TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights XVI

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lineup seems a little lame, using all the old houses, some of which weren't really even all that great. Its nice to see it back at the Studios though, I always seemed to like it better there anyway. It doesn't look like I'll head down, with lots of the houses already experienced a few years ago, plus the increasing price of Express Passes, I think I'll just live vicariously for once.

Derek Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was hoping you would be able to make it. Your a tres' cool person to hang with. You will be missed. Mabey I will light a candle and float it across the lagoon in your honor. More likely though, I will forget to do so and just tip a little beer in your honor at the Sam Adams tasting pavilion.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Ice cold Sam Adams light!

My mouth waters in anticipation.

^Silly Guy, nowhere did I say I wasn't going to Orlando, I just said I wasn't going to do HHN. If everything works out, I should hopefully still be able to come down in time for MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival, I just won't try to get out early to do HHN.

It would be much easier for me to go to Florida in September but I'm debating whether or not it will be worth it to hit this year's horror nights. I haven't even been on Everest yet...

Normally I would say I think it's lame that this would be my third year that had screamhouse, and I'm surprised they're doing a lot of repeat houses... But just the fact that they're bringing "Run!" back, which is IMO one of their best haunted houses, I'm looking forward to possibly making this my 5th horror nights event.

I think this year I'll finally check out Howl O Scream too...

Sean :: should've brought back Pitch Black:: Costa

Seeing as I live only 20/30mins away from USO/Disney respectfully, Ill deffinatly be going. Last year, I caught on to the trip a little late and didnt plan on going to any of the other events such as MNSSHP, but I will deffinatly try to go this year. Im already saving for the extra costs. Itll be right aorund the same time I have to upgrade my AP.

This will be my 2nd HHN and so I havent experienced any of these mazes. I imagine they wont be exactally the same as when they were done before. I cant wait to see how this years event will be being in the studios.

Im just hoping the TPR trip will be planned like last year with HHN on an off-peak day. Helps keep costs and crowds down.

Heres a highlight from last year's trip.....

French Dinosaurs

My source tells me to stress the fact that these houses will, supposedly, be "new interpretations" of the original houses. Whether this means mostly new scenes in each house, just one or two new scenes in each house, or one or two props moved around is anyone's guess.

No one's really sure what "54" is. It might not even be a maze. It was listed with the others on the audition sheet, but they're ambiguous sometimes. It could be a scarezone, or a Rat Run-like deal. So we've got 7 or 8 haunted houses, give or take.

They're bringing back the Chainsaw Drill Team and Opening Scaremonies. If you've attended a HHN at USF before, and were there when they started letting people into the park, you probably know what this is. For those of you who don't know... wear your running shoes.

There will also be assorted street entertainment throughout the night, probably to make up for the lack of a parade.

^ Aww man, I hope so, that's such a good cencept.

Geez, I'm doing it again... Every year I have to look at what HHN is getting and decide if it's worth flying down there again or maybe going somewhere different, but between the return of Run and Die In alone, plus the fact that I haven't been on Expedition Everest yet, means I'm most likely going to be there this October.

I know this is real off topic, but last year me and my dad were at SFMM, and we saw a sign for Brutal Planet saying that you must be a certain age (14 I think it is) to go through. Does anyone know why?

I imagine its just like HHN's strong urging that its not a childs event. Six Flags probably just enforces a bit more. All these haunted house attractions are not made for children. While HHN wont prevent you from bringing your child (as made evident from a child at last years event I remember vividly), they give you a hint by not offering child tickets. Six Flags most likely considers those under 14 too young to handle some of the things they might see (and to prevent lawsuits).

Halloween events at parks are generally NOT intended for children, so dont be 'that guy' and bring their children. Your just gonna end up paying those expensive phychiatrist(sp?) bills later.

Now shame on you, back on topic of HHN awesomeness.

*EDIT* I changed my sig and avatar finally. Can you tell im excited?

Hi all,

As i'm planning a first visit to universal in october i would like to hear your thoughts:

I am not really into the whole HHN events and basiclly want to go to the parks during the day/evening.

Can I still experience the parks in the "normal way" during the day?

as i understand these HHN are extra-payed events that take place from evening till late at night,so does the parks look and operate the usuall way during the day?Are there any closed rides because of the event?

And about the crowds - Are the parks usually crowded in october?

do they tend to be less crowded during the day as people come to spend the late evenings/nights at the HHN events?

Should i pick the days the event is not running in october to get a better,lower crowds experience?

