planning department. In fact, they're frantically sending out e-mails in hopes of hiring extra people for this weekend, which is expected to be the busiest in HHN history. They're rumored to be expecting somewhere in the vicinity of 60,000 guests tonight. Keep everyone involved in your prayers.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY MOTHER F#%ker!

It was EXTREMELY crowded last night as predicted. My group got into two haunted houses and we were there from 6:30 to 12:15.We did take a small break to go shop in city walk and the people at the entrance called us liars and wouldn't let us in because our hanstamps were backwards?!?We were so pissed after about ten minutes of us trying tell to them that we werent lieing(conformation off the internet,showing that the stamps were cleary NOT backwards and that none of them were faded so we didnt just stamp them on eachother)They finally let us un when we told them what time we previously came into the park(I hate grumpy employees!Its your job so get over it!)We did get to see the Bill and Ted show and we enjoyed the scarezones...mostly Horror Comes Home (Alice is kickass!)Im glad I had already done all the haunted houses but I felt bad for the rest of my group.Lines varied from 90 to 150 minutes!BUT I did get a t-shirt. haha

Dungeon of Terror and All Night Die In were both scarier the second time for me.Maybe I thought I knew what to expect but hiding places were different?Anways overall it was an Okay visit hopefully the crowdedness will make them return to IOA and USF as one giant(not crowded) HHN!

O and Scream mask guy I Yelled "Theme Park Review!" in the garage scene if that was you did you hear me?

Ya only two houses, we weren't willing to smell cigarette smoke for over an hour!People shouldn't have to suffer from other people's addictions.
I agree. I hate the smell of Cigarette's, and I will never try one. Just the thought of getting Cancer from Second hand smoke kills me.

Alas. I have experienced HHN !!

I was very happy to know that the park opened at 5 PM because right when we got there we did Screamhouse, All Night Die In, & Psychoscaraphy. All had about 15-20 minute lines which were not so dreadful.

Screamhouse: I did not mind the Caretaker being in every other scene. Actually I enjoyed the fact that people where "acting" things out rather just spooking you and jumping out of places.. (After a while it gets old)...

All Night Die In: My favorite. When I first walked in I didn't realize the whole "Scream" scenario but than afterwards when the Scream guy jumped out at me, I was like "Ok I get it".. he was fun because he seemed to follow me throughout the scenes.. and somehow.. somewhere at the end he jumped out AGAIN!!! The Hellraiser was absolutely amazing.. I also enjoyed the Silence of the Lambs room..

Psychoscaraphy: The set was nice, but somehow.. it lacked. I did see Jack at the end though.

RUN: Sorry but this house didn't do anything for me.

(P.S. I did not like the fact that I had to fight my way through rows and rows of plastic separating sheets from room to room)

(On a lighter note, I wore my rib cage shirt and it seemed to be a great success.. all the scare-actors commented on it such as "I'll cut those ribs to pieces" :] .. made me smile.)

I also managed to see Bill & Teds and that magic show in the Animal Planet pavillion.

Later on, the park got super crowded and the lines were anywhere from 90-150 minutes. Unbearable. Needless to say, I didn't go on anything else after about 9:30...

I walked around the park a lot and hit the scarezones several times.

Blood Masquarade: The guy in the bungee was cool.. the vampire ladies only "scared" people because at times you would hear this LOUD noice and the vampire ladies actually moved!

Deadtropolis: I loved the zombie tourists.

Harvest: The "skeleton" guys in the robes got me the first time I walked through.

Chainsaw Guys: I LOVE YOU! You managed to scare my boyfriend several times, but you only backed off because I started laughing and he was hiding behind me :]

vampirelady.jpg.84185598dd5ab0f5370907ce9f3d0baf.jpg

Gotta love the vampire ladies ^__^

O and Scream mask guy I Yelled "Theme Park Review!" in the garage scene if that was you did you hear me?

