TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Least Favourite TV Ads

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAH there is a local mattress/furniture store called "Mattress Max" and the commercials always end with a guy in a mattress suit saying "Mattress Max will save you moneeeeeeeey!" and it is so annoying.

On the national level I would have to say the Burger King commercials with the king and his plastic head are weird. Its freaky... I can't stand it.

I hate those Philips Laxative commercials where that woman has to let everyone know about her husbands poor bowel habits...

"ARE YOU CONSTIPATED?"

"HENRY, YOU LOOK CONSTIPATED!"

God, that man must have the patience of a thousand saints to put up with that.

• 2 months later...

Can't remember the name but it's a mattress store and the jingle is "We'll match anyone else's mattress price or your mattress is freeeeeeee!" Well duh! of course they are gonna match the price rather than give it away free give me a break! lol

Another one that drives me crazy. Herbal Essences shampoo commercial. I like the shampoo but c'mon! A woman having an orgasm washing her hair?!

Commercials for products that nobody wants to see a commercial for. ex: herpes medication, tampons, preparation h, vagisil, ky jelly, etc. These commercials are not necessary lol. People who need them will find them without needing to see a commercial about them at dinnertime.

Any car commercial is annoying, especially for Cadilacs and Lexus. You can tell they're made by a bunch of old people trying to be "cool" per se.

My biggest gripe is these fitness/vitamin/flavored waters.

100% pure water? Um if you add something to it, it's not pure!

If you add flavor to it, isn't it called "Kool Aid"?

(darn typos)

Holy crap, this is one hilarious thread!

I gotta go with the Sit 'N Sleep commercial as being the no. 1 repeat offender, we mute the tv AND change the channel just so you don't see that crap!

Then there's the constant ripping-off of classic songs by Ross for some retarded sale, no one wants to go to your stupid gigantic reject rack of clothes, playing well known songs to your hokey commercial isn't going to save you now! Meh, I guess it's better than the crap they used to have.......::shudders::

Oh, and "girly" stuff..........'nuf said. I think it's cool that it isn't just guys that are annoyed by it, as kat11joe proved.

The bear pooping in the woods junk has just about made me chuck the remote at the tv a few times too.........

• 2 weeks later...

As well as the obvious (stupid Jamster ads on 50000 times an hour, diarrhoea adverts -"when you woke up with diarrhea, you had a choice" - aah!) I have a particular hatred for any commercial that BLATENTLY LIES about the product it promotes for no apparent reason seeing as everybody who sees it knows they are BLATANTLY LYING!!

Prime example: the dumb "are you a wax virgin? try our new leg waxing strips" advert which shows two girls happily waxing their legs with colgate smiles and "wow, that didn't hurt at all!" exclamations... those bitches are lying, that stuff kills!! I have a pretty high pain threshold and I screamed so loud when I tried the bloody things that my neighbour thought I was being attacked.

A woman having an orgasm washing her hair?!

have you tried their shampoos and conditioners??

I feel behind the times. I um....I hardly ever watch TV. I remember the Yoohoo commercials back in the day (meaning: the 90s) and they were annoying as hell. BK commercial's are a little freaky. Hootie and the Blowfish in BK commercials is a little freaky. Old Navy commercials are just odd in general. Jamster commercials are annoying. the Enzyte commercials are.....well....so the guy's really happy. *shrugs*

ooohhh..tampon commercials annoy the heck out of me. the one where the guy and the girl are in a boat and the boat springs a leak and while the guy is busy trying to find something to bail the water out, the girl just plugs the hole with her tampon. yeah..that's disturbing. :shock:

My least favorite of all time were the Putterman commercials from Duracell. They were the creepiest, most disturbing characters I have ever seen in my life! Gave me chills to watch them, so eventually I started chaning the channel when they came on. Conversely, a freind of mine loved them and wrote to Duracell saying she loved the commericals...and they sent her coupons for like 400 free batteries!!!

My mom hated the Quiznos commericals with those hamster looking creepy things. Sometimes I will say "We love the subs!" or "They got a pepper bar!" just to annoy her.

-Julie

• 2 months later...

autozone...

WORST. JINGLE. EVER.

'if you want it, if you need it, just ask us, and we'll get it!'

oh, and any commercial where they have over a screen full of 'fine print' where they actually have to show the first part, then the second part...

i hate commercials that say BUT WAIT!, THERES MORE!!

Danimals comercials, that try to be 'hip'

oooh, and those new chrysler commercials, where they have anyone but the 'if you can find a better car, buy it!' guy say, 'if you can find a better car, BUY it! and the pitiful, snoopdog version, 'if the ride is more fly, you must buy!'

I currently hate the AllState commericals.

That's FlyingScooters stance.

On the upside:

The Lenscrafter's ad (Happiness) is contagious. I constantly find myself humming that one. I also like hot grey haired woman. The first time i saw that commercial, I looked at my girlfriend and said: See, i told you grey can look sexy! You don't have to dye your hair. (i don't mind sleeping on the couch.... twas only a few days. lol)

WORST. JINGLE. EVER.

'if you want it, if you need it, just ask us, and we'll get it!'

No, the worst jingle would have to be "We've got the sharpest pencil in town." and it's for an RV dealership in Bangor, and what's sad is, they really got a big pencil above their entrance. I'll take a picture of it sometime.

Plus, all of Bangor's local commercials are s**t since they're all low budget.

I find some radio commercials annoying. There's a car dealership whose commercials are always annoying and insulting. I usually turn the radio off when they come on.

Also, I find McDonalds radio commercials somewhat annoying. If you earn the honor of being considered "Elissa Friendly", you should at least have a decent ad campaign. One starts out with "Hello, this is your credit card company. We've noticed some unusual charges for a Big Mac Sandwich and French fries." If my credit card company called me, they would A. identify themself, and B. tell me that there was an unusual charge at some place, not for some item.

Ba ba ba da da... I'm hating it!

As for TV commercials, let's not forget those "$19.95" commercials.

Just use your credit card, and we'll cut the price in half

Call within the next ten minutes and we'll send you a ____ absolutely FREE.

There are so many commercials I can't stand. I hate the Welches juice commercials with the annoying little kids with lisps. It's not cute, it's annoying!

Oh yes, and I hate the commercials for...oh I dunno the product name. It's something to keep you from wetting you pants with that lame jingle, "And I don't have to go right now." It always makes me think of the SNL sketch for Oops I crapped my pants.

Great thread.

Sara