Does it get really crowded on "clombus day"??

Thank's!

Gil

I would suggest NOT going in October if you want to hit all of the rides (if youre trying to avoid the event) just in case they utilize existing attractions for haunted houses/scare zones. For example, last year Poseidon's Fury was closed and used for the 'Terror Mines' haunted house.

There will be some props set up in the daytime that may distract from the original theming, but no big deal... You'll have a great time regardless.

Any ideas about the crowds - should i expect heavy crowds during the days HHN is on?

And what about clombus day? is it usually crowded?

thank's for helping!

I believe the Orlando schools are on some kind of "fall break" (they get 2 breaks?!?!?!) so when the official HHN site goes up, check the calendar, whichever middle week of October has the most dates should probably be considered a "peak week" as far as crowds are conserned. Columbus Day is no exception...its pretty full (did it once).

I've gone every year since HHN III (this'll be my 14th year lord willing I attend) and I went slowly from going Saturdays, to going during the week (either Sunday or a Wednesday if available), to going during the week WITH AN EXPRESS PASS!!! Right now, its the only way I'd go! Last year I did 4 of the 7 houses twice, including the one at Poseidon's Fury (I forget the name), which was one of THEE coolest last year!

Now what's all this talk of Disney/MGM considering a Halloween event?

thank you freestylenut,

I checked the dates at the official site:

The event nights are:

September 29, 30, 2006; October 6-8, 11-15, 19-22, 26-29 & 31, 2006

So i guess the best time to AVOID the HHN would be going on the 16.17.18 of october (mid week days should be less crowded?)

what do you think?

Also can you recomend any nice hotel close by to the parks?

As i understand you can't really walk over there,even if the hotel is across the street,as there ar no pedestrain crossing to the main gate?

is that true?

So it's rather coming in with your own car or with a shuttle of some kind

i'm looking for a simple clean hotel since i will spend most of the time in the parks anyway.

Since the "use as much as you want" express pass is not avalable any more to the on-site hotels guests,i do not see any reason to pay the extra costs of the rooms there...unless i'm missing something i am not aware of on that issue?

thank's again,

gil

As i understand you can't really walk over there,even if the hotel is across the street,as there ar no pedestrain crossing to the main gate?

is that true?

i'm looking for a simple clean hotel since i will spend most of the time in the parks anyway...

Ha, another subject I have a bit of experience with.

I stayed at the Days Inn directly across the street (where Mystery Fun House used to be) and one night we decided to walk to City Walk...worst mistake ever! The trek to City Walk took a lot longer than expected (A LOT longer) and by the time we did get to City Walk, we were pretty darn sweaty (kinda takes out the festive mood a bit). To make matters worse my wife forgot her ID + she looks like a high school chick so we couldn't hit any of the decent clubs...a failure of a night.

I'm gonna be staying for 2 days next week about a mile from Universal at a Comfort Inn (I believe its offically called Comfort Inn Uniersal Studios) its slightly off International so its A LOT cheaper. If U just need a place to lay your head (like I do) check this place out or others slightly around it. I know there's a Motel 6 really close to the Universal entrance...but I dunno if that's TOO ghetto 4 ya.

If you can afford it i would stay at Universal's Royal Pacific. Its the Cheapest of the three Hotels but its my second favorite one there

Regarding the Express Passes...I was at IOA and i stayed at RP and i used my express pass from the hotel with no extra charges.But this was the weekend of the Passholders event for the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride.

ALSO another perk of the On site hotels are the boats which take you back to your hotel which is nice because ALOT of people get drunk at HHN.

I hope some of my rambling help!

I hope I get a chance to go to Universal and see the 360 show before they convert all the equipment and software for HHN, just as a comparison. Should be interesting for me to see how they do it in USO. As its only my second HHN, I have only ever seen it done in IOA(and the backlot, which I assume they will use again).

is that true?

i'm looking for a simple clean hotel since i will spend most of the time in the parks anyway...

Ha, another subject I have a bit of experience with....

I'm gonna be staying for 2 days next week about a mile from Universal at a Comfort Inn (I believe its offically called Comfort Inn Uniersal Studios) its slightly off International so its A LOT cheaper. If U just need a place to lay your head (like I do) check this place out or others slightly around it. I know there's a Motel 6 really close to the Universal entrance...but I dunno if that's TOO ghetto 4 ya.

freestylenut,

When you get back,It would be great if you can tell us how was the comfort inn hotel,and how did you got back and forth from the park to the hotel.

Thank's and have fun!

gil