I am "a" guy in the garage with a scream mask. I think I did hear you yell that at me. I am the 1st guy you will see in the garage, by the white water cooler. If it was me....I hope I scared you! If no.....I hope whoever it was did!

Im pretty sure you scared the crap outa the guy behind me right after I yelled "Theme Park Review"

I have a question...The guy with all the needels in in face and stuff,what movie is he from?He looks Awesome!

Your house was scarier the second time!So let everyone know that they are doing an Awesome job!

I have a question...The guy with all the needels in in face and stuff,what movie is he from?He looks Awesome!

Uhm.....Hellraiser

Given your age I'll let it go that you don't know about one of the more popular horror icons.

It's kinda like saying, "who was that guy in the hockey mask?" or "Who is the guy with the knives on his fingers?" or"Who's the guy with the chainsaw?" or "Who is the guy married to Katie Holmes?".....oh you get the idea.

All is forgiven.

His name is Pinhead he's a Cenobite, as were the others in that scene, but he's the leader of them.

BTW the girl Cenobite was sexy

That whole area he was in was based around the Hellraiser movies, there's like 8 now, I think.

The first 3 are good and the rest are so,so

Pinhead is in all of them, but the Cenobites change from movie to movie as does the torture, that's how they keep the fear fresh!!

After you watch the movies, you will look back on that scene in the house and appreciate it a lot more, they did a good job with it.

P All "We have such sights to show you!"

Hey all, I got back on Sunday from Orlando. Where I had spent Friday night at HHN, and the following day at IOA. Since this is a topic about HHN, I leave out the IOA segment of my trip.

HHN on Friday was PACKED. Fortunately, We used common sense and went into the park at 5:00, to get in as much houses as we could before the crowd rushes in. We got 5 houses done with in 1 hour. yes, 5 houses done within an hour on one of the most high expected attendance weekend in the month. We got PsycoScarepy, then Scream House, then All Nite Die-In, Run, and Dungeon of Terror. I will later post my full review of the event later, it is on a different froum, and must edit typos and whatnot.

I do have some photos of this and that around the park, but they are nt very clear and very blurry, so I will leave those out. Well, expect to see my full review later on in the night, for I must now do homework. stupid school.

^ HHNvault.

My review from the vault: I copied and pasted it so, some stuff you might not understand. I am rooting for the underdogs in this, so some stuff you might disagree on. so here it is:

I am back from Orlando and now have access to the internet! yay for 21st Century technology! I went to HHN on the 20th, which I would say quite busy. I had just found out early that morning that the park would open an hour early (5:00). One thing that I will just mention now, I didn't like these last minute changes to everything. i.e: park opening early, more Robosaurus shows, and the fact that my mom went (not a Universal problem, it just kinda ruined the event for me.)

Back OT, we didn't really plan for any changes, so our group eventually dispersed and dwindled down to just a few people. Because some people bought the Scream Early Pass, and some went to the gates and waited in line at 4:30 (me). Luckily we got into all the houses before 8:00, except PsycoPath. The lines were quite short, but then later in the night, about 9:00 +, the line waits had gone up to 45 min, 60 min, and evetually 90 min. I even think that PUtS had a 100 min wait at one point. I was completely terrified when I heard that this weekend would be the busiest and we didn't have EP. Now on to the order of houses/scarezones that we went to, my review, rating, etc.:

HOUSES:

PsycoScarepy: Exceeded my expectations! This house was by far, the most elaborate house this year. I really like the facade, the music, and the overall nature of this house. At the time, the scaractors were all pumped and ready to scare. It was the intense house this year. Unfortunately, It was just a little too intense for my mom. She had never been to this event, and had the impression that the houses would be like the Haunted Mansion over at the Magic Kingdom. lol, how wrong was she! She was just completely dumb-strucked when she found how tight of a walkway and how close the scaractors come to you. Her expression: PRICELESS! But, I also think what did it for her, was the fact that she had dropped her sunglasses somewhere inside the house. I think she dropped it in the Bathroom scene somewhere. O well, she can get a new pair.

