TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Least Favourite TV Ads

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really dislike the 'magic gravity-defying fushigi ball' commercials. Heres one, explanation of why I hate it below...

I dislike this because I feel its a bit misleading. They are clearly just trying to rebrand 'contact juggling' as fushigi. Nothing wrong with that in itself, but they imply thats its made possible by the special fushigi ball and also imply that its easy to learn. Like there is a simple trick that even beginners can use. Neither is accurate. Contact Juggling is actually rather difficult to get the hang of unless your naturally talented at balancing and manipulating objects.

To be fair, their website and most of their written articles makes it clear that this is a performance art and whereas there is a technique, there is no 'trick' to it which makes it easier.

There is nothing wrong with the product itself, I actually think its a good ball, and a good idea to rebrand the art and encourage more people to get involved. However, the advert they are using is (I think) somewhat misleading.

Fuzzoodles...!?

Essentially, they are marketing oversized pipe cleaners with Mr-Potato-Head-style body parts. Horrible product, yes, but they could've at least made a less-annoying commercial. The singing... I just want to find the people who produced this commercial and backhand them into last year. UGH.

At 0:33 .... Ummm cool "pen"?

Fuzzoodles...!?

Essentially, they are marketing oversized pipe cleaners with Mr-Potato-Head-style body parts. Horrible product, yes, but they could've at least made a less-annoying commercial. The singing... I just want to find the people who produced this commercial and backhand them into last year. UGH.

At 0:33 .... Ummm cool "pen"?

It seriously looks more like a "cool" pen...is.

I guess that's what you were inferring, my good sir.

• 10 months later...
This stupid Lysol No-touch handsoap system. "Your soap pump can harbor hundreds of germs" WTF?! Your about to wash your hands, who the fudge cares if your soap pump has germs?!?!?!?!? God, this commercial makes me wanna SCREAM!

After reading your comment, it's a bit hilarous watching that commercial knowing it's all pointless.

I love how I'm watching a commercial for a medicine, and it's really happy, but then it does into these horrible, awful side effects like thoughts of suicide and bleeding while a mother and her kids are dancing and playing in the background! You think that covers up the side effects!?

• 1 month later...
Fuzzoodles...!?

0:20 does that 4 year old REALLY HAVE AN IPHONE?!

There's a car dealership near my hometown called "Bob's Dodge." His commercials were very cheap and the spokesman was a little creepy. I wouldn't mind the commercial if it weren't for the very creepy slogan, "He just wants to get you a loan."

Didn't catch it? Say it out loud and a little faster! Makes me shudder every time.

I wouldn't call this a commercial, but it is still an ad that annoys me and I thought I should bring it up.

Two things: WTF and why?

Not only are these things ugly as they can ever be, but they are pointless to everyone except those who are next in line, and even then they might not notice it.

You probably wont have time to read the ads while the ride is operating anyway. So why wrap the trains in ads and do away with the(vague)theme when you could stick subtle ads in the queue line and have the same effect.

Just my $.02 on this.