TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights XVI

Anybody looked at the hollywood site? haha, just reusing the idea of orlando's 13 w/ the director. Except their director's name is Pavel Pranevsky. Real original, huh? Where's that kid that was ranting about how HHN in Hollywood was better? HA! I've been on that crappy studio tour. Boring, older versions of Kong, Jaws, and Earthquake.

The part I did like is the scene from that old Mel Brooks movie where Moses parts the sea. But seriously, been to USH once and will never go again. If you're in L.A., go to Magic Mountain!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm really confused, what is going on?

Is this another game, or just random crap to give us a preview of what's gonna be there?

I mean their pointing out where their houses are (Storyteller) and their shows (Director) and things that are gonne be in some scare zones.

But what does it all mean???

Sorry, but I think that question deserves a "duh." The icons are going through the drawers, cutting out and taking note of things they want to include in this year's event. There is no hidden meaning.

I think the icons going through the drawers thing is awesome! Much better than HOS's crazy website this year... I can't believe I'm going to BGA in October and missing HOS again... ::sigh::

2 weeks from today you guys will have a huge photo TR of the event, can't wait to try out the new Olympus Stylus!

Sorry, but I think that question deserves a "duh." The icons are going through the drawers, cutting out and taking note of things they want to include in this year's event. There is no hidden meaning.

Well that's kinda what I thought, but given the circumstances of the "game" they played last year, I guess I'm reading too much into it.

Plus we can already tell what's gonna be in the event for the most part, can't we?

Ehh... I wouldn't be so sure. In fact, it may have been a one time thing. I mean, they could do something like that again, but if they do, everyone will know what's up. The details won't be kept hush-hush and as a result, the prize probably wouldn't be as prestigious.

Maybe they can do a scavenger hunt of sorts where the "winners" get a free sweet sixteen cupcake.

I've had a shifty sherlock through the topic but was wondering if anyone has any more information on the Stay and Scream lock-in - I will probably try and do this as per peoples' suggestions.

I was wondering where abouts it is and what it involves... other than being locked in and being given priority entry. Also, when I'm there, will there be special maps for the event? There never are for Fright Nights at Thorpe Park and to me that's always what lets the event down as there's no way newbies would know where the houses and shows are. I don't want to miss anything.

Also, it looks like I could be doing Howl-o-Scream at Busch Gardens Europe (yes, Europe, not Tamprica) - I imagine that it doesn't compare too favourably to HHN, but is it any good? Their website is actually quite neato so I am hoping it will be a good warm up for HHN.

So many questions

Yes, they have maps at HHN. As for Stay & Scream, I'm not 100% sure where the holding area is this year, but I'd assume it's somewhere near the soundstages as those are the houses that will be open for Stay & Scream participants. Just be in the holding area by the time the park closes. When they're ready, they'll let you go through select houses before the rest of the masses get into the park. Most things will still be closed during this time though.

Yea, the way they worked it last year is that the stay and scream participants were held up in the rat race(run, etc.) area(in USO). Then when the houses opened, they snaked through 4 houses immediatly all in the soundstages. Hence if you have a stay and scream, you complete close to half the houses with no lines, which leaves the rest of the night for waiting.

Ive decided to buy a frequent fear pass, since i dont like the idea of going on a peak night. I also have a preferred pass, so I think I automatically get stay and scream. Then Ill buy the express passes for the 19th, and another date when im going with some other freinds. That should work out best for me financially. I think im gonna call the pass office and talk with them.

Hopefully the houses that get busier will be opened for stay and screamers first. I really want to try to get everything done without express passes. I can use the 50 bucks for oh... let's say a side trip to BGA. I can't believe how expensive this event has gotten, but it will most likely be better than the last 4 events since it's back at the studios. I just recently bought an Olympus Stylus 7.1 mp camera so prepare for a massive update in a couple weeks. Can't wait!

So, is anyone else going on the 30th of Sept??

I'm flying to Orlando Thursday night 9/28 and I'll be at HHN on 9/29 and 9/30. Didn't buy stay and scream, but if you have park tickets and an FFP, can you stay with the stay and screamers when the park closes? Actually not sure if I want to do that but it would be nice to have the option. Anybody know the answer?

Also, what are the rules for photos and videos during HHN? Are there any restrictions on where you can take pictures? And if anyone has any advice on how to get the best pictures in a low-light situation like HHN, that would be cool too.

Just to let any Florida residents know, you can buy gift card HHN type tickets for all the HHN nights at Publix's. This is the first time I have ever seen a display with HHN gift cards. Buy & bring a 2 litter coke bottle or a six pack, they'll scan it when they activate the gift card. Then you'll get the FL resident discount price. Bring the card to the front entrance and your in.

Went to the park yesterday to ride mummy and snap some pics. The best ones are up on today's update on Screamscape, but the rest can be found at this link:

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m232/HalloweenHorrorNights/HHN%2016/

Since I was lazy during uploading, you can also see a few pics of the Nickelodeon building still sitting dormant(probably HHN house inside) and some construction in the Dueling Dragons queue (for those familiar with the queue, its the dungeon scene right before 'Choose thy Fate').

I'm flying to Orlando Thursday night 9/28 and I'll be at HHN on 9/29 and 9/30. Didn't buy stay and scream, but if you have park tickets and an FFP, can you stay with the stay and screamers when the park closes? Actually not sure if I want to do that but it would be nice to have the option. Anybody know the answer?

Yes, if you are already in the park and have any kind of HHN tix, you get to stay in the park while they kick out the low-lives

This year (on, 9/29) will actually be the first time in 4 years that I will enter through the front gates with the GP

Usually I am already in the park, but I have to work, so I will get there at around 7:30.

But the other 4 days I'm going, I will be in the park already

P All " I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away "

Thanks to all your help here, I'm on the verge of booking tickets for Halloween Horror Nights.

For each of us I'm booking a Flex Ticket (not sure if 4 or 5 park yet) as well as Stay and Scream ticket ($24.95) and a HHN Express pass ($30) - that pretty much covers everything doesn't it if I am doing Universal during the day and staying on park into Halloween Horror Nights? Sorry if that is a really dumb question, but I want to make sure everything's fine before I book in case I am missing something obvious. It seems very good value to what I was expecting.

Thanks again for the help, I am really looking forward to it.

Hey cosmo, I've got some low light tips for you. It does depend on the camera you have. Photoshopping can also help with noise/underexposure later. If I knew what camera you have I could help more. A camera with a "Night Scene" mode is great if you're not really sure. Anyone PM me w/ your camera model for low-light HHN photo tips.

Also while we're on the subject of stay and scream, didn't JT say there would be an opening scaremonies at the gate? That would be kinda fun not to miss wouldn't it. Don't you miss anyhting by not coming in with everyone else?

Also while we're on the subject of stay and scream, didn't JT say there would be an opening scaremonies at the gate? That would be kinda fun not to miss wouldn't it. Don't you miss anyhting by not coming in with everyone else?

There will be a special Arrival show at the beginning of the night with Darkness and all four of the icon characters. Then, throughout the night, each icon will do a show by themselves, sacrificing guests in a similar format to the Terra Throne.