Rating: 9/10

ScreamHouse: This house was also done very well, I thought every scene was done very creatively and actually given the impression that I was stranded in the home of the Caretaker. Although, I felt that the house was too short, even though that it shared a soundstage with All Nite Die In. Another thing that I did not like, too many Caretakers! In fact, I don't really remember seeing any of the followers. I was really wanting to get a good scare from them cause everyone talks about how intimidating they are.

Rating: 7/10

All Nite Die-In: I had High Expectations for this house, and it passed. I really liked the Leatherface scene with the two columns moving with skin stretched across, *shivers*.The Scream scenes were pretty decent actually, I wasn't really too hyped up on it, but, WOW. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw 'Drew Barrymore'. My friend says that would be like the exact scene, all it needed was Drew doing drugs, and it would be the most skin-crawling house yet! lol. We tried the pulsing the line thing with ourselves, and it was such an experience! There was nobody in the line at the time, and we just waited at the facade till we could no longer see the poeple in front of us.

Rating: 8/10

RUN: This house was alot different than what I expected, but yet, it offered quite a thrill. It was another walk-on and it was such a sensation that went through my nose when I had the scent of blood and rotting flesh in my nostrils. But one negative thing that I found, was that there was nobody doing anything really. It was just scenes that you passed and someone was whether torturing, being tortured, or just standing there looking intimidating.But I really liked the atmosphere that this house had. This house was overall, a decent house, I can tell the scaractors weredoing their jobs, and I probably came in during a cast change. Which in fact, I did, I saw their little routine when exiting the backlot and entering their house. Where was Eddie though? Nobody even tried to chase me out of the house.

Rating: 6/10

Dungeon Of Terror: Let me start off by saying this: Incredible. This house, as I can see from other's reviews,

people seemed not to like DoT alot. But, at the time I went, the house was awesome! I gotta say though, The Story Teller didn't look like herself, but you could easily tell it was her. This house offered such a rush of excitement, that it was just too much to control. Of course, I found somethings kinda stupid, but do you not find that in any other haunted house? I instantly knew what the whole idea of this house was when I entered the facade. Although, I felt like I was in Tennesse when the girl in the gift shop said something with the accent.

Rating: 8.5/10

People Under The Stairs: By now, the lines had gotten up to 30-45 minute waits. But this house was an exceptionally good house. I liked how I was able to have the helmet this time, and I kept my head up straight! The scenes were not all that great, but the scaractors really delivered with what they had. It was dark enough for me to use the light and not have the effect ruined by the other sources of light. The ending was what really got me freaked out, when the guy in the cell would bang on the bars, and I would move back, and run into 'daddy'. awesome.

Rating: 6.5/10

PsycoPath: The longet wait! 100 minutes. I was determined to get into this house! I had heard many great reviews on this house. It lived up to my expectations and surpassed them. Well, I could name a couple things that I didn't really like, but the house had very good scaractors. I really like th eyebll room and the tunnel thing. I liked how it went from the Bate's Motel and transitioned into his mind. fantastic effects, and they were all used the right way.

Rating: 7/10

Overall, the houses were well done. I can easily see that all the house scaractors did their best trying to scare with the heavy flow of guests coming through the houses. Great job guys. I just hope that in the following years, they try not to bring back previous houses. How many times can we see the Caretaker? I saw enough of them in one night! lol. Now onto the Scarezones:

Blood Masquerade: This scarezone might be small, but it is really terrifying at certain times. I guess it all comes down to how the scaractors are. If they are very energetic, I bet that area will be down right creepy. I loved how those sound effects with the roars will just come out and break the silence, and I would turn around and see a scaractor jump infront of me with the element of surprise. I would definetly like to see more of this in the future, but just as long as it is bigger than the length of my front yard. lol.

Rating: 8/10

Deadtropolis: Once again, great atmosphere. I loved Sting Alley.I saw some scaractors attack this group of teenagers and it was just hilarious watching how scared 17 yr olds can get at an event like this. I just sat there laughing on the side until this guy with a shaker can was shaking the can infront of my face. I took pictures, but they all came out blurry. I had trouble figuring out where I even took those pictures they were so messed up! lol.

