TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights XVI

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, quick question (hopefully not as repetitive).. but

If you bought the IOA extra ticket from 4 to 7 pm.. you will enter HHN through the Dr. Seuss area...

BUT... Are you are not allowed to go to the houses yet?!

I was thinking about hitting ROTMummy before going through all the houses.

Can someone please clear that for me? Thank you!

I'll post a more detailed TR later, but I did the RIP tour last night. This year's HHN is the best I've seen it over the past few years. My favorite house is Psychoscareapy. The Scareactors really love their job because many made me up and go "Whoa!" all night long. This year's HHN is 10 times better than HOS. HHN just craps all over HOS!

Well i went to HHN last night, and i must say, this years event is far worse than last years. The setting at US did not really affect it as much as i thought, but it seemed there was so much wasted space. The scare zones were so small! and not scary. And the houses were not as good as last years, to me at least, but still good.

RUN: Hostile Territory- This is by far the best house in there, they got me numerous times and continously! The whole gore and blood thing, cutting people and stuff, the incredible detail, it was the best house. But no Eddie...

Dungeon of Terror- Bypass it, your not missing anything. There was a total of like 5-6 scareactors in the whole thing too.

PUTS: Under Construction- as many people said before, it was way to light for a helmet! And only the guy with the helmet gets scared alot. Plus the description misleads you . The end was good though.

P.S: Watch out for the shotgun! I got hit.

Psychopath- This was in a tent behind MIB, so we kept calling it a haunted tent. I could see the top of the tent too at places, letting in plently of light because it was the first house we hit. The blending with the background and vortex thing was completely retarded, i expected more.

Screamhouse- Overall a good house, but they should try to stop making 10 clones of the Caretaker, kind of ruins it. The greenhouse was way too real, and the bride thing got me pretty good. Second best house.

Psychoscarepy- I expected more from this, since it has Jack (who was there in about 3 places!). Overall it came out to be one of the worst houses, but good team scaring.

All Nite Die-In: Take 2- From all the reviews I have read, this one seemed the best, but, it was not all that great. I did not get scared ONCE in this house, but it seems other people were getting it pretty good. The scream guy got me good!

Scarezones were not that great. Infact, horrible. HOTS was the best one, but too small.

Overall im disapointed with this years event.

Returned to HHN last night. Enjoyed myself a lot more than my first visit. Overall park atmosphere has improved a hundred fold from opening night. Most of the houses have improved as well, but they still have plenty of room for further improvement. I was disappointed with Die-In, my previous favorite, but I guess no two trips through are alike. I'll blame it on bad timing.

One big difference between this visit and my first is the amount of backtracking I did. Since most of the good houses are in the same place (the soundstages) it really pays to mix things up a little. It also forces you to go through the scarezones more than once, which helps ease the sense of dead space. I also got to the park late. Your first impression will be much, much more impressive if you wait until night falls and the Horror Comes Home area is in full effect. I would recommend anyone with an Express pass to not rush getting to the park.

One of the key additions to HHN is the presence of Robosaurus. A throwback to the early days of HHN, this thing is fun to watch, even if it's showing it's age. The show really adds to the atmosphere of Deadtropolis, moreseo than I thought it would. I strolled through the area at least 3 times, in large part to this show. I can't imagine going back and not seeing it there (which will unfortunately be the case, unless they add him to more dates.)

Another fun little feature that was just added is a photo-op booth at the exit of the soundstage houses. You can get your photo taken with the various icon characters here. Add this to Horror Comes Home and you have no reason to pester scarezone scareactors for photos.

All Nite Die-In: Take 2- From all the reviews I have read, this one seemed the best, but, it was not all that great. I did not get scared ONCE in this house, but it seems other people were getting it pretty good. The scream guy got me good!

In our defense, we were working with a VERY depleted cast. We had 13 people call in and so we were doing the best we could with what we were given for the night.

I am sorry that not one person got you that night! I won't say it is because we were missing people. If we were doing our jobs to the fullest, it wouldn't matter if there one person per room, we should still be getting scares!

I hope you will go back another night and try us out again!