TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasters & their most MESSED up moments

All the brakes on Viper at SFMM. Those things hurt.

Also, the pretzel loop on Tatsu. It's awesome as heck, but just one ride on it was enough to make me dizzy for the rest of the night... Insane g-force, I tell ya. Not that I don't like the pretzel loop - I actually love it... it just makes me dizzy, though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X's Half-Half.

Since you're off to the side of the track, the banking of the track creates both airtime and laterals. Put those two together and somehow the ride always throws both my legs onto one side of that giant crotch protector thing.

Awsome.

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the FIFTH hill on the Riverside Cyclone. I rode it in the back. It went somewhat like this: Ejector air, train turns into jackhammer, bonkita-bonkita-bonkita all the way down. Ouch.

Also:

The S-turn on Psyclone

Fujiyama's trick-track-on-steroids

SROS's stop ("Where's the whiplash?")

The little flat turn on Manhattan Express (the one after the Twist 'n' Dive)

That little hill going into the corkscrew on an Arrow Corkscrew

Yankee Cannonball's back section

Eejanika's pre-lift "inversion"

Dodonpa's hill

most messed up moment: The Helix on the Boss! that is helix from hell!! but still fun as anything

most messed up experience-- back when I was a teenager, riding the Screamin Eagle, we were coming around the second turn, and dropping down the hill--airtime!! and also the moment that the lapbar on the seat decided to release and we had to catch it or fall out!

one other time in the late 70's again on the Eagle, the train was climbing the lift hill, but something wasnt right, and the train felt like it was slipping on the chain. well right as the first car reached the top, the train jerked foward once then back once then stopped, and thats where it sat for about 40 minutes. and after that long we got the pleasure of getting out of the cars, and walking back down to the station from the top of the lift hill!

we got the pleasure of getting out of the cars, and walking back down to the station from the top of the lift hill!

I actually want to get to do that some day. I had an e-stop at the MCBR on Son of Beast a few weeks before the accident. I was hoping I'd get to walk off, but they ruined it by letting the train go into the loop just moments later.

we got the pleasure of getting out of the cars, and walking back down to the station from the top of the lift hill!

I actually want to get to do that some day. I had an e-stop at the MCBR on Son of Beast a few weeks before the accident. I was hoping I'd get to walk off, but they ruined it by letting the train go into the loop just moments later.

I can honestly say, I still remember it like it was yesterday.. a few of the people were so terrified to be walking back down the hill, while my friend and I were like "wow this is so cool!!" I had seen the train stopping all day, and our trip was the one that broke it! I guess because of this and all the other adventures I had on the Eagle while I was growing up, help to make the Eagle my favorite wooden coaster!....

Riding Ghostrider while dehydrated and very hungry...

The result: Major headache and aching for the next 5 hours!!

Also: Getting E-Stopped on Colossus' (SFMM) second-to-last brake run so hard that you slam your head into the front of the car... also happened to me!!

I don't know why everyone hates Pysclone so much. Me and my best friend (Besides Beth) went to ride it. The first turn (when you go up the hill and your off the chain-link) was the major, 'Oh CRUD, what have we gotten ourselves in to?' the rest of the ride we couldn't scream, we were slamming into the walls, clutching the bars....Then we stayed on and didn't get off. But yeah it was a major, 'Oh no.' moment, and I considered no warning pretty messed up.

And Viper is very bumpy, but I also insisted on riding that. I had just won myself an uberly cool Superman cape, so I placed it between my knees. RIGHT before the corkscrew it fell. So I made a mad grab for it. I had a headache for HOURS.

PS: I gotta walk off of Splash Mountain at Disneyland. It was very cool. ^^

-Ann

The second half of The Ultimate, its so rough and crazy its awesome. The first half of the ride is a bit lame but the second half is on crack. I think The Ultimate is a bit underated and people complain because its rough, I think the roughness adds to the ride and gives it a real out of control feeling.