Rating: 9/10

Harvest of the Souls: This was one scarezone in which I personally was not to fond of as the others. I thought there was too much fog and light shining through the area that it screwed up my vision and had the hardest time getting scared. I do like those goblin type things, and the stiltwalkers. This scarezone, I guess I should have had seen it while there was still some light out to see the effects.

Rating: 7.5/10

These scarezones were done very nicely, very elaborate theming went on. I could easily see that all the scaractors had given it their all scaring the guests and they all succeeded. Great job guys.

Shows:

Bill And Ted: Another great year, another great show.It was awesome! This is a must see show! It is coordinated so well, that I wanted to just watch it again, but I couldn't, it was closing time. I really liked the Magneto scenes and Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swan. Hilarious. Only if my camera had enough memory to tape the whole show.

Rating: 10/10

Robosaurus: this is one of those shows that never change, and once you see the show once, theres no need to see it again. I, personally didn't like it that much. I just saw it as something that causes too much traffic within the crowds. I just wanted to swing around the little park area, but I couldn't cause it was blocked off.

4/10

Director's Cut: This is once again a one time show. It was good, but was expected more from it. I was expecting more pyrotechnics and more from it. Well, that's the 360 globes for ya.

Rating: 5/10

I didn't really watch the whole Arrival show, just glanced at a couple kills while passing.

Well, that's my review. Sorry for it being so long. And sorry if your eyes are burning at this point of the post. I am sure there's something that can make the pain go away. Well, I hope everyone else enjoyed the event as much as I did. now, I wonder what will be in store for us next year....

Since today is Halloween and the final night of HHN for another year I thought I would post some of the photos of Robosaurus that I took last week. The um.. "storyline" is that the Zombies have gotten worse in Deadtropolis and the only thing that can scare them away is Robosaurus. It was really cool and a great addition to HHN.

DSC03300.jpg.b83323ef2e5317361b282a6229af60be.jpg

Robo is happy and the Zombies are dead...er DeadER.

DSC03298.jpg.d06982d0a14559690ddd03fd0882df7a.jpg

There are also supplementary F/X in addition to what Robo provides.

DSC03296.jpg.83507abf17a1c372a61bf854fa7d9dd5.jpg

He throws the car down and fire and flames are everywhere.

DSC03294.jpg.b6cf49b0d86cca38c30771e2abd42185.jpg

He has got the car and now is chomping on it!

DSC03287.jpg.801d0e1034c8a96a28f8a207d5f549b5.jpg

He rears us and spits fire for about 5 minutes in addition to moving his ears, blinking lights and a 1000 other movements. It is surprisingly detailed.

DSC03286.jpg.2a2cf4155d600c5f4978533b355ae168.jpg

He approaches his victim car!

DSC03281.jpg.98fb256b0070b8d526b4b538bf209b5d.jpg

Puffs of fire ROCK!

DSC03277.jpg.c3dcace1cd3d3105303af0dbbce2f8d8.jpg

Robo comes to life in the distance and starts rumbling down the street.

DSC03275.jpg.bc650682e9b2b5d38d5ef0a00c86a894.jpg

BRAINS! The zombies swarm the area before Robo comes out.

I agree with the main review. While it was an awesome show, its not something to repeat. I saw it the first time by myself, then when I attended this past Sunday, I saw it with some friends because I wanted them to see everything.

IMO it would actually be better if it was a shorter show. Robosaurus spent too much time just spitting fire, and many people actually started leaving. I did notice though that between the first and second times I saw it, they made it shorter as it seemed like it picked up the car almost immediatly after the zombies cleared out.

Overall, Id say that it was a great addition that shouldve been located in another area of Deadtropolis to cut down on crowd issues.

(Also Screamhouse was swamped immediatly following the shows as its entrance was right there).